The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by Angelo12231
Ahhh!

around 63 marks... For 1b, i got 1/3 and 1/10 (stupid mistake lol don't even ask) for the y^2 question I put 2y, and for the last question I got 2/3 instead of 3/2. How about you?

Lol I was hoping that C2 would be the one I wouldn't have to do so well on, but now I guess I do xD

Good luck guys

Same around 62-64 got the p values wrong, the total salary question and in the y question i forgot to do the last step :frown: good luck to u too
Original post by TeeEm
thanks

good luck too.

What are plans for University (course)?

Medicine hopefully, you're probably tired of hearing people say that lol

yourself? :biggrin:
Reply 502
Medicine hopefully, you're probably tired of hearing people say that lol

yourself? :biggrin:

medicine is good. Keep working then.

Me?

I am about 30 years too late for a degree...
Original post by TeeEm
medicine is good. Keep working then.

Me?

I am about 30 years too late for a degree...

Oh right, I had no idea :h: thanks
Original post by hasan6091
You are exactly like me i Resat c1 and because of how dull i find it and how bad my mental maths is i dropped a few marks

yeah im pretty guaranteed to retake, even if i just scrape an A my teacher thinks it's worth it because we were expeceted to get 100% on C1 and then C2 next week (I also do further maths and interestingly i found fp1's paper much better as i was way more prepared and focused)
Original post by ALEVEL_STUDENT
I used the quadratic formula and got 3+-square root 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unless you weren't supposed to use 1, -6 and 1 as your a, b and c in the quadratic formulae then I don't understand how I've done it wrong
Original post by sophietulip
Unless you weren't supposed to use 1, -6 and 1 as your a, b and c in the quadratic formulae then I don't understand how I've done it wrong

root(32) divided by 2 does not equal root(16)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 507
Original post by sophietulip

The a b and c values are correct, but root32 divided by 2 does not = root 16. The way to do it was simplify root32 into 4root2 and then divide that by 2, leaving 2root2 for that particular term.
Original post by Arsey
If I have time. I will do solutions to the C1-C4 M1-M2 S1 FP1 D1-D2 I might do FP2 if I can remember how to do it. I doubt it about S2 as I've forgotten half of it.

Not sure if I will have time to do the R and IAL papers this season.

Ah ok cool! thanks so much Arsey :smile:
Reply 509
Original post by tazza ma razza
Ah ok cool! thanks so much Arsey :smile:

I put your name forward as one of the coolest usernames!
Reply 510
Original post by gdunne42
root(32) divided by 2 does not equal root(16)

Do you know how many marks i would lose for that? 😭 i did the same mistake
Reply 511
Original post by pauux
Do you know how many marks i would lose for that? ������ i did the same mistake

Seeing as the question was 4 marks, I'd say 2 dropped, maybe even 3 as using the quadratic formula should've been fairly straightforward
Original post by TeeEm
I put your name forward as one of the coolest usernames!

Seriously?!?!?! Wow i am honoured -> that has been my nick name since yr 8 (just left yr 13 as of today!)
Reply 513
Original post by tazza ma razza
Seriously?!?!?! Wow i am honoured -> that has been my nick name since yr 8 (just left yr 13 as of today!)

I would copyright it if I was you.

sounds like a good name for a business
(sounds like a secret message)
(Party) Whooo, Looks like I got 100% I'm so happy! Can't wait for C2. 😀
Original post by Arsey
Because you cannot be both at the same time. It has to be or not and.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know if for the differentiation question, I just messed up one bit however that got me the wrong differentiation. I simplified 12/2x = 6x instead of 6x^-1. And the next 5 marker question required -1 to be substituted into this as well so I got the wrong gradient however all my method was correct. How many marks will this one mistake cost me out of 10? :frown:
Reply 516
Original post by Don Pedro K.
Seriously Arsey if you read this, how did you get the paper so quickly?

I'm Batman
Reply 517
Are you going to solve the C2 paper aswell?

I should think so, I am Batman afterall.
Reply 518
Original post by Arsey
If I have time. I will do solutions to the C1-C4 M1-M2 S1 FP1 D1-D2 I might do FP2 if I can remember how to do it. I doubt it about S2 as I've forgotten half of it.

Not sure if I will have time to do the R and IAL papers this season.

No R papers this season! :frown:
Original post by Arsey
I should think so, I am Batman afterall.

The fact that I pre-ordered the new arkham knight motivates me to do well in maths... I shall be waiting for you right after I finish the exam :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending