Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Apple or android? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you prefer Apples or androids?
    Apple
    30.99%
    Android
    69.01%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    Tbf nexus 5 battery life was appaling so not that surprising. Not sure i could go back to the restrictiveness of ios though
    My S6 is worse. Lasts about 2.5 hours but my N5 would cross 4 to 4.5 with a custom kernel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daimonos)
    http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartpho...rket-share.jsp

Android has 80% global market share
    Most people I know, particularly young people, have Apple products so I was basing my comment from that fact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    My S6 is worse. Lasts about 2.5 hours but my N5 would cross 4 to 4.5 with a custom kernel
    2.5sot or literally 2.5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackdiamond97)
    Most people I know, particularly young people, have Apple products so I was basing my comment from that fact
    Well at least now you have first hand experience not to reach conclusions based on anecdotal evidence.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by u.sha)
    Do you prefer Apple products or androids?
    Apple

ReputationRep:
    Personally I prefer Android. I really don't get why people prefer Apple... They're not exactly flexible and can't really do as much. Like, if you get an Apple product, then you can only use it with other Apple products which is really annoying. E.g. I recently found out that you can't connect with other phones via Bluetooth unless both phones are iPhones. Dayumnn... OK so perhaps Bluetooth may have died out recently but this is just one example. But then again ngl, they do look way cooler xD If only they were just more compatible!!

ReputationRep:
    2.5sot or literally 2.5?
    SOT on mobile Internet. Lol, literally 2.5 would make it a ripoff 😂

What are you using right now?

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe android is leading the way.....

In the society we have today, apple is seen as something of higher standard than android.....
    That's my opinion...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Oh and let's not start on android emojis, they're tragic.
    lmaoooooo true xD
    Apple emojis are essential.

ReputationRep:
    SOT on mobile Internet. Lol, literally 2.5 would make it a ripoff 😂

What are you using right now?
    g4, my sot is similar lol. At least i have a fast charger

ReputationRep:
    g4, my sot is similar lol. At least i have a fast charger
    Same :five: couldn't live without that 45 min charging time. I was considering either through G4 or the S6 funnily enough.

I don't get why Android manufacturers make phones thinner and thinner when all I want is a thicker battery. Looks like Samsung took a step in the right direction with the S7 in terms of battery life

ReputationRep:
    Same :five: couldn't live without that 45 min charging time. I was considering either through G4 or the S6 funnily enough.

I don't get why Android manufacturers make phones thinner and thinner when all I want is a thicker battery. Looks like Samsung took a step in the right direction with the S7 in terms of battery life
    Yeah by the sounds of it the s7 (especially the edge) have great battery life. Yeah its kind of annoying, i mean my screen is nice and all but id happily have a hd one and better battery life. At least if i need to i can buy another battery and swap them or even buy an extended battery case but i havent had to do that yet

ReputationRep:
    2.5 hours :eek:

ReputationRep:
    apple as i can afford it but a do like the recent samsung s6 and the new s7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daimonos)
    Well at least now you have first hand experience not to reach conclusions based on anecdotal evidence.
    No need to be that condescending...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Definitely a big fan of Apple products to be honest!

To the extent that although I don't particularly like the design of the Smart Case, I'm still getting it just because...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by u.sha)
    Do you prefer Apple products or androids?
    Personally, I prefer to use android. They're much easier to customize and easier to locate if you end up losing your android device. I've not lost mine (so far) but it's still a useful backup in case you do lose it. Getting music onto android is also much easier to do than with apple.

ReputationRep:
    I have an iPhone rn and I honestly still prefer android, a phone I had 3 years ago that cost half the price of this phone and could do more or less everything the same, not worth the money imo

ReputationRep:
    Ive only ever had android phones (because all i need is a cheap one as i dont speak to anyone).
    Ive owned (and still do own) both an ipad and an androis tablet.
    Ive had two ipads (1st gen and Air 2) and both work perfectly still!
    One of my android tablets is new so it works whereas the other one has the same specs as an ipad yet barely worked.

Apple FTW!! Cant fault their products (just make them a littlw cheaper!!)

ReputationRep:
    I used to like Andriod, but the software becomes too slow when you've got loads of stuff in your phone. I've gotten an iPhone recently and I am really happy with it, it runs smoothly and has a better security system than Android.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.