I hate decisions. Watch

tom_tom_tom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would go with what ever you feel you will enjoy the mist

i did, Chemistry, Biology and Psychology with Physics AS

i think philsophy could be good from the list you have made there, as you then have abit of diversity with 2 essay based subjects and the 2 science ones, maths is good if you are mathmaticaly minded, im not, and yet i havent struggled with chemisty equations what so ever, i would honestly go with what subject a) you think will be more enjoyable and easy yo stick with b) well benefit you the most.
BenLL
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
If you can do it (and get a good grade) do Maths, it looks very good for entering university.
rob_the_sax_dude
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you are predicted an A* for GCSE RS, but don't want to do it further, why not go for Philosophy and Ethics? Because presumably you would be good at it if RS is a current strength, but it isn't the stuff you don't like?

If you struggle with maths, then I would suggest not doing Physics. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't do Chemisty without maths (unless you are thinking of doing a Chemistry degree - A Level Maths will be essential if you do!)

Hope that helps
kaytee.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rob_the_sax_dude)
If you are predicted an A* for GCSE RS, but don't want to do it further, why not go for Philosophy and Ethics? Because presumably you would be good at it if RS is a current strength, but it isn't the stuff you don't like?

i got an A* at GCSE RS and i regret not taking philosophy and ethics because the idea of doing a theology degree really interests me.
i think when choosing your A levels, choose them very carefully because you might regret taking them a few months down the line like i did
Garden_Gnome
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kaytee.)
i got an A* at GCSE RS and i regret not taking philosophy and ethics because the idea of doing a theology degree really interests me.
You do realise that you don't usually need a philosophy/theology A-level to study either of these subjects at degree level, don't you?
kaytee.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Garden_Gnome)
You do realise that you don't usually need a philosophy/theology A-level to study either of these subjects at degree level, don't you?
i realised that it would probably be of better advantage to me but i did think that it was preferred. ahh well, probably gonna end up sticking to what i know best now and do english language and linguistics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (215)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
6.93%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.57%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (259)
47.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise