The Student Room Group

Chemistry, psychology, sociology A-levels?

Hey guys,

so i'm starting year 12 soon but i'm not sure on what to do for a-levels. For a while i decided ill do biology chemistry and pyschology and be able to study dentistry at university, but to be completely honest sciences aren't my strong suit and I worry that i'll become overwhelmed and hate a-level biology (I like chemistry). So i'm thinking of doing pyschology, sociology and chemistry instead, but what degrees could i do with those a-levels? I'd like potentially something like optometry, radiogrography, chemistry...etc something like that, but i'm not sure if i could progress onto such without biology. I really want to do a big course at uni soif anyone has any andived please share it. :smile:
Original post by OhIt'sJustMe
Hey guys,

so i'm starting year 12 soon but i'm not sure on what to do for a-levels. For a while i decided ill do biology chemistry and pyschology and be able to study dentistry at university, but to be completely honest sciences aren't my strong suit and I worry that i'll become overwhelmed and hate a-level biology (I like chemistry). So i'm thinking of doing pyschology, sociology and chemistry instead, but what degrees could i do with those a-levels? I'd like potentially something like optometry, radiogrography, chemistry...etc something like that, but i'm not sure if i could progress onto such without biology. I really want to do a big course at uni soif anyone has any andived please share it. :smile:

Your combo of psychology, sociology and chemistry would be fine for both diagnostic and therapeutic radiography as the majority of courses ask for just one science (and it doesn't need to be biology).

A good place to start you research for healthcare roles is the following link :

https://www.england.nhs.uk/ahp/role/

Then you will need to look at the course pages on some uni websites and check the entry requirements for both A levels and GCSEs. You can find courses here:

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/career-planning/course-finder
Original post by OhIt'sJustMe
Hey guys,
I’m doing the same A-levels! I initially chose to do do biology but switched to psychology because I absolutely hated it. How is it going for you? In my case I would love to do a chemistry degree as some universities just require chemistry so you wouldn’t need biology but of course it would be helpful :smile: You could also try to look at other degrees that you might be interested in? I found that some degrees don’t require certain subjects sometimes like architecture/law but this obviously depends on the university you want to go to.
Original post by Randommmm101
I’m doing the same A-levels! I initially chose to do do biology but switched to psychology because I absolutely hated it. How is it going for you? In my case I would love to do a chemistry degree as some universities just require chemistry so you wouldn’t need biology but of course it would be helpful :smile: You could also try to look at other degrees that you might be interested in? I found that some degrees don’t require certain subjects sometimes like architecture/law but this obviously depends on the university you want to go to.

I suspect the OP has already made their decision as the thread is six months old. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest