Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Breakingbank
For IBD: Telephone -> 2x30m F2F interviews -> Assessment centre
For Markets: 2x30m telephone interviews -> Assessment centre

Gracias! :smile:
Reply 5781
Original post by gman888
How long you guys wait to hear back after passing first round telephone interview for hsbc markets summer internship?

Next stage is AC...Does passing telephone interview mean you are garaunteed an AC invite?

Got back to me in about 2 hours. Didn't hear about AC for 2 weeks. But no its not guaranteed
Reply 5782
Original post by appsappsapps
If this is for IBD, pm me

Yes IBD. PM'd you
Original post by HAASSC
Got back to me in about 2 hours. Didn't hear about AC for 2 weeks. But no its not guaranteed

Have you had your AC? Have u heard back yet?
Reply 5784
Original post by gman888
Have you had your AC? Have u heard back yet?

Yes & Yes
Original post by Chambers10
Anyone had MS markets first round and heard back? How long did it take for a reply

I had mine last Monday, still waiting to hear back.
Original post by HAASSC
Yes & Yes

Mind telling if it was an offer or rejection?
Does anyone know if it's a good idea to pay back some of the student loan with the money that you earn on the internship? Cause if you get the full time offer with that salary you'll end up being a lot more in interest. Any thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by egdargi
Does anyone know if it's a good idea to pay back some of the student loan with the money that you earn on the internship? Cause if you get the full time offer with that salary you'll end up being a lot more in interest. Any thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I might be really wrong, but tbf I'd spend it on travelling, summer schools, strip clubs etc. after your internship.. Student loans, for me personally, have never been that big a deal and once you've graduated and you're living that IB lifestyle bringing in them ppppp's, i dont think the SFE will put much of a dent in your income. I'd recommend spending that money doing things you wont have the time to do once you're FT :smile:

EDIT: Had a look on UK Salary Calculator, and on a salary of £50k you'd be paying £217.50/month. Make of that what you will loool
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by egdargi

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't bother trying to pay it off and would use some of that money on travelling and saving up for the deposit for the flat you'll be getting after you graduate. London rents are expensive.
I might be really wrong, but tbf I'd spend it on travelling, summer schools, brothels etc. after your internship.. Student loans, for me personally, have never been that big a deal and once you've graduated and you're living that IB lifestyle bringing in them ppppp's, i dont think the SFE will put much of a dent in your income. I'd recommend spending that money doing things you wont have the time to do once you're FT :smile:

EDIT: Had a look on UK Salary Calculator, and on a salary of £50k you'd be paying £217.50/month. Make of that what you will loool

traders go to strip clubs not brothels man!
Original post by gman888
traders go to strip clubs not brothels man!

looool i was just tryna exaggerate my point - i've changed it now you got me all self-conscious!
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi guys,

After an AC, I was told that I performed well but that spaces have been filled up. Do you think it will help my cause if I tell them about other offers?
Original post by seundad
Hi guys,

After an AC, I was told that I performed well but that spaces have been filled up. Do you think it will help my cause if I tell them about other offers?

Why would that help? I highly doubt they would recant another offer to give you a spot.
Original post by seundad
Hi guys,

I feel like it could mean one of two things:

1. Places have been filled up, so there's no space for you regardless of whether or not you have other offers (in this case they'd just be like "well, take those offers then" - i don't think this is a position where you can employ leverage)
2. It's just a rejection and they're trying to let you down gently

The cool thing is that you have other offers, so even if you have been rejected, this isn't the worst situation to be in!
I feel like it could mean one of two things:

1. Places have been filled up, so there's no space for you regardless of whether or not you have other offers (in this case they'd just be like "well, take those offers then" - i don't think this is a position where you can employ leverage)
2. It's just a rejection and they're trying to let you down gently

The cool thing is that you have other offers, so even if you have been rejected, this isn't the worst situation to be in!

My application is still on hold they said, I was thinking maybe they could create extra headcount
Original post by seundad
My application is still on hold they said, I was thinking maybe they could create extra headcount

Mind if i ask for which bank/role this is for? is it for summer or ft?
Original post by seundad
Hi guys,

I have heard of this happening before . Best to be on the early AC's but you don't get to choose. You could ask HR if you on a wait list in case someone renegs or they can't take up the offer.
Original post by egdargi

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah because it gets wiped off anyway when you hit a certain age and you should not really notice it being deducted from your salary. I'd only pay it off early if I received a huge lump sum.

Save it for a housing deposit - you'll need nearly six figures if you're looking to buy in London!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5799
Original post by yl95
Thanks! I had my phone interview on Monday.

Ah that's a nice one! It's been 1.5 month since my phone interview now lol.

Congrats again and good luck for it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending