The Student Room Group

Student loan issue

Hello…. I’m intending to apply for a higher education- part time- student loan but it seems that there is an issue with the service and I am always unable to submit the application… anyone else got this issue? How’s going to be fixed the problem!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by david28london
Hello…. I’m intending to apply for a higher education- part time- student loan but it seems that there is an issue with the service and I am always unable to submit the application… anyone else got this issue? How’s going to be fixed the problem!!

Hi David,

Had you previously started an application? Or what is it staying when you try and submit this? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi David,

Had you previously started an application? Or what is it staying when you try and submit this? Thanks, Jason

well… I have another 2 applications cancelled because I misconfused some concepts.
I tried to change then online but I couldn’t do it and gave me the option of cancelling them.
well… I have another 2 applications cancelled because I misconfused some concepts.
I tried to change then online but I couldn’t do it and gave me the option of cancelling them.

Hi David,

Can you confirm if your a home student or EU student? When does your course start? Are you getting an error message when you try to submit the application?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Well… I live in the uk but I’m not British and am due to start in January as new student.
As for the issue… it always comes up after confirming my current address in the uk.
It looks like a system error as it says they will sort it out promptly but it is been 2 weeks that it is giving me trouble.
Well… I live in the uk but I’m not British and am due to start in January as new student.
As for the issue… it always comes up after confirming my current address in the uk.
It looks like a system error as it says they will sort it out promptly but it is been 2 weeks that it is giving me trouble.

Can you confirm your nationality? What status do you hold in the UK? How long have you been in the UK? Are you applying for a full time or part time course? Is the course undergraduate?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 6
I’m from Spain. Settle status. 16 years in the uk. Higher education at part time course. Undergraduate.

Is your address in the UK in England? If you can't do this online you will need to complete the paper application and post this to us. You can find the form on our website here https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 8
Original post by Claire SFE
Is your address in the UK in England? If you can't do this online you will need to complete the paper application and post this to us. You can find the form on our website here https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms

Thanks,
Claire

Well… I completed a previous application which I could summit and cancelled later… the issue there is that I simply put full time instead of part time loan and omitted the type of course because I could not find it. After cancellation the app gives the option of making changes by calling to the office….
Well… I completed a previous application which I could summit and cancelled later… the issue there is that I simply put full time instead of part time loan and omitted the type of course because I could not find it. After cancellation the app gives the option of making changes by calling to the office….

Hi David, what device is it you're using to make applications? Is it an apple product? We've had reports over the last month that some apple products aren't working well with our systems which can cause errors making applications. Rest assured we are still investigating this matter to get it resolved. If it is only apple products you possess you could alternatively complete a paper application so we can get that processed whilst the error is being resolved? You can use the 'Form finder' tab on your online account to locate the forms and send it by post. Our application processing time is 6-8 weeks just now. Thanks, Ross
I tried in different devices like dell but apple too.
I tried in different devices like dell but apple too.

Hi David, I'd advise to locate the paper application and send it via post for the time being. Thanks, Ross
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi David, I'd advise to locate the paper application and send it via post for the time being. Thanks, Ross

Hi Ross....in the last part of the application I am required to complete a certifier checklist. But should I still fill it if i am an EU student, I am resident in the UK and got settle status scheme? Could I certify it by sending the home office letter and a code instead!
In the other hand...
the question 3.7.1 related to If I have settle Status ....I obviously said yes but again it says that I have to apply online...what should I do if I cannot do it by error of system?.
And the question 3.9 related to if I am a EU national or the family member of a EU national who is resident in Gibraltar....
I dont have very clear this question but my situation is I am European and I have been living for 17 years in the Uk, neither I nor any family member have NEVER lived in Gibraltar. What should I tick in this case?
I would appreciate if you could clear me up those two doubts above...

Hi there, what kind of application is it you're trying to make? What level is the course you're doing? Thanks, Ross
EU PTL1 - application for part-time student finance for new students (Tuition Fee Loan only) in 2023 to 2024
Undergraduate course, part time, certificate of higher education in History and Archeology

Hi David,
What device is it you're using? Thanks, Ross
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi David,
What device is it you're using? Thanks, Ross

Well… I used laptops both apple and dell… including my mobile phone… but it doesn’t work

That’s why I’m completing the paper application

That’s why I’m completing the paper application

Hi David,

A paper application would be a great idea to do whilst the error gets investigated. Please send it to the PO Box at the bottom of the application. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending