Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by languagenerd)
    It's cool you guys are going on the trip you wanted I'm going on the other one, 11th-25th to Brandenburg, is anyone else? Also, glad your exam went well - I have my first oral next Friday, aaah!
    Hiya! My friend from school is going on the 11th-25th trip, were both a bit nervous now as w're hoping to be on the same one! Bit nervewracking! Aargh good luck I'm sure it'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yeah it doesn't matter that we won't know anyone, we'll all make friends (I hope!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N3rdbu)
    yeah it doesn't matter that we won't know anyone, we'll all make friends (I hope!)
    Haha yeah I hope so too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the exam? Also... Did anyone else get an email about a forum today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stanners95)
    How did everyone find the exam? Also... Did anyone else get an email about a forum today?
    Found it alright I think! Grammar section was a little tougher than usual and pretty sure I mucked up my essay but listening and reading was okay I hope! Are you on AQA? I did the alcohol question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgenmuffel96)
    Found it alright I think! Grammar section was a little tougher than usual and pretty sure I mucked up my essay but listening and reading was okay I hope! Are you on AQA? I did the alcohol question

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, AQA. I also did the alcohol essay and i thought it was fairly straightforward... much better than the marriage one. The only thing it I didn't mention anything to do with "Alkohol ist die schlimmste Droge". The listening was quite tricky. Luckily my oral wasn't too bad yesterday so I think I did quite well on the whole

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, AQA. I also did the alcohol essay and i thought it was fairly straightforward... much better than the marriage one. The only thing it I didn't mention anything to do with "Alkohol ist die schlimmste Droge". The listening was quite tricky. Luckily my oral wasn't too bad yesterday so I think I did quite well on the whole
    What points did you make? I found the exercise about the ski villages a little strange! And I'm sure you have, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What points did you make? I found the exercise about the ski villages a little strange! And I'm sure you have, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, I completely forgot about cheap booze... but I made the following points:

Paragraph 1) Alcohol is dangerous
    Paragraph 2) More people are becoming addicted, and their relationships with people suffer as a result
    Paragraph 3) Only a small minority of people actually abuse alcohol
    Paragraph 4) We should have the freedom to drink and do unhealthy things should we want to.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I completely forgot about cheap booze... but I made the following points:

Paragraph 1) Alcohol is dangerous
    Paragraph 2) More people are becoming addicted, and their relationships with people suffer as a result
    Paragraph 3) Only a small minority of people actually abuse alcohol
    Paragraph 4) We should have the freedom to drink and do unhealthy things should we want to.
    Those are really good points haha I think I just put i agreed with the statement and talked about how accessible alcohol is, and then how people are influenced more to drink than to do other drugs, and about how the effects of over consumption are essentially worse because they're more wide spread then I did a paragraph agreeing with the stricter control of alcohol and mentioned that prices should be increased, although I'm not sure how relevant that was!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Those are really good points haha I think I just put i agreed with the statement and talked about how accessible alcohol is, and then how people are influenced more to drink than to do other drugs, and about how the effects of over consumption are essentially worse because they're more wide spread then I did a paragraph agreeing with the stricter control of alcohol and mentioned that prices should be increased, although I'm not sure how relevant that was!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's really relevant, I'm surprised it just never popped into my head... it's that obvious I dunno whether my German was any good though Also, I never engaged with the statement about drugs, dya reckon I'll be punished for it?

ReputationRep:
    That's really relevant, I'm surprised it just never popped into my head... it's that obvious I dunno whether my German was any good though Also, I never engaged with the statement about drugs, dya reckon I'll be punished for it?
    Oh god same, I didn't feel like my German was at a high enough level :') and nah it should be fine, as long as you said why it was bad or good then you're answering the question, cos all it asked for was a reaction to the idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.