The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
if exe^{x} = u- 1

then does e2xe^{2x} = (u1)2(u-1)^2 ?

abit confused :o:
Reply 641
My Alt
You can choose with the two. You can divide by it, or leave it, you will still get the same answer.

Ah, okay! Thank you so much :smile:
fn_101
But in the mark scheme it says you leave the 2 up and integrate with respect to dt, so get 2t + c. Can you do it either way then?

Yeah, it's the same. Sorry, I thought you said 'what if the 2 isn't attached'.
Reply 643
candle
if exe^{x} = u- 1

I tentativly say "yes." You have squared both sides correctly, but you must remember that when squaring you create extra solutions. The second statement implies that e2xe^{2x} is equal to positive u-1 and negative u-1. So be careful!
Reply 644
candle
if exe^{x} = u- 1

yes... =) e2xe^{2x} is same as saying x2x^2 if exe^{x} is xx =)
I'm going in for last minute prep work now so I hope it's a nice paper today.

Lest we all achieve our true potential :biggrin: *signs out
Leaving for the exam venue now. Best of luck guys.
Reply 647
Waterstorm
Yeah, it's the same. Sorry, I thought you said 'what if the 2 isn't attached'.

No problem - thank you so much for your help :smile:
Reply 648
can anyone tell me the formulas i need to know for connected rates of change?

because at times for exam, it asks for u have to work out Area of sphere, cone ... will the formula for their areas and volumes be given in exam or do u have to know them? if so, which ones!?
Reply 649
ok thanks ,
I am very scared I dont expect too much just a c will be fine but i hope i dont do mistakes on the questions that I can do so I get full marks on them but I will try to atleast attempt most of them.

Good luck everyone.
Reply 650
gd luck jacob...let me knw how it goes after

candle same here i need a high c or a b to get a b overall....arghh gd luck rest of you.
Ahhhh it's approaching, the thing im so scared about is all these past papers could be pointless if they just word those questions in a hard way!

I really hope they give us a differential one instead of a shape and asking us to show that something is something! :P
bnasir
can anyone tell me the formulas i need to know for connected rates of change?

because at times for exam, it asks for u have to work out Area of sphere, cone ... will the formula for their areas and volumes be given in exam or do u have to know them? if so, which ones!?

The volume for anything that's a pyramid-kinda shape, like cones, is always 1/3 times the area of the base times their height. It's always 1/3.
how would u go about duin jan 09 Q5???
Reply 654
mathslover786
how would u go about duin jan 09 Q5???

easy, first u differentiate it it with respect to x. so use implicit differentiation.

then to find the y value, plus x into the original equation to find coordinates.

and for part b plus in both y and x values into the differentiated equation to find your gradient.

woops sorry that jan 08 lol...ill have a look...

argh why have u given me a rates of change question! lolz

ask the alt! lolz sorry
Reply 655
thxs waterstrom...

btw how do u prove that two vectors are skew?
Kaz310
easy, first u differentiate it it with respect to x. so use implicit differentiation.

then to find the y value, plus x into the original equation to find coordinates.

and for part b plus in both y and x values into the differentiated equation to find your gradient.

woops sorry that jan 08 lol...ill have a look...

argh why have u given me a rates of change question! lolz

ask the alt! lolz sorry

you are on about a totally different question...
help me lord! :facepalm:
milan5baros
help me lord! :facepalm:

help us all.....:eek3:
i'm off to school now guys - good luck everyone
:smile:

Hope its not too bad and we all get the grades we need.
:yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending