The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I would go with what ever you feel you will enjoy the mist :smile:

i did, Chemistry, Biology and Psychology with Physics AS

i think philsophy could be good from the list you have made there, as you then have abit of diversity with 2 essay based subjects and the 2 science ones, maths is good if you are mathmaticaly minded, im not, and yet i havent struggled with chemisty equations what so ever, i would honestly go with what subject a) you think will be more enjoyable and easy yo stick with b) well benefit you the most.
Reply 21
If you can do it (and get a good grade) do Maths, it looks very good for entering university.
If you are predicted an A* for GCSE RS, but don't want to do it further, why not go for Philosophy and Ethics? Because presumably you would be good at it if RS is a current strength, but it isn't the stuff you don't like?

If you struggle with maths, then I would suggest not doing Physics. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't do Chemisty without maths (unless you are thinking of doing a Chemistry degree - A Level Maths will be essential if you do!)

Hope that helps
Reply 23
rob_the_sax_dude
If you are predicted an A* for GCSE RS, but don't want to do it further, why not go for Philosophy and Ethics? Because presumably you would be good at it if RS is a current strength, but it isn't the stuff you don't like?

i got an A* at GCSE RS and i regret not taking philosophy and ethics because the idea of doing a theology degree really interests me.
i think when choosing your A levels, choose them very carefully because you might regret taking them a few months down the line like i did
kaytee.
i got an A* at GCSE RS and i regret not taking philosophy and ethics because the idea of doing a theology degree really interests me.

You do realise that you don't usually need a philosophy/theology A-level to study either of these subjects at degree level, don't you?
Reply 25
Garden_Gnome
You do realise that you don't usually need a philosophy/theology A-level to study either of these subjects at degree level, don't you?

i realised that it would probably be of better advantage to me but i did think that it was preferred. ahh well, probably gonna end up sticking to what i know best now and do english language and linguistics :smile:

Latest