The Student Room Group

Getting a nose job at 16?

Scroll to see replies

If you have a nose job, how long until you find something else wrong with your body or face? People who get surgery become addicted to that **** and want to keep correcting one part or the other of their body until they end up looking like a zombie :lol: Plus, it could go wrong so there's that. Just focus on your GCSE's fam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by stop888
If you have a nose job, how long until you find something else wrong with your body or face? People who get surgery become addicted to that **** and want to keep correcting one part or the other of their body until they end up looking like a zombie :lol: Plus, it could go wrong so there's that. Just focus on your GCSE's fam

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know it's true because these two 22 year old's have had a few surgeries done in such a small amount of time which is scary.
Original post by mero22
I feel self concious amount my nose even though people tell me my nose looks fine.

Chances are it probably does look fine.

16 is far too young to be considering surgery. You need to wait until you're a bit older and even then I wouldn't recommend it. Have a good long think about it and remember - surgery is irreversible. Sure, you can have ops to improve your appearance if the first op was botched, but it's highly likely that this will just worsen it even more. I'm sure you've seen all those photos of celebs who have had surgery and just look completely awful now.

If you really are insecure, I don't believe surgery is the answer - will you really be happy if you 'fix' your nose, or will you just look for more and more 'flaws' in a never-ending cycle? This is why you need to learn to love what you've got so you can break the destructive cycle rather than perpetuating it via indulging your insecurities.
Original post by mero22
I know it's true because these two 22 year old's have had a few surgeries done in such a small amount of time which is scary.

Exactly. Such huge waste of money too.
Reply 44
Original post by connieiscrazy
Chances are it probably does look fine.

16 is far too young to be considering surgery. You need to wait until you're a bit older and even then I wouldn't recommend it. Have a good long think about it and remember - surgery is irreversible. Sure, you can have ops to improve your appearance if the first op was botched, but it's highly likely that this will just worsen it even more. I'm sure you've seen all those photos of celebs who have had surgery and just look completely awful now.

If you really are insecure, I don't believe surgery is the answer - will you really be happy if you 'fix' your nose, or will you just look for more and more 'flaws' in a never-ending cycle? This is why you need to learn to love what you've got so you can break the destructive cycle rather than perpetuating it via indulging your insecurities.

Thanks for the advice:smile:

I do love myself, i've tried to love my nose but it really hasn't worked out well for me.Yeah surgery is my last option.
I know Megan Fox looked fine when she got a nose job but then she started to get more and more done to maintain her transformers look, so many people have criticised how she looks now.
Original post by eden3
It really upsets that you feel that way. Listen I've been there before especially when I was around your age, because my nose is REALLY big and crooked (been hit in the nose many times lol). And I was bullied throughout school as a result of my appearance, by both boys AND girls. Yet here I am today, finally accepting myself and I wouldn't change a thing about how I look. It makes me, me. So if I can be happy without getting a nose job then surely so can you.

I cannot stress how naive and young you are - your attitudes will definitely change over the next few years, there's so many more important things to focus on rather than your ****ing nose lol. Yes people will generally think you're superficial because you're altering your physical appearance just to gain the acceptance of others (which is the real subconscious reason you want to get a nose job, even if you aren't willing to admit that).

All I ask is that you wait a few years before you rush into a decision honestly. There's so much more important **** to stress out about lol. Like I said it's up to you at the end of the day, but don't expect to find new self-confidence & high self-esteem as a result of it. I'm just giving you a heads-up.

This!
Reply 46
Original post by Vicky628
Your nose probably is fine, people would not lie about it:h: so don't worry' and definitely don't do anything permanent that you would regret!

Thanks:smile: I've thought about for a very long time and I don't wan't to regret it because I will be very, very upset.
I don't think 16 is a good age to get any plastic surgery but I don't think there should be any stigma around it if you do decide to get it later on in life. At the end of the day it's your decision and if it's something you still think about in years to come then I don't see anything wrong with it.
hey what i generally say is wait a bit and you will change your mind.

I have a friend who looks a bit like the bird in up, but she's beautiful in a really unique way. Look at people like erin o'connor - It's sounds cheesey but your nose actually has a bit of character. For all i know eriin could be a clutz, but her nose makes her look graceful.

Also think about this. you can get lip fillers, boob jobs, forehead botox, and you could still be really recognisable, but the nose is so obvious because it is bang in the centre of your face. Even after the nose job, you will be self conscious - probably wondering if people will/have noticed, or comparing it to your old nose

and lastly, if you have a really distinctive nose or one of those "family noses" it is likely that if you have kids in the future they will have that same nose. IF they notice yours is drastically different they could be like "wtf is my nose so unique" or ! i'm going to get a nose job too", and as a kid you shouldn't worry about that if you can avoid it. My friend used to say that, when she was like 12 because her mum had her nose and then had a nose job, but she finally realised her nose was fine. My other friend was like " omg all this time i thought my mums boobs were real and it turns out she had them done. I thought i was going to have amazing boobs. I'm going to get one now." the literal quote
hey what i generally say is wait a bit and you will change your mind.

I have a friend who looks a bit like the bird in up, but she's beautiful in a really unique way. Look at people like erin o'connor - It's sounds cheesey but your nose actually has a bit of character. For all i know eriin could be a clutz, but her nose makes her look graceful.

Also think about this. you can get lip fillers, boob jobs, forehead botox, and you could still be really recognisable, but the nose is so obvious because it is bang in the centre of your face. Even after the nose job, you will be self conscious - probably wondering if people will/have noticed, or comparing it to your old nose

and lastly, if you have a really distinctive nose or one of those "family noses" it is likely that if you have kids in the future they will have that same nose. IF they notice yours is drastically different they could be like "wtf is my nose so unique" or ! i'm going to get a nose job too", and as a kid you shouldn't worry about that if you can avoid it. My friend used to say that, when she was like 12 because her mum had her nose and then had a nose job, but she finally realised her nose was fine. My other friend was like " omg all this time i thought my mums boobs were real and it turns out she had them done. I thought i was going to have amazing boobs. I'm going to get mine done now." the literal quote
I had a rhinoplasty done aged twenty-three. I'd wished to have it done my entire life and always felt self-conscious before then. It took years to save up to have it done.

There was no way I could've afforded it at sixteen as was still a student. My parents were rich, but stingy and so would never have entertained the idea of paying for this.

As someone who's done it, it was one of the best things I ever did!!!
(Original post by Vanessa123456)do you think you would have done it at 16 if you could have
Original post by Wibble199p
I had a rhinoplasty done aged twenty-three. I'd wished to have it done my entire life and always felt self-conscious before then. It took years to save up to have it done.

There was no way I could've afforded it at sixteen as was still a student. My parents were rich, but stingy and so would never have entertained the idea of paying for this.

As someone who's done it, it was one of the best things I ever did!!!

Quick Reply

Latest