The Student Room Group

help! can my teacher do this?

i recently got a nose job after many many years of hating my nose, and i cannot be more happy and excited!! im so pleased with the result so far, but i still have my taped bandage on and my eyes are a bit swollen and bruised, it does hurt whenever i turn my head suddenly or whenever my face skin moves fast, but overall i am fine.

i got my nose done during a college break, because i was aware of the heal time and surgery checkups, so my college took a 4 week break and i decided it was a good time to finally get it done, i booked and everything on the first week, and was able to get it done that same week, and it gave me 3 weeks to heal until they took my cast off, and in theory id be all good to have a new nose by the time college started up again.

after the 4 weeks pass, i get my cast taken off and currently i have a taped bandage on, and its been fine in college so far, ive had no issues. but suddenly my teacher starts making some snarky comments about me getting plastic surgery, by saying things like „embrace your natural beauty, and if you dont have it, then you should at least be smart, but you cant be neither“ „instead of wasting money on cosmetics, buy some study materials“ and ive told her that as much as i appreciate her advice, i had to do this for me to be comfortable in myself and i am super happy with it.

but recently there was a new mandatory dodgeball game added to our lesson plan, she had added it, and it was not part of our course, and if we dont do it, she threatened to drop our grade.

ive explained to her that i could get really badly injured if the ball hits my face, and she just says „well you shouldve thought about that before getting your nose done“ and things like „well thats your fault then“.

i have told my mother about this, and shes reported the teacher to the people in charge, but they just send back saying they support my teachers decision and that if i dont participate in the matches then i will be dropped even lower or kicked off my course.

which is so weird, because my course is on graphic design and fashion, nothing to do with sport at all!!!

can she do this? or should i just drop out
Original post by Anonymous #1
i recently got a nose job after many many years of hating my nose, and i cannot be more happy and excited!! im so pleased with the result so far, but i still have my taped bandage on and my eyes are a bit swollen and bruised, it does hurt whenever i turn my head suddenly or whenever my face skin moves fast, but overall i am fine.
i got my nose done during a college break, because i was aware of the heal time and surgery checkups, so my college took a 4 week break and i decided it was a good time to finally get it done, i booked and everything on the first week, and was able to get it done that same week, and it gave me 3 weeks to heal until they took my cast off, and in theory id be all good to have a new nose by the time college started up again.
after the 4 weeks pass, i get my cast taken off and currently i have a taped bandage on, and its been fine in college so far, ive had no issues. but suddenly my teacher starts making some snarky comments about me getting plastic surgery, by saying things like „embrace your natural beauty, and if you dont have it, then you should at least be smart, but you cant be neither“ „instead of wasting money on cosmetics, buy some study materials“ and ive told her that as much as i appreciate her advice, i had to do this for me to be comfortable in myself and i am super happy with it.
but recently there was a new mandatory dodgeball game added to our lesson plan, she had added it, and it was not part of our course, and if we dont do it, she threatened to drop our grade.
ive explained to her that i could get really badly injured if the ball hits my face, and she just says „well you shouldve thought about that before getting your nose done“ and things like „well thats your fault then“.
i have told my mother about this, and shes reported the teacher to the people in charge, but they just send back saying they support my teachers decision and that if i dont participate in the matches then i will be dropped even lower or kicked off my course.
which is so weird, because my course is on graphic design and fashion, nothing to do with sport at all!!!
can she do this? or should i just drop out
Your school has a duty of care which they are breaching by acting in this fashion. You and your parents need to meet he head teacher and explain this and then follow up with a letter. They are acting in an unreasonable fashion. If you get hurt then the school will be liable as its reasonably foreseeable that playing a contact sport after recovering from surgery irrespective of why the surgery took place, can lead to injury. I would have the meeting and have a lawyer send a follow up letter.
This sounds made up tbh - it's a bit outlandish for a teacher to publicly start bullying a student over their appearance, for the whole staff to show such disregard for a healing injury, and you don't seem able to make your mind up if you're at school or college... you talk about college and the course you took, but you also keep talking of teachers and mandatory PE which are for school pupils.

I'm not calling you a liar, just telling you how it sounds.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 3
Original post by StriderHort
This sounds made up tbh - it's a bit outlandish for a teacher to publicly start bullying a student over their appearance, for the whole staff to show such disregard for a healing injury, and you don't seem able to make your mind up if you're at school or college... you talk about college and the course you took, but you also keep talking of teachers and mandatory PE which are for school pupils.
I'm not calling you a liar, just telling you how it sounds.

i am at college, but we have a mandatory PE session here, its to keep students healthy and moving, ive had teachers bullying before, its nothing new, im not sure why they are doing what they are doing but im just seeking advice 🤷🏻*♀️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending