The Student Room Group

Migrant worker- Maternity leave

Hello ,I am a student and I am currently receiving the help of student finance maintenance loan. My case is that I am 26 weeks pregnant and I work 10 hours a week but because my pregnancy is high risk because it is the second baby I will have by caesarean section, unfortunately I cannot continue working and I will have to take sickNote . I work in a kitchen and I have to lift a lot of weight and I can't be standing and it gives me a lot of pain in the wound of my previous caesarean section. I will soon be on maternity leave But in the meantime I will have to take medical leave and I would like to know if this would affect my financing in any way? Next month I will already have my settlement and I will be able to change my immigration status.
Original post by Steophany
Hello ,I am a student and I am currently receiving the help of student finance maintenance loan. My case is that I am 26 weeks pregnant and I work 10 hours a week but because my pregnancy is high risk because it is the second baby I will have by caesarean section, unfortunately I cannot continue working and I will have to take sickNote . I work in a kitchen and I have to lift a lot of weight and I can't be standing and it gives me a lot of pain in the wound of my previous caesarean section. I will soon be on maternity leave But in the meantime I will have to take medical leave and I would like to know if this would affect my financing in any way? Next month I will already have my settlement and I will be able to change my immigration status.

Hi there. If you have to stop working due to sickness/illness you can still be eligible as a Migrant Worker even if that is not Maternity Leave related. We would require evidence for this. You would need to provide a require a copy of your contract of employment and payslips showing Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), along with Statement of fitness for work (FIT note) showing the end date or period that you were not fit to work. If self-employed we only need sick notes. Thanks - David
Reply 2
Original post by David SLC
Hi there. If you have to stop working due to sickness/illness you can still be eligible as a Migrant Worker even if that is not Maternity Leave related. We would require evidence for this. You would need to provide a require a copy of your contract of employment and payslips showing Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), along with Statement of fitness for work (FIT note) showing the end date or period that you were not fit to work. If self-employed we only need sick notes. Thanks - David

Thank you very much for your answer, David is of great help to me 🙏
Original post by Steophany
Thank you very much for your answer, David is of great help to me 🙏

You're welcome, have a nice day! - David

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending