The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I do: Relationships, Aggression Eating behaviour + schizophrenia.
Reply 621
Original post by xxsv
predictions for each unit?

Go on the loopa website, they are up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh thanks. I had seen that video actually and they are helpful. Have you seen these ones for Aggression (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqxCv4wsktn_mGVd9bc_xbopXysmB0rDI) and Eating (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqxCv4wsktn9fCTo_3v6eGVPbbpFJpVtN)? they are also good.
Can somebody outline what I should really be including in each point to get the full marks?
I know the knowledge of each points but I really don't know how to make it work in the essays and my teachers are far from helpful.
hey :-) anyone got any predictions for PSYA4? also does anyone have any research methods notes? feel like I've forgotten RM which is really worrying.. thanks & good luck everyone
Original post by yeoyeo123
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!! For aggression, I am getting so mixed up with the essays: evolutionary explanations for group displays and evolutionary explanations for infidelity and jealousy.
Are convergence and emergent norm theory evolutionary? The textbook has a page on group display but does not say evolutionary yet has a separate page for evolutionary but not on GROUP display..........
so would these points be relevant for the essay?

fml

Group displays of aggression and infidelity and jealousy are the 2 explanations you need to know about that come under the evolutionary explanation theory.

Hope this helps!
Hey everyone, just wondering how long it takes you all to learn your essays because I haven't started to learn any yet (been focusing on history too much I think) but I've got all my essays written? Any help would be appreciated as I'm scared I won't learn them all in time 😩
Reply 627
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
Hey everyone, just wondering how long it takes you all to learn your essays because I haven't started to learn any yet (been focusing on history too much I think) but I've got all my essays written? Any help would be appreciated as I'm scared I won't learn them all in time 😩

I haven't really started either, but for my mocks i took about 2/3 hours to learn the essay and about another 2 to practice writing it over and over. I'm planning to learn 2 a day starting from next week :frown:
Original post by f_p38
I haven't really started either, but for my mocks i took about 2/3 hours to learn the essay and about another 2 to practice writing it over and over. I'm planning to learn 2 a day starting from next week :frown:

That sounds like a good plan, hopefully I can stick to something similar and should be ok in time for our exams:smile:
Reply 629
i'm revising by just memorising essays as that's what everyone else seems to be doing, but is it really that realistic to be able to remember 30+ essays? Is it just me who thinks that's a tad much? If not, then how is everyone managing to remember them all in the time we have left before the exam?:afraid:
Original post by evekay
i'm revising by just memorising essays as that's what everyone else seems to be doing, but is it really that realistic to be able to remember 30+ essays? Is it just me who thinks that's a tad much? If not, then how is everyone managing to remember them all in the time we have left before the exam?:afraid:

I'm not memorising them all word for word. Instead I've put the essay into bullet points, as I found it easier remember it that way, then I'm just rewriting over and over again till I remember it all :smile: I'm a bit worried too about whether I'll remember them all in the time we have left
Reply 631
Original post by jessbuss97
I'm not memorising them all word for word. Instead I've put the essay into bullet points, as I found it easier remember it that way, then I'm just rewriting over and over again till I remember it all :smile: I'm a bit worried too about whether I'll remember them all in the time we have left

that's a good idea tbh, i'll probably do that! I've been looking up how people have done it in the past and basically they said that they'll right the essay then make a plan from the essay and remember the plan? I'm thinking I might do that but have a few key words from each paragraph that might jog my memory and then memorise that... I'm still in the process of writing the essays but i'm managing to get a few done a day so hopefully they'll be done in a few days..:colondollar:
Original post by evekay
that's a good idea tbh, i'll probably do that! I've been looking up how people have done it in the past and basically they said that they'll right the essay then make a plan from the essay and remember the plan? I'm thinking I might do that but have a few key words from each paragraph that might jog my memory and then memorise that... I'm still in the process of writing the essays but i'm managing to get a few done a day so hopefully they'll be done in a few days..:colondollar:

That's a good idea :smile: yeah I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to learn them then!
How much evaluation should I put in my Essay, like how many points?
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Im in the same situation and also been focusing on biology although ive nearly finished f214 and started f215 and finished the cellular control bit just have a few pages left.

We have 4-5 weeks for both exams which is enough time imo to memorize the essays. I think theres a maximum of 30 essays for the first unit and the second for my case around 6-7 each making 12. bearing in mind the second unit is shorter in terms of essay and less to revise because you have research methods which imo is easy as long as you revise the chi squared man whitney u tests etc.

Do we actually Need to know how to do those tests
Reply 635
Original post by Marli-Ruth

we don't need to know how to do them, dont worry haha! I used to think we did too... but we have to know which one to use depending on the hypothesis and the type of experiment if that makes sense?

I've made flashcards to remember them but i haven't even started learning them yet..:colondollar:
Original post by Marli-Ruth

Im pretty sure we have to know about them and based off actual past papers ive had to calculate whether its significant whether it accepts or rejects null hypothesis. I dont think we need to know how to calculate them as such as often if we do its more of just reading off the table.
Reply 637
Original post by evekay

30+?! i've got 19 in total for PSYA3
Does anyone have sleep revision notes? :smile:
Original post by evekay
we don't need to know how to do them, dont worry haha! I used to think we did too... but we have to know which one to use depending on the hypothesis and the type of experiment if that makes sense?

I've made flashcards to remember them but i haven't even started learning them yet..:colondollar:

Thank God! :biggrin:
I haven't even finished unit 3 yet :frown:
Been focused on my other subjects

Latest

Trending

Trending