The Student Room Group

AQA FP1 Further Pure 1 17th May 2013 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Math12345
The quadratic was 24x^2+81x-146=0

Hurrah :-)
Reply 41
I got that too. Did anyone think that was the hardest FP1 paper out of all the May/June exams?
Reply 42
Original post by FPSMaestro
I got that too. Did anyone think that was the hardest FP1 paper out of all the May/June exams?

I thought it was quite hard. Just thought aswell - there were no conics questions at all! I spent ages getting my head round that!
Reply 43

Without doubt, so far none of my maths exams have been "nice" papers. FML :frown:
Original post by Vernish
Ah, yes, that would make sense - I think I got -81x too. And perhaps 146?

yeah thats right. do u think I'll get the mark for having a multiple :frown:
Reply 45
I feel as though everything I attempted I got right (apart from 1 mark on the first matrix question). So I'm looking at around 55/75 unfortunately (wanted an A). Got D1 next Friday and then S2B in June. Need that A in Further Maths AS!
k=-27?
Reply 47
Original post by Math12345
k=-27?

Yep I got that
Reply 48
Yep I got that

And me.

Original post by appleuae123
yeah thats right. do u think I'll get the mark for having a multiple :frown:

Yeah, I think so. :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by The Monk
Without doubt, so far none of my maths exams have been "nice" papers. FML :frown:

yup i found this one a lot harder than the past papers :frown:
Reply 50
I got something like 8x^2 + 27x - 70 = 0 for the alpha and beta question :frown: How many marks will i lose? Think I got the sum correct just not the products
Reply 51
Original post by Vernish
Ah, yes, that would make sense - I think I got -81x too. And perhaps 146?

Great! I got that too, unfortunately I forgot if I put -146 or 146 since I was rushing the paper due to lack of time.
Reply 52

Yes.

this was definitely a very hard paper, hopefully the boundaries will be better than jan 2013.

Hopefully.

I feel as though everything I attempted I got right (apart from 1 mark on the first matrix question). So I'm looking at around 55/75 unfortunately (wanted an A). Got D1 next Friday and then S2B in June. Need that A in Further Maths AS!

What are your other maths grades like? Just wondering so I can compare the difficulty of FP1, thanks!

What did everyone else get for the complex number question, finding the value of z?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 53
Yeah guys I just attempted the roots question again- the correct solution is 24x^2+81x-146=0 :frown: I made the silliest of mistakes fml

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did everyone else get for the complex number question, finding the value of z?

i got y=2/3 and x=1/3
Reply 55
How many marks was the summation question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Also how do you do the (z-2)* question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by AlanDu
Yes.

Hopefully.

What are your other maths grades like? Just wondering so I can compare the difficulty of FP1, thanks!

I already have an A in Maths A-Level (480+ UMS) but I still need an A in Further Maths AS so ideally I need A's in FP1, D1 and S2B. So far I have 75/100 in FP1 (and judging from today's paper not sure I've improved it - I think I got around a 55/75 today). So I need to ace D1 (it's possible) which leaves me needing a borderline A in S2B!
Reply 58

i got y=2/3 and x=1/3

YES, I feel so much better about my FP1 exam, even though it was the HARDEST mathematics exam paper I have done ever since leaving my mother's womb.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 59
What did you guys get for the last question's stationary point? I got (1,0) for the stationary point. I definitely think this exam was much harder than all the others. I really hope the grade boundaries are low...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending