The Student Room Group

Gcses good enough for med?

You’ve probably heard this question like a bajiillion times and I am super proud and happy with my results (I started year 11 predicted grade 3 and 4’s). Med was something I’ve always wanted to do so I knew I had to fix up with the small amount of time I had left.

Eng Lang: 9
Bio/Chem/Physics/Psych/Eng Lit : 8
Maths/History/Spanish: 7

I’m seriously so happy with them and I consider them great results. The thing is some of my friends are also applying to medicine, but they’ve all got around 9 9s or only 9’s and 8s. I know GCSES are a big factor in all medical schools alongside your admission tests, personal statements & work exp, I still havent got my predicted results yet but will my gcses hinder me in the competitive med application climate?
Reply 1
Original post by chemicalmira201
You’ve probably heard this question like a bajiillion times and I am super proud and happy with my results (I started year 11 predicted grade 3 and 4’s). Med was something I’ve always wanted to do so I knew I had to fix up with the small amount of time I had left.

Eng Lang: 9
Bio/Chem/Physics/Psych/Eng Lit : 8
Maths/History/Spanish: 7

I’m seriously so happy with them and I consider them great results. The thing is some of my friends are also applying to medicine, but they’ve all got around 9 9s or only 9’s and 8s. I know GCSES are a big factor in all medical schools alongside your admission tests, personal statements & work exp, I still havent got my predicted results yet but will my gcses hinder me in the competitive med application climate?

Your GCSEs are fine but will exclude a few of those who use GCSEs the most in shortlisting
Have a look at the link in the first post here
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7233558

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending