The Student Room Group

NHS Wales finance

Hello, I am looking to study adult nursing at undergraduate level in Cardiff and I am a little confused. Online it says that studying Nursing in Wales you are entitled to a full NHS bursary including tuition fees and a non - repayable bursary for living costs providing work in wales 2 years after qualifying. I am wondering how this works. Do you still take out a maintenenace loan? and if so is it smaller due to the bursary granted by the NHS of 5k a year? and do I need to apply to a seperate thing in terms of finance to be eligible for the NHS Bursary for tuition fees?
Original post by Gracecb
Hello, I am looking to study adult nursing at undergraduate level in Cardiff and I am a little confused. Online it says that studying Nursing in Wales you are entitled to a full NHS bursary including tuition fees and a non - repayable bursary for living costs providing work in wales 2 years after qualifying. I am wondering how this works. Do you still take out a maintenenace loan? and if so is it smaller due to the bursary granted by the NHS of 5k a year? and do I need to apply to a seperate thing in terms of finance to be eligible for the NHS Bursary for tuition fees?

Do you normally live in Wales or England?
Original post by Gracecb

Hi there, do you live in Wales (including outside of your term dates)? Thanks, Jason
Reply 3
Original post by normaw
Do you normally live in Wales or England?

I live in England
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, do you live in Wales (including outside of your term dates)? Thanks, Jason

I live in England
Hi Grace,

If you normal live in England and are just be moving to Wales for the purpose of study then you will apply for Student Finance England.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 6
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi Grace,
If you normal live in England and are just be moving to Wales for the purpose of study then you will apply for Student Finance England.
Thanks, Drew

Thank you you Drew, do I need to apply separately for the NHS bursary for tuition fees? and how this works?
Hi Gracecb,

Yes, you will need to contact the NHS regarding this

Thanks,
Calum
Original post by Gracecb
Thank you you Drew, do I need to apply separately for the NHS bursary for tuition fees? and how this works?

Hi Grace. For this NHS Bursary you would need to contact the Welsh NHS Bursary Service. If you take this bursary, you will be awarded a reduced amount of Maintenance Loan from SFE. Thanks, David
Reply 9
Original post by David SLC
Hi Grace. For this NHS Bursary you would need to contact the Welsh NHS Bursary Service. If you take this bursary, you will be awarded a reduced amount of Maintenance Loan from SFE. Thanks, David

Thank you David
You're welcome, have a nice day. David
Original post by David SLC

I see this query on the Healthcare forum a lot, ie England-resident students wondering whether to take the NHS Wales bursary or not. What is the maximum amount of reduced maintenance loan that a student could be awarded for 24-25?
Hi normaw,

The reduced rate maintenance loan for 24/25 for the Elsewhere living location is £2670

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending