The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Y George
Guys, has anyone had an interview with Shepherd and Wedderburn before, ideally at their Edinburgh office? I was invited to a first interview + verbal and numerical reasoning tests. Anyone else? Thanks

How did the interview and tests go? Mine is tomorrow! Any tips?
I've mountains of work experience, business involvement., sporting excellence and when it came to the interview stage I am confident that I would nail it in regards to City vacation schemes. However, will my 2:2 in second year hinder me from getting through the first round of application processing? Currently I am on a year abroad and looking to apply for a VS for Summer 2016. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Original post by J-SP
For the vast majority of firms, yes it will be a hindrance. You can always apply for vac schemes in your final year/once you have graduated, so I'd focus on getting your grades up and then apply once you have a 2.1 under your belt.

Thanks a lot for the advice. I may take it toward a business pathway rather than specific legal firms and see what possibilities are out there. Thanks again.
Original post by TLA1993
London!

Have you done the interview yet? Did mine yesterday, was wondering how long it will take to here back
Ive just been invited for an interview. Any advice for the test?
Original post by Rockpaper123
Do you guys have any advice for Burges Salmon or Osborne Clarke assessment days? Please let me know.

How did your OC Assessment centre go? I have mine in one week's time, was wondering whether you've got any advice/insight into what might come up?

Thanks so much
Original post by ra7148
Hi everyone,

I have a osborne clarke AC coming up and they said we have to do a critical thinking test? Does this mean watson glaser or verbal reasoning? During the application process they made us do a verbal reasoning test and based on the info I found, previous AC's were made to do a verbal reasoning test so i'm confused.

Hey! I have a Osborne Clarke AC next week and was wondering the exact same in regards to the tests - what test did you have in the end on the day? Thanks!
Original post by LondonBug1234
Hey! I have a Osborne Clarke AC next week and was wondering the exact same in regards to the tests - what test did you have in the end on the day? Thanks!

I had this yesterday. It was standard Watson Glacer!
Sorry, just to clarify is that verbal reasoning? Same as on the application form?

Did you go to the AC in London? How was it? Best of Luck!! :smile:
Hi guys,

Hope your all good and doing well.

Im in my final year and have achieved a 2.1 first year, 2.2 2nd year and inshaAllah hoping to get a 1st/2.1 for third year.

Just wanted to ask that when applying for vacation schemes, having a btec national diploma in business in college, would that affect my application in anyway?

And has does anyone know the firms that have an office based in middle east like dubai, abu dhabi, qatar etc?
Reply 5550
Original post by legal_nyx
I'm putting a thanks in this thread also for the advice and knowledge everyone has provided. I had a couple of VS this year but it was an AC that enabled me to gain a TC with TLT. Thank you again and good luck to you all! :smile:

Well done!!! Any advice on the TLT online video interview? thanks indeed.
Yo guys,
I'm new to this whole things butt got an accessment centre with Wragge and co in Brum, was just wondering if anyone has done one and if I can be cheeky and ask what is was like as in the general tasks and stuff. just so I have some idea of how to prep. After about 20 rejections during last years cycle, I'm kinda desperate and really like wragge so pls pls pls can someone help? Thanks in advance ( or should I make a new thread or something would that be better- lol I'm clueless)
Please help me if anyone still checks this thread!!!

I have video interview to do for Bond Dickinson can anyone message me any advice, information or the sort of questions they ask???

I am desperate for help I bombed my last video interview and bond is my last shot I think at tc.I will be eternally grateful.
Original post by Sarvie
Has anyone been given a 10 minute telephone interview by Marriott Harrison? If so - from your experience what questions did they ask? Any help or pointers would be amazing!

Thank you
S

Hey! I know this is from an old thread, but I have my interview with Marriott Harrison soon - what questions did they ask you? I'd really appreciate any help as I really am depending on this interview! Thank you!
when do you usually receive the outcome of a TC interview at the end of a vac scheme?

also, anyone been on linklaters' vac scheme? would be grateful for a pm :smile:
I completed the winter vacation scheme with Jones Day in 2015. Due to the non-rotational training scheme I completed work for various departments including; Real Estate, Litigation and Corporate. I would advise Vac Schemes to be open minded and confident. Dive straight in and seek work, be enthusiatic and commercially aware.

More specifically, whilst completing the negotiation excercise make sure that you understand the tenants of contract. It is important that you know that insurees are obligated to inform insurers of the correct value of the items they wish to insure. This is as it can impact the rate of premium they pay, or whether the insurer even wants to take on the risk at all. Above all, reach a negotiation any deal is better than none in this instance.

In addition, Jones Day is looking for well rounded canidates, be presentable, professional and open to criticsm.

I hope this helps.☺
I am in my third year (penultimate year) I applied for a TC for A
I am in My third year (penultimate year). I applied for a TC with A&O and got invited to the Assessment centre. But unfortunately got rejected at this stage. I was wondering if there is anyone out there who was in the same boat and re-applied again in their final year for the TC and ultimately got the offer. Please advice. I really want to re-apply to them. this was my first ever interview and I wasn't as good as i could have been

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending