The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Scented Water
Urgh.

As does half his class. :woo:

Is it easily 'catchable' from him?

I sooo don't want to get it. :/

It´s very contagious (at the same rate of ordinary flu) but don´t be a fraid cause It does not have to be dangerous If your immunologic system is working more or less fine. Just take care of your brother and, If anyone else in the family gets it, just rest, take your meds and do whatever the doctors tells you to.
Reply 21
Most of the country is going to get it at some point. If you're not particularly vulnerable, it's unlikely to be overly serious. It will certainly be unpleasant, but it's not a serious threat in most cases.
Reply 22
Scented Water
Urgh.

My aunt got it 2 days ago the day before i was at her house so i had to go on tamiflu anyways
I'm fine though
just get the medicine from your docs..
You'll be ok

its not as bad as they make it out to be my aunts getting better already.
Reply 23
And yeah don't go doctors..
I did with my bro who actually had flu like symptons and they told us go home and ring them to get the prescription for tamiflu...
Reply 24
Cheers guys - with all the sensationalist tosh in the news, I was getting quite worried. But thanks: cleared things up a lot! :smile:
Reply 25
Scented Water
Urgh.

It is quite contagious because not many of us, if any, are immune to it. The chances of you getting it can be reduced by having little contact with him, and getting him to be hygienic, catch it kill it bin it, or whatever it is lol.

If your area has been identified as a swine flu hotspot then only people diagnosed with swine flu will get the Tamiflu, not relatives/friends. It's really crap, but there's nothing we can do lol.
Reply 26
ur dying

Latest

Trending

Trending