The Student Room Group

OCR 2010 A2 Biology Unit 2 - Control, Genome and Environment

Scroll to see replies

ViolinGirl
Hi :smile: Yes you need to learn it, even though it is the most dull thing in the book. The basics you need to know are:

1) the 2 concepts for a species
2) How each concept differs
3) Use of cladistics
4) How comparison of DNA etc, can be used to derive evolutionary relationships
5) How this relates to classification of organisms

Right ok :smile: Thank you! Have my mock tomorrow! EEEK!
colourwhite
Right ok :smile: Thank you! Have my mock tomorrow! EEEK!

Goodluck with it =}
This exam has SO much content :frown::frown: P.s. uploading biotech notes.
Here you go if its any help to anyone , please rep :smile:
skatealexia
Here you go if its any help to anyone , please rep :smile:

Thanks ^.^.
hardy-weingberg is piss easy! lol i do A2 maths and hardy-weinberg is a joke(no offense to those not doing maths at a-level).

p+q=1

p^2+2pq+q^2=1 lol
Remarqable M
hardy-weingberg is piss easy! lol i do A2 maths and hardy-weinberg is a joke(no offense to those not doing maths at a-level).

p+q=1

p^2+2pq+q^2=1 lol

Do we even have to remember the formula or will they give us it in the exam? I agree that Hardy Weinberg is one of the easier parts of mod1.
Gah. Biology. I've lost complete motivation for this subject. I'm trying to get into revising by starting on module 4 as it seems the most interesting.
Seriously, how do some of you lot do so much revision?
So I redone my bio A2 course and I got WORSE than last time hahahaha!! Gosh, third time lucky I hope. Biology is killing me. :'(
buyingtheticket
Do we even have to remember the formula or will they give us it in the exam? I agree that Hardy Weinberg is one of the easier parts of mod1.

gah it ain't that hard if you are doing a2 maths or Further ^^ anyhow its better to learn all you can otherwise you might regret it.
p= dominant allele frequency (A)
q= recessive (a)
IN EQUILIBRIUM:
p^2 = AA
q^2 = aa
2pq = Aa .
Ah i will also post down stuff on succession and all, we did that yesterday xD and nitrogen cycle! FUN FUN....
In case you got any questions on genetics + engineering stuff feel free to post a question here.
Regards.
:smile:

Its now or never= if i have to ascend to that level xD i need to put that much effort though it might be speed of light! I shall rise.ramble/over.
One of my teachers is stuck in spain LOL

We still have to finish the meiosis chapter and do the genetic engineering chapter OH DEAR.
Ziffachan
One of my teachers is stuck in spain LOL

We still have to finish the meiosis chapter and do the genetic engineering chapter OH DEAR.

Consider yourself lucky, we've been on module 1 since september and we still haven't finished. We haven't even started module 3 and we have half of module 4 to go. And all this is supposed to be done in 3 weeks.

My life and teachers are great. :rolleyes:
I Have No Imagination
Consider yourself lucky, we've been on module 1 since september and we still haven't finished. We haven't even started module 3 and we have half of module 4 to go. And all this is supposed to be done in 3 weeks.

WOW... we are almost done i would say leaving us with last module to cover. XD
ibysaiyan
WOW... we are almost done i would say leaving us with last module to cover. XD

My college is the most ridiculous thing ever! I'm just going to self teach, seeing as these teachers don't seem to care anyway. hmphh :rolleyes:
Reply 694
I Have No Imagination

Unfortunately I'm in the same position. We've just started module 4 and we're supposed to be self-teaching ourselves module 3. It's a joke.
steph_v
Unfortunately I'm in the same position. We've just started module 4 and we're supposed to be self-teaching ourselves module 3. It's a joke.

It's just so ridiculous, but I suppose there's nothing we can do about, only a couple of weeks to go. :woo:
Je voudrais avoir un question sil'vous plait...?:p:
I'm back lol i will be self teaching module 4 as i don't see how we're going to finish everything within 5 weeks:frown:
unit 2 content is a nightmare to read! you'll have to literally burn yourself(a.k.a cramming) to memorise everything.
Remarqable M
I'm back lol i will be self teaching module 4 as i don't see how we're going to finish everything within 5 weeks:frown:
unit 2 content is a nightmare to read! you'll have to literally burn yourself(a.k.a cramming) to memorise everything.

Burn yourself?? LOL, that's a new one.

I'm self teaching module 3 seeing as we still haven't finished module 1 :no:
I Have No Imagination
Burn yourself?? LOL, that's a new one.

I'm self teaching module 3 seeing as we still haven't finished module 1 :no:

No comment on module 1:lol: seriously this module is a martyrdom! :eek3: SO far my favourite modules in this unit are module 2(not everything though), 3 and 4. There is nothing in those modules that makes me want to sleep unlike in module 1( except protein sythesis/lac operon which i found incredibly fascinating). i feel really sorry for you, because you're miles behind to put it simply you're the 'last runner in this marathon' lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending