The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

:woo: New Thread :woo:

:animal: Were a very friendly bunch, though be careful of a resident wolf, it can get over excited at times! :animal:

Messages and Helpful Advice

Moodgym
is a free online CBT program for people with anxiety and depression.

Nervous about going to the doctor regarding your mental health?

Use this great tool here to help you prepare Thanks to River Shadow for finding this website.

Confidentiality Rules

If you speak to a Dr, teacher, tutor or another adult about a mental health problem, then they are legally bound to not tell anyone including your parents unless you are a danger to yourself or other people. This will generally only happen if you are actively suicidal or at risk of actively hurting someone else, they will generally not tell anyone if you self harm, however they will possibly have follow up meetings with you.
If the person you tell feels they do need to talk to someone else about the situation, then they will usually tell you first, and go through the process of who they will tell and why with you, so no one will be told if you are not happy with the decision.

(Got something you thing would be useful here - quote me and I will add it!)

Moderation Message:

We all want TSR, and especially the Mental Health Support Society to be a safe place for users to get support and constructive, helpful advice. We do not want anyone to get triggered or feel worse as a result of posts on the site, whether that would be a response to your post, or a separate post made by another user. It is for this reason that we have rules relating to self harm and suicide discussion.

Please also be mindful that there are users with a range of mental illnesses including eating disorders viewing this thread and spoiler any potentially triggering content, especially relating to food, weight and abuse. This can be done by adding the tags [noparse]

Spoiler

[/noparse].

Please note that our current policy is that any discussion of suicide or self-harm is not permitted, whether that's writing about contemplating it, or discussing methods. We also cannot allow code words to get around the suicide/self-harm discussion ban. It is important to note that this includes anything written in spoiler tags. Please also remember that posts that do not directly mention self harm or suicide, but imply or hint about it, may also be triggering for users.

The reasons for this policy are:

- We are not professionally trained to deal with serious, potentially dangerous issues like this. We feel that directing people to appropriate help is safer than posting on TSR about it.

- Often messages about these types of feelings end up getting replies which are at best well-intentioned but unhelpful and at worst downright malicious. We would never want someone to be made to feel worse for posting about their feelings.

- There is a real risk of both triggering other users and increasing dangerous behaviour by allowing discussion of self-harm methods etc.

We do not want TSR to be seen to be a site which encourages or promotes self-harm.

Unfortunately, moderators are not able to monitor all posts in the site all the time, and therefore we rely on the report function to help us become aware of problematic posts. If you see a post about self harm, suicide or something that is triggering, please use the report function to bring it to our attention.

Please note that intolerance or discrimination of any kind is not allowed and is not welcome on this thread. If you see a post containing intolerance or discrimination, please use the report function to bring it to our attention, and please refrain from replying to these posts.

If you have any queries about moderation, please make a thread in Ask a Health & Relationships Moderator, and a moderator will reply to you as soon as possible.

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

:hi:
/sub
New thread time :smile:
Happy new thread guys!

Few wobbles but day out wasn't too bad! Saw one of my old support workers from the unit and she remembered me even though I was discharged 3 years ago in August. Probably only remembers me because I had my biggest meltdown when she was on shift but still :ninja:

Food

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous #2
Happy new thread guys!

Few wobbles but day out wasn't too bad! Saw one of my old support workers from the unit and she remembered me even though I was discharged 3 years ago in August. Probably only remembers me because I had my biggest meltdown when she was on shift but still :ninja:

Food

Spoiler

Proud of you for being awesome. :lovehug:
Original post by superwolf
Proud of you for being awesome. :lovehug:

Thanks :smile: The Trafford Centre is actually getting worse :lol:
Original post by Anonymous #2
Thanks :smile: The Trafford Centre is actually getting worse :lol:

:eek: What is this new devilry?
Subbing so I can lurk moar XD
Original post by Squaresquirrel
Subbing so I can lurk moar XD

A squirrel!!! :jumphug:
:eek: What is this new devilry?

To be fair it's probably at its busiest on a Saturday afternoon but still. Had to resist buying all the teddies in Hamleys :ninja:
Nice new thread :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
ooh shiny thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
ugh not doing well. bad bad bad.
Original post by ScaryScience
ugh not doing well. bad bad bad.

Oh no, hope it get's better soon!!!
A squirrel!!! :jumphug:

Hiiiiiiiiiiii! :P haha :jumphug:
Original post by Nathanielle
Oh no, hope it get's better soon!!!

thanks. you feeling any better?
Gahhh, so up and down all the time :/ hate it, crawling back to where I was a month ago :frown:
Hello new thread!

Latest