Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defragmentation)
    Heya, how important would you say second year results are when hoping to convert vac schemes into TC offers? Do firms even ask for them? Thaanks
    Very important.

Most firms will ask for them either during your vacation scheme or prior to making a decision on a TC. For those that don't, if you get a TC most firms will make the offer conditional upon you receiving a 2.1 or above. The TC on boarding process/reference checks would pick up if you haven't achieved a 2.1.

As long as your grades are consistent with your previous grades or have improved there's no issue though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawStudent30)
    Which office did you apply for? Can you not attend any of the dates? Frustrating that the outcome was so late that you're already booked up! I haven't heard anything so expecting a rejection Monday morning but I have clashing dates also!
    Liverpool office so they just stick you in a generic 'Northern' vac scheme. Unfortunately the two weeks they have decided to run the scheme are both weeks I already have one! They did advertise that they had a northern scheme running from the 13th July which would have been perfect but they have obviously decided to sack that off!

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is still waiting for Blake Morgan, I got a vac scheme offer last week for their Cardiff office This came in about two hours after I emailed them asking when we should hear by though so I don't know if it's worth emailing them if you haven't heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hill Dickinson London offer for 22nd June!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    Very important.

Most firms will ask for them either during your vacation scheme or prior to making a decision on a TC. For those that don't, if you get a TC most firms will make the offer conditional upon you receiving a 2.1 or above. The TC on boarding process/reference checks would pick up if you haven't achieved a 2.1.

As long as your grades are consistent with your previous grades or have improved there's no issue though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah okay, thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything from bevan Brittan or even knows what the next stage of the application process is after the initial application? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darbythetinker)
    Hill Dickinson London offer for 22nd June!!!
    Me too! It was worth the wait after all! See you there.

ReputationRep:
    Weightmans offer

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else yet to hear back from Gibson Dunn with an interview date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student652)
    Weightmans offer
    Congratulations. I've just had an offer as well. Not sure I can make it any more though which is disappointing, I really don't want to have to turn it down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tudd)
    Congratulations. I've just had an offer as well. Not sure I can make it any more though which is disappointing, I really don't want to have to turn it down.
    How come you can't make it! Which office?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student652)
    Weightmans offer
    Which office?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone sent off their Government Legal Department vac scheme application? I just wondered if anyone received a confirmation email as I did not, but my university email address plays up a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from VWV yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almvp)
    Nothing yet... I emailed them last week, they replied saying they are currently processing applications and will get back to us "in due course". Fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollyhaines1)
    Has anyone sent off their Government Legal Department vac scheme application? I just wondered if anyone received a confirmation email as I did not, but my university email address plays up a lot!
    I have sent mine and I didn't get an email either

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing from Hill Dickinson - presume it's a rejection as I've read other people have heard. I usually do quite well in online tests so disappointed but oh well. Also nothing from VWV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Which office?
    London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benbutterworth)
    Nothing yet... I emailed them last week, they replied saying they are currently processing applications and will get back to us "in due course". Fingers crossed.
    Oh wow, it's been a while! Is there any other stages to the application process?
    Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almvp)
    I got an offer yesterday. Good luck, hopefully they haven't sent out all the offers yet.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.