The Student Room Group

Next year finance

Hi there,

Just wanted to ask an information.

Basically when I applied for the 1st year finance, I was working and I am a British independent student, with one child and single. My employer made me redundant as she said that she cannot accommodate my needs with the timing with university and childcare 🥺. My question is do I have to work in order to receive student finance for next year application? I just want to continue with my studies to have a career and give all the support for my child. Thanks in advance
Original post by Sana R
Hi there,
Just wanted to ask an information.
Basically when I applied for the 1st year finance, I was working and I am a British independent student, with one child and single. My employer made me redundant as she said that she cannot accommodate my needs with the timing with university and childcare 🥺. My question is do I have to work in order to receive student finance for next year application? I just want to continue with my studies to have a career and give all the support for my child. Thanks in advance
Hi Sana. Did you have student finance previously as a Migrant Worker or are you a UK national who was already eligible and just working whilst studying? Thanks - David
Reply 2
Original post by David SLC
Hi Sana. Did you have student finance previously as a Migrant Worker or are you a UK national who was already eligible and just working whilst studying? Thanks - David

Hi David,

I applied as an UK national before and I was eligible for student finance, but working at the time. Now I lost my job and thinking about next year finance how would this work?
Thanks
Original post by Sana R
Hi David,
I applied as an UK national before and I was eligible for student finance, but working at the time. Now I lost my job and thinking about next year finance how would this work?
Thanks
Thanks Sana. If you are a UK national and not a Migrant Worker your own employment does not impact your eligibility for funding. If you are employed or unemployed you would still be eligible to receive finance. Thanks - David
Reply 4
Thank you so much David!
Original post by Sana R
Thank you so much David!
You're welcome, have a nice day! Thanks, David

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending