The Student Room Group

What kind of Piercing have you got?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Mad Vlad
Just my lip.
Might get an ear done though. Still toying with the idea :smile:

How come most of the time people ahve more piercings on the left side of the ear lol i have 3 on my left lobe and 2 on my right lobe, reason being i show the left side of my face more.
I did my second helix and second lobes myself and it went fine but I got bored of them and don't put them in anymore. I really want my tragus done now but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to pierce that yourself. Has anyone done it?

kwannie
How come most of the time people ahve more piercings on the left side of the ear

Maybe this is just a Belfast thing but here if your piercings on the right rather than the left i.e. with helix/tragus, it's seen as a sign of homosexuality. I know that sounds so ridiculous but that's what everbody says. I think it's quite an old thing though not really our generation who say that. When I got my helix done I know my granny wanted to make sure I didn't get it done 'the gay way' :rolleyes:
i wanna get a scafold but i scared its gonna hurt LOADS!
Reply 43
I'm getting my back redone soon!
7 lobe piercings
2 tragus piercings
1 anti-tragus
rook
conch
navel
nose
cartledge piercing
Midnight_Angel
Did it hurt?

Gotta love that question. :biggrin:

Yes, loads, but I did it without getting numbed first. Get numbed if you're worried about the pain, tis no big deal. :wink:
In order of age:
2 x lobes
1 x lobe orbital
1 x rook
1 x conch
Belly
Cleavage (now gone due to annoying festival incident last year)
Septum
Ears
Belly

Would like more but can't decide on what I want :redface:
Reply 48
Id really like my Tragus pierced: those that have had it done, is it really painful? and how long does it take to heal? I'd like a really small, dainty stud there but I take it you'd have to have a large one to have it pierced?
Reply 49
adverse_reaction
Id really like my Tragus pierced: those that have had it done, is it really painful? and how long does it take to heal? I'd like a really small, dainty stud there but I take it you'd have to have a large one to have it pierced?

I found it to be more like a lot of pressure than pain really, but it's over quickly so it doesn't really matter how much it hurts...a couple of hours later and you'll have forgotten it. And you should be able to get it pierced with a pretty small labret stud or barbell, just ask what the smallest one possible is.
Reply 50
Kate.
I found it to be more like a lot of pressure than pain really, but it's over quickly so it doesn't really matter how much it hurts...a couple of hours later and you'll have forgotten it. And you should be able to get it pierced with a pretty small labret stud or barbell, just ask what the smallest one possible is.

Thanks for the info! I really want it done, been thinking about it for a while, just havent got the guts yet! I already have my ears+ belly button pierced and had 2 upper cartilidge piercings in my ear which I had bad experiences with (I had them both done with an ear piercing gun, stupid I know, and they never healed so I took them out), which has put me off a bit. But obviously I will need to go to a proper piercer this time. Any idea how much it costs?
adverse_reaction
Thanks for the info! I really want it done, been thinking about it for a while, just havent got the guts yet! I already have my ears+ belly button pierced and had 2 upper cartilidge piercings in my ear which I had bad experiences with (I had them both done with an ear piercing gun, stupid I know, and they never healed so I took them out), which has put me off a bit. But obviously I will need to go to a proper piercer this time. Any idea how much it costs?

Should be about £20, but it depends on the place and the jewellery. Minimum will probably be £15, maximum £25. You could go into the piercing studio you plan to get it done at and ask questions about the piercing at the cost with no pressure to do it there and then. Also they will tell you if your tragus is suitable.

An example of an unsuitable tragus would be mine, as it hardly sticks out.
Thanks for the info! I really want it done, been thinking about it for a while, just havent got the guts yet! I already have my ears+ belly button pierced and had 2 upper cartilidge piercings in my ear which I had bad experiences with (I had them both done with an ear piercing gun, stupid I know, and they never healed so I took them out), which has put me off a bit. But obviously I will need to go to a proper piercer this time. Any idea how much it costs

yeh there usually about £20 - because it is done with a needle so it makes it more expensive.
i found mine quite uncomfortable when i was having it done because its quite a sensitive area - but out of all my piercings (naval, 2 in lobes, 2 in cartilidge) i have to say it is my favourite. ive got a small hoop in mine and looks really pretty.
the pain is different for every1. for me i found it hurt more than gettin my tattoo, whilst my other friend felt no pain at all
Reply 53
One in each ear - that is all.

I did have another set in my ears and one in my belly button - both of which got infected. Yich.
I've got five lobe piercings and my tragus done in my left ear, and seven along my ear in my right, although the top two have kind of closed up :mad: I'm not sure if they'll ever heal properly though; I read somewhere that upper piercings never do? I can't decide whether to get another four done in my right ear, or get my rook done instead - but I think it'd be too much if I got it all done... Anyone had their rook done? What's it like?
Reply 55
epidode4
I've got five lobe piercings and my tragus done in my left ear, and seven along my ear in my right, although the top two have kind of closed up :mad: I'm not sure if they'll ever heal properly though; I read somewhere that upper piercings never do? I can't decide whether to get another four done in my right ear, or get my rook done instead - but I think it'd be too much if I got it all done... Anyone had their rook done? What's it like?

Bloody awful to heal. Haha. Mine is, anyway. I have crap luck with piercings though. Had similar problems with my tragus but it suddenly completely healed at around 6 months so I'm hoping for the same thing with my rook.

It's quite painful...well, it hurt me a bit more than my tragus maybe. Not unbearable.

Get it done with a barbell if you do go for it, CBRs are annoying. I wish I got mine done with a barbell now. At the moment I'm finding it impossible to change myself - it's such an awkward place! - and can't afford to go to a piercer and buy a barbell for them to change it to. =/
Kate.
Bloody awful to heal. Haha. Mine is, anyway. I have crap luck with piercings though. Had similar problems with my tragus but it suddenly completely healed at around 6 months so I'm hoping for the same thing with my rook.

It's quite painful...well, it hurt me a bit more than my tragus maybe. Not unbearable.

Get it done with a barbell if you do go for it, CBRs are annoying. I wish I got mine done with a barbell now. At the moment I'm finding it impossible to change myself - it's such an awkward place! - and can't afford to go to a piercer and buy a barbell for them to change it to. =/

Ah, I thought it might be... One of my friends has got hers done, got it done about a year ago and it's only just starting to heal now. I can't decide if I should get it done or not... My tragus was absolutely fine, I don't think it hurt much more than any of my other piercings - but my other ones are always causing me problems! I do love them though! :rolleyes:
Reply 57
need_money
None. :smile: I don't like piercings. Won't even get my ears done :redface:

me too.

i think they are pretty vile.. especially the ones which are stretched in your ear... eugh. (sorry to those who have them :smile: )
epidode4
Ah, I thought it might be... One of my friends has got hers done, got it done about a year ago and it's only just starting to heal now. I can't decide if I should get it done or not... My tragus was absolutely fine, I don't think it hurt much more than any of my other piercings - but my other ones are always causing me problems! I do love them though! :rolleyes:

The pain wasn't at all bad with my rook, but it was annoying to sleep on as I had a BCR. I sortof conditioned myself into sleeping with my ear in the crook of my arm. After this it healed fine, after around 6 months or so I think. It was a nightmare trying to open the cbr and change it for a barbell as it's so tiny...even now I can't screw on the bottom ball of a microbarbell coz my ears are tiiiiny!
A rook piercing can be kind of tricky and frustrating to heal. I got mine done in December and it was probably 3 months before I could fully rest that part of my ear on the pillow when I slept. I managed to find a different sleeping position so I wasn't resting on the piercing, however I'd sometimes wake up with it sore cos I had shifted around during the night & irritated it.

4 1/2 months since it was pierced and I no longer have any pain or problems. Just wanted to warn people that this piercing requires a bit of commitment & patience!

Quick Reply

Latest