The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Still awake. What a suprise
Original post by ScaryScience
Still awake. What a suprise

big hugs Scary! :hugs: hope you're gonna be okay? lack of sleep is awful :frown: not slept tonight yet myself, probably won't now tbh as I have Drs at like 9:45am!
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
big hugs Scary! :hugs: hope you're gonna be okay? lack of sleep is awful :frown: not slept tonight yet myself, probably won't now tbh as I have Drs at like 9:45am!

:hugs: still no sleep. have given up. sorry you havent either, but hope doctors goes okay :hugs:
Urgh, woke up with a thumping headache. I thought even a few hours of sleep would get rid of it!

Or it could be because I'm rushing around like a madman cause I have an exam today - and I shouldn't be rushing around, thanks to Q. :colondollar:
Original post by ScaryScience
:hugs: still no sleep. have given up. sorry you havent either, but hope doctors goes okay :hugs:

hopefully you can get some sleep in the day or tonight! :hugs: thanks, it should be okay I think, they should have my stuff from ENT at least anyway!

Original post by CescaD96
Urgh, woke up with a thumping headache. I thought even a few hours of sleep would get rid of it!

Or it could be because I'm rushing around like a madman cause I have an exam today - and I shouldn't be rushing around, thanks to Q. :colondollar:

:console: hope your headache passes! I hate headaches, always have paracetamol in cause I get them far too much! good luck with your exam :smile:
Original post by cuppa
hi yall im new to this thread/society!! hope youre all doing alright :console:

Welcome to the society. :smile:

Original post by PandaWho
Someone on TSR thinks im called Chris :erm:
Dunno who Chris is

But hi im Chris :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Chris! :hi: :hi: :hi:

:tongue:

Original post by CescaD96

Good luck! :hugs:
Original post by superwolf
Welcome to the society. :smile:

Hi Chris! :hi: :hi: :hi:

:tongue:

He was saying i was chris tarrent :unimpressed:

Hope your ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can i ask you guys, I have been seeing my GP weekly for the depression and SA.

At the end of each appt he says generally am doing alright, is this as my friend has said him encouraging me. Friend says its standard practice with mental health as the doc is hardly gonna say things are bad

I'm petrified to ask him, not cos he is awful. More because I don't like questioning people
Original post by Anonymous
Can i ask you guys, I have been seeing my GP weekly for the depression and SA. At the end of each appt he says generally am doing alright, is this as my friend has said him encouraging me. Friend says its standard practice with mental health as the doc is hardly gonna say things are bad I'm petrified to ask him, not cos he is awful. More because I don't like questioning people
I'm feeling the same my doctor seems to skirt round issues but maybe yours genuinely thinks you're doing okay? Or maybe he's trying to be encouraging. It's worth having an open and honest discussion but still the doctor will likely have your best interest at heart when he tells you you're doing well even if it is just to motivate you.
Original post by superwolf

Original post by Jean-Luc Picard

:console: hope your headache passes! I hate headaches, always have paracetamol in cause I get them far too much! good luck with your exam :smile:

Thanks. :smile:
Just one exam left now :biggrin: this one wasn't too bad really.

What I want now is several hours to myself, but I know I'm going to end up having to be social :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wish I could give up. Give it all up. Find a nice hole to crawl into and rot for the rest of my days. I don't want to try anymore. The world would be so much better off without me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Have decided that I am gonna get private counselling cause if I wait for the free counselling (am on a waiting list) then by the time I get it, there may not be enough time for the counselling to work and help me. Now, I just have to find the right counselor.
what a ****ing ridiculous existence. exam on Friday, know nothing, cant sleep, cant function, just constant crying. what a pitiful, ridiculous human I am. I just want it to go away.
Original post by moment of truth
Have decided that I am gonna get private counselling cause if I wait for the free counselling (am on a waiting list) then by the time I get it, there may not be enough time for the counselling to work and help me. Now, I just have to find the right counselor.

Some charities like Mind have free counselling that often has a shorter waiting list.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Some charities like Mind have free counselling that often has a shorter waiting list.

The Mind near me charges a little for counselling, but I am sure there will still be a waiting list. I am on a waiting list from another charity that offers free counselling, but they said it could be up to 3 months and it has already been about a month (maybe less). Even if the private counselling is like £30/40 pounds a session, it is worth having it for a couple months cause it could save me a lot of money for the future.
I dont know if I have a mental health issue or not.

I've been really stressed and anxious about exams and its reduced to me to lack of sleep and appetite and I even missed an exam which now equates to a U which only makes me even more stressed. I broke down crying in front of a teacher and now shes scheduled regular "check ups" to talk to me about how exams went etc

I cant talk to my dad about it because hes already stressing and anxious about other things and I dont want to talk to my irl friends about it because its embarrassing. I dont know if it counts as a mental health issue or not but it is effecting me badly. I'm 17 doing AS exams.

I also have really prolonged bad migraines and headaches and they wont go away, they've been there since I can remember!

I dont know if I should schedule an appointment with my GP but then again they might not even take it seriously because I'm a "teenager" and will they tell my parents?

Theres a strong history of mental disorders in my immediate family but I dont think anxiety counts as one. My brother has Severe Autism and ADHD, My other brother has ADHD and Dyspraxia. My mum has undiagnosed bipolar.

I really dont want this to effect me in my future and studies like it has already done.

I dont know what to do.
So it looks like i have some form of infection, did a urine sample and theyv said i have white blood cells present (which mum told me they fight infection) and theyv sent it off for futher analysis probably to see if they can see what the infection is of :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ilovereading
I dont know if I have a mental health issue or not.

I've been really stressed and anxious about exams and its reduced to me to lack of sleep and appetite and I even missed an exam which now equates to a U which only makes me even more stressed. I broke down crying in front of a teacher and now shes scheduled regular "check ups" to talk to me about how exams went etc

I cant talk to my dad about it because hes already stressing and anxious about other things and I dont want to talk to my irl friends about it because its embarrassing. I dont know if it counts as a mental health issue or not but it is effecting me badly. I'm 17 doing AS exams.

I also have really prolonged bad migraines and headaches and they wont go away, they've been there since I can remember!

I dont know if I should schedule an appointment with my GP but then again they might not even take it seriously because I'm a "teenager" and will they tell my parents?

Theres a strong history of mental disorders in my immediate family but I dont think anxiety counts as one. My brother has Severe Autism and ADHD, My other brother has ADHD and Dyspraxia. My mum has undiagnosed bipolar.

I really dont want this to effect me in my future and studies like it has already done.

I dont know what to do.

Hi. :smile: I'm 18, currently in the middle of A2 exams. Back in February I went to my GP and I've been diagnosed with moderate depression (and I hear voices but that's a different story.)
Do go to your GP. It does sound like you are suffering from anxiety (I have social anxiety disorder). However, since you're 17 I think they might have to tell your parents. Telling my dad that I was referred was the hardest thing I ever did but I'm glad I did because he is so supportive of me now. :smile:

And you won't be dismissed. Mental health is very important in teenagers, and if I had only looked after myself when I was younger, I wouldn't be where I am today. So, please, talk to someone. :jumphug:
Migraine still present. Pandol was taken. It was so bad that my school seriously considered withdrawing me from my exam, but I did it anyway. :woo:

We're still putting in special circumstances though. :nods:

Latest