Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even start the last 2 questions

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone finish the scheduling diagram?

ReputationRep:
    Lol I got 9 and 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikhilm)
    I got 9 and 5 too ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    DAMN! I put 9 and 4 for some reason. I got 5 as lower bound from Gantt chart looking at 12/13 days,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pickenlewis)
    Lol I got 9 and 4
    I got that too.

ReputationRep:
    I think my shortest was 75 or somethkng

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've created a markscheme - please can some of you verify some answers? Not confident with this one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrueDAN)
    I've created a markscheme - please can some of you verify some answers? Not confident with this one.
    Post it please ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same here. Struggled to finish, had to skip scheduling diagram and had no time to check answers. And I normally finish papers with at least 15 mins to spare

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saywhatyoumean)
    Same

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you get 82 miles?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gekkelekkebekke)
    I honestly wonder if anyone (without extra time) managed to complete the whole paper to a good standard without running out of time... wtf edexcel, at least I don't seem to be the only one..
    I finished the whole paper within the hour and a half and think its probably a good standard. Will a provisional mark scheme be made at all or not because its too hard with all the diagrams

ReputationRep:
    Post it please ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...200&highlight=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frances98)
    I finished the whole paper within the hour and a half and think its probably a good standard. Will a provisional mark scheme be made at all or not because its too hard with all the diagrams
    Yeah it was a standard paper but a few wouldn't have finished

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah if you send it I'll compare it with my answers

ReputationRep:
    Guys what did you get for the integer solutions of V and what was the cost?

ReputationRep:
    Waiting for the unofficial markscheme. Lost 3 marks at least by not doing it, but otherwise it was OK, really. Told you we were gonna have flow charts!

ReputationRep:
    At best, I can get 66 marks which is not even an A on some papers! Please be low boundaries!

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the algorithm results/outputs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Getting on this one as fast as possible. I hated this exam, everyone else found it good - maybe decision maths isn't for me but it'll be nice to see how your answers compare.

Question 1:- A bipartite graph consists of 2 vertices, X and Y. Vertices can only be joined from X to Y, not joined from the same set I.e. X to X.- It was the most confusing / long winded route I got it as. You were matching P with B.P-A = ..... M - B and change state.

Question 2:- Precedence table was with 3 dummies. I did get a nice looking one but I know I made one mistake. C and D were dependent on A. E and F were dependent on B. A and B were dependent on nothing and came from a node labelled O.Remember to link the all up at the end to create a nice network.

Question 3:- Quicksort with 10 numbers. I can remember 11 being shifted to the very end after the first pass. Make sure to label pivots clearly and to say that the source is complete.- First fit decreasing got you 5 bins.- Lowerbound was 4, however it was unrealistic to get 4, but the question was asking if it was optimal. Therefore, it was not optimal.

Question 4:- Ouput 135 implying 7 and 25 were multiplied together.- 122 because using 1/2 would encounter negatives.- 122 X 1/2 = 61.

Question 5:Worried about this one - can't remember it well.- 48 units in length.- One with J 49 units in length.- Missed out Prim's question and only noticed at end so rushed like mad - I got 87.

Question 6: Chinese postman- Weight 460- Look at one excluding F which was EH and 35 in length.- 419 with a route with 21 nodes, starting at F and finishing at B.

Question 7:- 22, 16, 17,10 for answers of w,X,y,z (not in order)- Gantt chart - hate you - you had 6 critical values.- 5 workers as lower bound looking at day 12-14- Scheduling = ran out of time / didn't bother really.

Question 8:- 20x + 65y less than or equal to 520.- Remember that X.y larger than equal to 0. Plot the points to get a region R - one of the equations I struggled with and I think it was something like:-X + 24y larger than or equal to 24. I brought the X over and got 0,0 and 0,1 as my points. I don't think it interfered with the region - I may have got it wrong please tell me.- Exact values you had to look at the point of intersection between 7x + 8y = 120 and 20x + 65y = 520.I did simultaneous equations and got fractions - I checked there decimal points and it did look close to where V was. I got V to be the upper, right hand side point.9 and 4 I got for the crates -

I think I've done horribly on this paper, please help me add on to it to create a nice markscheme! I really wanted an A overall, think I may have not done enough in this module. Anywho, I will update ASAP and try my best to respond quickly. Good luck all
    I got very similar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AhnafR)
    Guys what did you get for the integer solutions of V and what was the cost?
    I got 20 for x and 1 for y. So it cost £465 in total. Not sure if that's right, though, I was really rushed

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 11, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.