The Student Room Group

Punishing your children......

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by JGR
I don't agree that having adopted child makes it "much worse", this would be unacceptable regardless of the origin of the boy.

Of course, no child should be put through that, but what I mean is that the child has probably already been through so much by being adopted, and finally when a family decide to take him in he has to endure this.

a better phrase: you could say that by him being adopted, it makes this specific story more upsetting
Reply 41
LOLZ

Kid shouldnt have lied.
Reply 42
What the ****? A smack is nothing compared to what she's putting this kid through. It's mental torture which will scar him. I got smacked and it lasted a second and then the pain went. This is awful. What a ****ed up woman.
Reply 43
Original post by Amuroray
LOLZ

Kid shouldnt have lied.

Emphasis on the word "Kid".

Idiot.
That is so upsetting to watch. When you say he's adopted I imagine he's already had a lot to go through. Adopted kids tend to act out. She doesn't deserve to be a parent.
That's insane.. :lolwut:

I used to get a few slaps every now and again, but wow that woman is taking it WAY too far.
I would of taken a cold shower and hot sauce over a beating ANY day when I was young. Boy that's free lunch and I'm clean after. But seriously I guess it just works for her and her children. I bet you the child didn't pull 3 card the next day.

@people saying OMG it's worse because he's adopted.

NO it's not, in my books you treat an adopted child as your own just as if you conceived them, you don't act in any way different to the normal. If you actual son gets hot sauce your adopted son gets hot sauce regardless. You punish your child because you love them and want them to follow the right path, I'd argue deciding to not punish your adopted child is not loving.
Reply 47
I believe in smacking your children but I don't believe in what this women did., When you get a slap it'd be for something much more serious then this and you get a slap the pain goes and then its over but to put hot sauces in your child's mouth and make them hold it and then to force them to take a cold shower is wrong. Its torture.
That was uncomfortable for me to watch.
Reply 48
Original post by yoyo462001
I would of taken a cold shower and hot sauce over a beating ANY day when I was young. Boy that's free lunch and I'm clean after. But seriously I guess it just works for her and her children. I bet you the child didn't pull 3 card the next day.

@people saying OMG it's worse because he's adopted.

NO it's not, in my books you treat an adopted child as your own just as if you conceived them, you don't act in any way different to the normal. If you actual son gets hot sauce your adopted son gets hot sauce regardless. You punish your child because you love them and want them to follow the right path, I'd argue deciding to not punish your adopted child is not loving.

lol i would prefer the beating. You get it and its done and its proportionate to the crime. Didn't you find that a bit hard to watch?
Oh and I agree with the adoption comment. They are either your child or they aren't you can't treat them differently cus they are adopted if you wanna treat them as if they're you're own.
Original post by aprilterri

Original post by aprilterri
lol i would prefer the beating. You get it and its done and its proportionate to the crime. Didn't you find that a bit hard to watch?
Oh and I agree with the adoption comment. They are either your child or they aren't you can't treat them differently cus they are adopted if you wanna treat them as if they're you're own.

It wasn't easy to watch but then again if it was a video of a kid getting beaten that also wouldn't be easy to watch even though I fully endorse the latter. Personally a beating would make me cry hot sauce and a shower wouldn't, maybe we have different idea of pain :p:
Original post by Torrchy
I would so spit that hot sauce at her... that's abuse! I was seriously crying while watchin this... she obviously fails at parenting... poor little guy will probably remember this forever - if not, he'll have it on the internet... :/

I wonder if he'll develop a hot sauce phobia...or conversely he'll become a champion hot sauce consumer, downing Tabasco will be nothing for him.

Seriously though..although I sometimes think parents can be too soft on children and don't set ground rules enough, like with dogs I suppose, I think she's going way too far, especially considering his age.

I wonder if she has experienced the same punishment, possibly magnified to account for her age and tolerances. It is easy to punish someone in a certain way, hurt someone, torture someone etc, if you haven't actually experienced it yourself. Only when you go through it will you comprehend it's effects on a person.

These things will scar him...he'll grow up to hate her. He is an adopted child, he may not have had the best life as it is and that might explain his acting out at school. Positive support may serve him better.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 51
What the hell is this? I have no problem with a smack (not a walloping), but this is some nasty ****.
A smack last a moment and, yes, the child might continue crying after from shame or upset at making the parent angry, but it's not really pain that upsets the child unless you've gone to far. Prolonged pain/discomfort seems wrong to me and the way she was yelling at him seemed like mental torture that will scar him for a long time.
Clearly the boy has experienced this before, I wonder if he lies again if she will devise new means of torture.
Reply 52
They shouldn't emphasise that she's Mormon tbh. It's not specifically a Mormon thing as they are generally decent folk, it's a crazed-lunatic-who-needs-the-child-removed-from-her thing.
Wow, for once everyone agrees on something!

I'm amazed at how readily she admits to it as well, she's probably proud of her parenting skills. Disgusting lady :frown:
That's shocking!

I wouldn't have the heart to do that to my kid! And he's so little and cute! Discipline should go towards yelling at them... REALY LOUDLY, and that's about it, in my opinion. If you nip it in the bud when they are younger, you have less problems when they are older. My parents never laid a finger on me, they kept me on the straight and narrow by me showing them respect, not being scared of them.

Forget the hot sauce, this woman needs to burn in hell.
Reply 55
What a dumb bitch.

I think we should send in the SAS to give her a beating. I would honestly beat her up if she lived near me. What a low life.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by stargirl63

Original post by stargirl63
That's shocking!

I wouldn't have the heart to do that to my kid! And he's so little and cute! Discipline should go towards yelling at them... REALY LOUDLY, and that's about it, in my opinion. If you nip it in the bud when they are younger, you have less problems when they are older. My parents never laid a finger on me, they kept me on the straight and narrow by me showing them respect, not being scared of them.

Forget the hot sauce, this woman needs to burn in hell.

Do you know what would happen if my mum shouted at me for lying and getting 3 cards? I'd lie and get 4 cards the next day.
Reply 57
Original post by yoyo462001
Do you know what would happen if my mum shouted at me for lying and getting 3 cards? I'd lie and get 4 cards the next day.

What is this "cards" you speak of?
Reply 58
I'll be surprised if the kid doesn't seriously hurt or kill her when he's older. I hope he does, for what she puts him through.
Original post by Adam Ben

Original post by Adam Ben
What is this "cards" you speak of?

If you watched the video you'd understand. I think the boy gets a card for everytime he gets in trouble.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending