The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by phoebecushion
For addiction how do you answer those stem questions with a scenario about risk factors? Do you include any studies or anything or literally just identify the risk factors in relation to the stem because for ten marks that doesn't seem a lot?

Identify the risk factors in the given scenario and include some studies that are relevant to it :smile:
Original post by GNHD
Identify the risk factors in the given scenario and include some studies that are relevant to it :smile:

Thank you:smile:
Original post by ombbk
Can someone please help me with culture essay in relationships? How do I bring in IDA bc I don't really understand what the main line of argument is with this essay??

Reductionism.
How would I answer a question like How do you eliminate extraneous variables?
Reply 664
How's everyone revising for this exam?
I feel like this is all just rote learning I can't think of one good reason for choosing Psychology as a subject..it was so easy at AS and honestly the content was more interesting
I do Gender, Relationships and Aggression for PSYA3 and Schizophrenia and Media Psychology for PSYA4. I had a really good teacher for AS and got an A but have had 4/5 different teachers this year so my knowledge of the course is pretty much off my own (or the dog book & Loopa's) back. As time is getting limited, I'm thinking of only focusing on the most likely essays for PSAY3 - do you guys think that's overly risky or a safe bet? I know this course is ending this year, does that effect question predictions?

Also, if anyone wants to swap notes I have an extensive set for my topics but could also use other peoples to top up my A02/3.
Original post by grunday
I do Gender, Relationships and Aggression for PSYA3 and Schizophrenia and Media Psychology for PSYA4. I had a really good teacher for AS and got an A but have had 4/5 different teachers this year so my knowledge of the course is pretty much off my own (or the dog book & Loopa's) back. As time is getting limited, I'm thinking of only focusing on the most likely essays for PSAY3 - do you guys think that's overly risky or a safe bet? I know this course is ending this year, does that effect question predictions?

Also, if anyone wants to swap notes I have an extensive set for my topics but could also use other peoples to top up my A02/3.

I've only learnt two essays so I'm hedging my bets at the moment! I'm not learning last years essays and learning the loopa predictions in more detail although I am learning all of the just To be sure. Instead of learning my essays I'm thinking of learning the points and the studies and then just wording them in the exam because learning them word for word seems like a waste of time given that I have other subjects to revise for aswell
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
I've only learnt two essays so I'm hedging my bets at the moment! I'm not learning last years essays and learning the loopa predictions in more detail although I am learning all of the just To be sure. Instead of learning my essays I'm thinking of learning the points and the studies and then just wording them in the exam because learning them word for word seems like a waste of time given that I have other subjects to revise for aswell

I have two retakes this week Monday and Tuesday for English and P.E (the most underrated, work heavy A-Level to exist) then my life is PSYA3/4 until June 8th and 14th, which I think is enough time to learn 9-15 essays. Good luck!
for aggressions are people learning seperate neural and hormonal essays or combines?

And for eating behaviour are people learning seperate neural and evolutionary essays for anorexia or combined one?
Original post by grunday
I have two retakes this week Monday and Tuesday for English and P.E (the most underrated, work heavy A-Level to exist) then my life is PSYA3/4 until June 8th and 14th, which I think is enough time to learn 9-15 essays. Good luck!

I still have history to do in the same week as psya3 and English in the same week and psya4 so it is going to be a busy few weeks! Hopefully we can learn everything in time😁 Good luck also! All the best
Original post by Dmatb567
for aggressions are people learning seperate neural and hormonal essays or combines?

And for eating behaviour are people learning seperate neural and evolutionary essays for anorexia or combined one?

Neural and hormonal combined, and a full neural and half evolutionary for eating
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
Neural and hormonal combined, and a full neural and half evolutionary for eating

What do u mean by half evolutionary u mean like a 4+16 marker?
Original post by Dmatb567
What do u mean by half evolutionary u mean like a 4+16 marker?

4+6/8 marks worth really, because they wouldn't ask for it separately, but I would use it if they asked for one or more as a secondary point
Original post by milutin767
I feel like this is all just rote learning I can't think of one good reason for choosing Psychology as a subject..it was so easy at AS and honestly the content was more interesting

Agreed 100%!
When writing about exogenous zietgebers did you go into detail about the CLOCK-CYCLE/PER-TIM cycle? I feel like there's already so much AO1 already in this section without going into detail about this cycle!
Original post by grunday

If you want I can send you pics of my relationships and aggression notes in exchange for your gender and schizophrenia notes?
Do you think they could ask us a question on narcolepsy, sleepwalking or insomnia individually? Or do they always ask for eg explanations on insomnia and/or narcolepsy?
Original post by zoex101
Do you think they could ask us a question on narcolepsy, sleepwalking or insomnia individually? Or do they always ask for eg explanations on insomnia and/or narcolepsy?
Probably… I would suggest knowing 4+8 worth of material for both
Reply 679
how do you deal with half questions like 'outline one theory of relationship maintenance' 4+8 marks how much evaluation will I need?

Latest

Trending

Trending