The Student Room Group

Which GCSE Result Are You Most Proud Of?

Scroll to see replies

My A in music, my teachers never told me what I got in my coursework so I went into the exam with no idea of how well I needed to do. So glad it's all over
A* in history, as I was only predicted A and had been getting Ds/Cs all year! C:
Reply 22
By some witchcraft I got an A* in French
English language for me. It's a subject I always struggled with when I got my results last year I was gutted seeing a D next to english language. So I resat it this year and was predicted a C, instead I got a B and I'm so happy
Maths - I really had a lot of stuff going on in year 9 and so fell behind in Maths, ending up in second set in the following year. I was predicted a B, borderline C, and came away with an A in maths!
I'm definitely proud of my A* in Maths, Further Maths and Physics
Reply 26
B in Further Maths as I did NO revision for the subject and only answered six questions in papers two LOL!
Reply 27
getting an A in chem considering i did the foundation paper for C3:biggrin:
A in English literature when I didn't even expect a B
English. I went from an E the first time I took it three years ago to a B today! Two A* and a C in the units. Also I did all my coursework in the space of a week because I hate English and never went into class XD
Reply 30
Last year I got a B in English Lit overall (thanks to getting an E in the coursework due to illness) but I was beyond proud of my A* in the exam considering that I had a panic attack, walked out midway through, returned and didn't finish the paper while dealing with really difficult family stuff at home.
Although I was also way too gleeful about my A* in Chemistry after my teacher predicted a C at maximum for me.
I would definitely have to say english.
I got an A* in English Language which I was not expecting at all as I had gotten a B in the coursework and thought the highest grade I could have gotten was a A.
in English Literature, I got a very low B in my coursework however I ended up with an A overall :smile:
I'm literally not sure if I should be proud of myself for this haha.. sounds strange right? But I got an A in graphics. I did revise for the exam but not to the full potential so I missed major points of the specification and therefore I seriously struggled so bad in the exam. BUT HEY LOL AN A!!!! I find it kind of hilarious, but I think you can kinda pull these tricks at GCSE tbh.. My coursework was just an A aswell and I got a B in the exam surprisingly O_O
Computing. Started with a C and had to self teach myself the entire subject because the teachers were disgusting. Resulted in an A*!
Physics !! I got a B but it was higher than my biology ums !!
I'm also proud of my A in english literature and a B in english language. I also thought I flopped english language since I was literally lost on what to write in the exam. I also started off being really bad at speaking english or anything to do with it since I came from another country so over these past few years I managed to get myself to this level... Amazing I think. Thanks to my lovely teacher and my luck, I had the best teacher for 3 years starting from year 9, and since that my english improved MASSIVELY. I love her so much tbh respect for u
Maths English lit and English language physics. maths and physics were a miracle cos I got As after being predicted c/d in physics and b/c in maths
Reply 37
It would most certainly be my A* in maths due to the sheer amount of effort I invested into it.
Reply 38
So proud of my biology result! I've been on a solid B for the full 2 years and I got an A* in both modules and the coursework!
Reply 39
Most proud of getting an A in English Language paper because I got a C and a D in both of my mocks, but at the same time I'm annoyed that I'm 3 marks away from an A* overall.

Quick Reply

Latest