The Student Room Group

Can you still wear a face mask in public?

I bought one for fashion last week and started wearing it, due to the amount of people smoking and stenches.

Such as on way Home from Gym, there's a bingo club and people always smoke outside.

Will I get arrested? Is it legal? Trying to look after my health. Second hand smoke is awful. Does harm children too.
People still wear it. You won't get arrested for it. It's just less common to see people wearing it now as it's not enforced.
I wore one last Tuesday. The only person to comment negatively was my mother, who refused to wear one even at the height of the pandemic (though at least had the decency to stay at home until they were no longer a legal requirement).

Definitely not illegal.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
I still wear one when out in public, I still wear one in shops and on trains. COVID nearly killed me the first time I had it and I'd rather not get it a second time.
i wear it because i hate those cctvs and possibly facial recognition software they use in the cctvs
I still see the odd person wearing a mask. It's understandable especially if you are looking after you health.

I don't think it will become as commonplace as China for example, but I don't think it will raise any eyebrows like it might have done 5-6 years ago.
Original post by Admit-One
I still see the odd person wearing a mask. It's understandable especially if you are looking after you health.

I don't think it will become as commonplace as China for example, but I don't think it will raise any eyebrows like it might have done 5-6 years ago.

you dont have to wear mask because of covid
you can wear mask just because you have a flu

my office has a policy that predates covid , those who have flu but still want to work must wear mask in office
Reply 7
I will wear a mask if a public place smells dirty.
Reply 8
Why on earth would it be illegal?!

Quick Reply

Latest