The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Nothing he's ever done has made me think 'wow'
He's an idiot. End of. :p:
I stopped giving a toss about him when i discovered Derren Brown.
Reply 23
IS he not on T.V. tonight according to that article? If so what channel!?
Reply 24
wow. I've nevere cared less, about anything in my life.
I actually saw him encased in ice in London, was pretty amazing. But he should be careful, he might die doing one of his silly stunts. Well at least he would have died a martyr alongside Saddam Hussain and that crocodile dundee bloke.
Reply 26
urbandervish
Just see what this three year old can do...in 114 seconds.

Now, that's talent!

Damnit. I did it in 4 days before. I wonder if she'll be able to do that when she's older.
Reply 27
is he dead yet?
MVP
is he dead yet?

not yet unfortunately. but im sure there's a cliff waiting for him to fall off...
I couldn't be less impressed. He's an attention seeking idiot performing a 'stunt' which involves him doing bugger all with absolutely nothing acheived at the end of it save the possibility of causing himself medical problems.
Reply 30
he needs to do something useful with his life...seriously...
gitwizard! as marcus b would say.
Reply 32
urbandervish
Just see what this three year old can do...in 114 seconds.

Now, that's talent!

I think it's child abuse tbh :frown: Why else do these "talent" videos seem to emerge from China more than any other countries - it's a country renowned for ridiculous pressure on children. Sigh.

At least David Blaine does things using his own free will and thinks up (I suppose) his own stunts. His stunts bore me though. I don't know why risking your life is considered clever. But again, at least he had the choice.
Reply 33
I like him, he pushes boundaries. Good to watch.
Reply 34
Ughhh I can't stand this guy! He does dumb stuff and then people act like he's some sort of hero. NO -- he's a moron.
Adhsur
I think it's child abuse tbh :frown: Why else do these "talent" videos seem to emerge from China more than any other countries - it's a country renowned for ridiculous pressure on children. Sigh.

At least David Blaine does things using his own free will and thinks up (I suppose) his own stunts. His stunts bore me though. I don't know why risking your life is considered clever. But again, at least he had the choice.

I understand exactly what you mean.

However, it's not just China that seems to be producing more "talent" contests where kids are involved.

The same would go for beauty pageant contests in America involving dozens of over-sexualised twirling five-year-old girls (sometimes in almost raunchy outfits) which equates to the 'twirling in time to music' in Dog Agility at the Crufts Dog Show.

Also, I've seen how overbearing parents can put pressure on their children (sometimes as young as eight), playing a game of competitive football. Parents can often be seen stomping their feet, screaming and even yelling obscenities due to their frustration.

Even the BBC Young Musician of the Year has had the authorities worried that the competitive ethos might be damaging to children and could be opening them up to exploitation by ruthless Talent Agents fishing for the latest child prodigy who can play a Mozart concerto in public.

But still, I feel, the children are talented ... it's only wrong when they are exploited by parents and other adults.

He put an Ace of Spades in my Profile! :zomg:
Reply 38
urbandervish
He put an Ace of Spades in my Profile! :zomg:

What the EFF?? Omg.. don't sign the release !
:zomg:
AHAHAHAHAAH DAVID BLAINE GOT CAUGHT FRAUDIN AHAHAHAH LOOK AT THE CABLES LMFAO, IM LAUGHING SO HARD !!

Latest

Trending

Trending