The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
stardanse
wow, aww thanks. looks like im the only one doing med microbiology at the mo. wud love to know grades now. i know that i havent got the grades they want so do u thunk i should phone up straight away before gettting my results? :confused:

like a warning? I suppose you could tell them that you are doubtful you will get the grades, but the uni will know our results by tuesday anyway (I think. or is it monday? nevermind... ) They will probably be deciding up till Thursday who to accept or not.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 21
yeah gona phone them up once i get results. i think they get the results on monday morning and then decide until wed to accept people.
i wish i knew how many people were offered places for my course and haw many they actually do accept each year, wud be really helpful.
Reply 22
I just got my results and I got AAB (missed my offer at Leeds) I'm not too disappointed, and I think I'm going to take a Gap year
Hope you all got in!
Reply 23
Hey all!

Sorry to hear you just missed your offer Misbah :frown: Good luck with the gap year, should be really fun!

I got 3 As yeeeeey :smile: so im off to Leeds this sept! Cant wait!
Reply 24
Missed my firm at Leeds unfortunately as i messed up my physics and maths......ALTHOUGH i have a back up option at Leeds of Physics with foundation studies so i shall see you all there!!
Reply 25
I fucked my exams up and they still want me! I thought damn CCD is no where near BBB but they offered me another course that will allow me to jump back into the course i originally wanted to do so its all good.
Reply 26
Missed my offer for Leeds too..ABBC I got. I thought about taking a gap year but then decided to do computer science at Leeds whilst also retaking my A Levels (and doing some new ones..in 1 year) and then reapplying for Leeds/Manchester Law the following year. Congrats Emma - for the rest of us, I guess its just a minor setback.
Sorry Penwong and Misbah, though its only a minor setback, im sure youll succeed anyway! Guess im going to be lonely in the law classes next year!
Reply 28
What a stressful day! eh, Defo going to Leeds now, cant wait, going to be fantastic, me, studying medicine at uni. What day is everyone going to Uni? Is it abit loserish if i hire a van to get all my shit up there.
Reply 29
You can occupy self catered accommodation from the 18th september (saturday) and catered from the 19th september (sunday). I think i'll be going up either of those days - not sure which yet.
Reply 30
JazzyJay
What a stressful day! eh, Defo going to Leeds now, cant wait, going to be fantastic, me, studying medicine at uni. What day is everyone going to Uni? Is it abit loserish if i hire a van to get all my shit up there.

Its not loser-ish, its a hell of a lot easier than m,aking three trips when you realise all the things you've forgotten and desperately need! After 3 years I had three car fulls of stuff, I still haven't moved it all back, all my bdding and kitchen stuff is still in my gran's spare room!
Reply 31
George-W-Duck
Sorry Penwong and Misbah, though its only a minor setback, im sure youll succeed anyway! Guess im going to be lonely in the law classes next year!

awww, all on you own! You will make new mates quickly! :smile:
I can't believe I missed out on my offer by 10 UMS marks! ah well, I'm meeting up with an old mate who works for Eversheds Law firm to get a job there for a year - so not all is lost!
Good luck at Leeds!
Reply 32
My sister is also heading to Leeds in September to do Spanish, Japanese and Linguistics. It's not what she'd had in mind originally but the course is great for her and I'm hoping she'll have a fantastic time.

Best wishes to all of you heading off to Uni at the start of the new term.
Reply 33
I got in, got B,C,C,D,D. I dropped a grade in chemistry got a C instead of a B, but they accepted me anyway! (the rest of my chem class got all A!)

Im sorry for those who didnt get in, its their loss- good luck in the future, im sure youll all be sucessfully in the future in whatever happens.

At my school there were loads of people who had to phone up their universities cos they miss the grades. There seemed to be less people getting in than not!

stardanse xxx
stardanse
I got in, got B,C,C,D,D. I dropped a grade in chemistry got a C instead of a B, but they accepted me anyway! (the rest of my chem class got all A!)

Im sorry for those who didnt get in, its their loss- good luck in the future, im sure youll all be sucessfully in the future in whatever happens.

At my school there were loads of people who had to phone up their universities cos they miss the grades. There seemed to be less people getting in than not!

stardanse xxx

Well done! There were many that droppedgrades in my college and its supposedly the tenth best in the country, it seems that all these record results arent quite as easy as the papers make them out! See you in September!
Reply 35
OH MY GOD! I have just heard from UCAS and my College that not all my results have been confirmed to Leeds! They didn't recieve my English Literature result at all so they think that I just got AA! No wonder they rejected me so quickly! :eek: :eek: I am soooo angry....
Reply 36
JazzyJay

I'm going up as soon as im allowed. How come catered is on the 19th and not on the 18th like self? How did you find it out? I hope they give me my first choice of Ellerslie! Its not loserish to hire a van, probs quite a few people will. Luckely we have an old mercedes estate so can put the back seats down and theres loads of space. Plus, with catered im gonna have to move out at christmas and easter, how irritating!
Misbah Imtiaz
OH MY GOD! I have just heard from UCAS and my College that not all my results have been confirmed to Leeds! They didn't recieve my English Literature result at all so they think that I just got AA! No wonder they rejected me so quickly! :eek: :eek: I am soooo angry....

Got back in touch yet Misbah? thats an outrage, you think something so important could be done ightly
emma_
I'm going up as soon as im allowed. How come catered is on the 19th and not on the 18th like self? How did you find it out? I hope they give me my first choice of Ellerslie! Its not loserish to hire a van, probs quite a few people will. Luckely we have an old mercedes estate so can put the back seats down and theres loads of space. Plus, with catered im gonna have to move out at christmas and easter, how irritating!

Im going up first day too, wanna get a feel of where i am so i can find my way home on freshers week nights... :biggrin: Not too hard for me to move in, i only live 20 milesish away so it doesnt have to be done in one journey!
Reply 39
I'm going up on the 18th which is a saturday right?? Weekend before freshers. I also live 3 hours away :frown:

Latest