The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by violetvictorious
Does anyone have an example of a biological explanations of schizophrenia AO1? I find that there's really not much to say to get the FULL EIGHT MARKS

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will personal message you my bullet points on SZ biological explanations now :smile:
Original post by aimsnaywux
I will personal message you my bullet points on SZ biological explanations now :smile:

Oh thankyouuuu

Posted from TSR Mobile
is everyone learning everything?
Original post by violetvictorious

I can't attach my document in a personal message soooo here they are (pardon the font I don't know how to change it)

It also has a little bit about the drug treatment also
Original post by georgie2498

Gonna try my best to, but I'm only skimming some things, like the AS research methods stuff
Just wondering,

Say you have a question like outline and evaluate psychological therapies for schizophrenia, If i outline and evaluate one in detail, and the other in not so much detail will I lose marks? Cause I have tons of evaluation for drug therapy, but small amounts for ECT because in the book they isn't much.
Original post by NHM
Think of it like a maths equation...

Nominal data + independent groups = chi square
Oridinal data + Independent = Mann Whitney U
Ordinal + repeated/matched = Wilcoxon
Ordinal + correlation = spearmans rho

I have odd ways of remembering things 🙄

Would Interval be the same as what you have written for ordinal?
Reply 4807
Original post by Catriona Lucy
Would Interval be the same as what you have written for ordinal?

I have absolutely no idea... We got told not to do interval :/
Original post by SunDun111
Just wondering,

Say you have a question like outline and evaluate psychological therapies for schizophrenia, If i outline and evaluate one in detail, and the other in not so much detail will I lose marks? Cause I have tons of evaluation for drug therapy, but small amounts for ECT because in the book they isn't much.

I'm literally doing this topic right now and came to ask about it hah. My teacher told us that if possible we should just focus on drugs (both typical and a-typical) because ECT isn't really used in this country anymore. And I remember someone telling me after the PSYA3 that if you focus on one and then do another point in less detail they can knock you down for it, so I was thinking that just focusing on drugs is better?
Do any of you guys have a list of potential appropriateness/effectiveness points I can use in my treatments essays for SZ? I'm getting confused between the difference between them
Reply 4810
Original post by aimsnaywux
What points have you made for that essay?

Basically I've done reliability - all the boring stuff then I said Carson reviewed DSM fixed inter-rater. Wilks and RBANS.

A02 - **** loads on Rosenhan (half a page)
Whaley found inter rater correlations rater +0.11. Prescott analysed test retest In 14 sz stable over 6 months. Copeland and diagnosis across cultures.

Validity- again all the boring stuff. Buckley and comorbidity. Klostkotter and positive symptoms.

A02- untreated comorbidity may be the cause of poor levels of functioning rather than sz, increase in suicide and then ethics.

A bit brief but hope it gives you an outline haha!
Original post by SunDun111
Just wondering,

They say on mark schemes that when they ask for 2 of something, you don't get the top band unless it's balanced- i.e. you talk about both equally

It's irritating I know but that's what is says
Original post by NHM
I have absolutely no idea... We got told not to do interval :/

Ok, but what if the answer is interval?
Original post by georgie2498
I'm going to practice and going into more detail to learn the predictions (the ones that haven't come up has recently) and then skim through the other essays (and try to learn them if i have time... which is unlikely)!
Original post by wickedisgood
I'm literally doing this topic right now and came to ask about it hah. My teacher told us that if possible we should just focus on drugs (both typical and a-typical) because ECT isn't really used in this country anymore. And I remember someone telling me after the PSYA3 that if you focus on one and then do another point in less detail they can knock you down for it, so I was thinking that just focusing on drugs is better?
Have you learnt about cognitive therapy? You could use that instead because drug therapy is for the biological explanation... right?
Original post by RedRosesBloom
Have you learnt about cognitive therapy? You could use that instead because drug therapy is for the biological explanation... right?

Oh damn I read the OP question wrong because we have ECT as a biological not psychological therapy so I automatically thought they meant biological. I do have cognitive as a psychological, haha sorry for the confusion!
is everyone learning everything for research methods and media? i'm somewhat stretched for time :afraid:
Reply 4817
Does anyone have typed notes condensing research methods?
Can anyone explain Chi-square to me please??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok I underestimated how much content there actually is in psya4

Latest

Trending

Trending