The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by rainbow.panda
I am a meat-eater, but that doesn't mean I don't care about animals. I care very much about animal welfare, I truly hate people who abuse or neglect animals, and I want animals that are to become my food to be treated well and slaughtered humanely.

Humans are omnivores anyway so it's only natural for us to eat meat. There's nothing wrong with avoiding animal products if you object to it, but you shouldn't denounce meat-eaters as hypocrites just for doing what comes naturally to us.

So something being natural means that it is automatically ok?
Original post by tomclarky
So something being natural means that it is automatically ok?

I don't believe I said that, but whatever. Like I said, it's fine by me if you don't want to eat meat but don't tell the rest of us what to do.
Reply 62
I don't believe I said that, but whatever. Like I said, it's fine by me if you don't want to eat meat but don't tell the rest of us what to do.

So you weren't using the fact it's natural (which i admit it is) as any kind of justification for it in your previous post?

Please tell me where i directly tell anyone not to eat meat? I'm engaging in debate. You do realise that you made a conscious choice to come and join in this open discussion regarding eating habits? Then as soon as someone questions you on your logic you pull out the cliched line of 'don't tell us what to do'. Meat eaters always seem to react as if they are being shouted at in the street, when it comes to simply justifying their ethical choices. If someone has valid reasons for doing something then they usually don't mind discussing them.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tomclarky
You know those people on Facebook that often post photos of cute animals and share links to do with saving elephants/dolphins from harm etc. Can someone fairly call themselves an 'animal lover' but still buy into the barbaric, intensively reared, mass-produced factory farmed pigs, cows and chickens?

To be honest I think there hypocrites. How can you love an animal but still be willing to eat it?
Reply 64
Original post by melinae
I love animals don't get me wrong, but eating meat is a natural part of (most) human's diets.

The people that get me are the animal "obsessives" who DON'T eat meat, not because they don't like it, but because its "hurting all the animals" if they eat it. It's a natural thing, if the first humans turned around and said "NO MATE, I DONT EAT MEAT" then they probably would have all died at some point. Animals are cute, but they eat each other, why shouldn't we?

Hunting and killing/harming with the intent of not eating, or for no good reason (such as people who buy pets and beat them etc) are wrong in my eyes, but eating animals, no. At least they then go to good use, i.e. energy. I think eating endangered animals is sad, but theres not gonna be any way to stop that ultimately, so I don't bother with the whole campaigning thing. I care, but humans are causing the next mass extinction, so there's no going back now we've already ****ed up this planet.

Yeah! Why shouldn't we eat each other? :awesome:
I can see what ur saying but I think the idea is that its supply and demand. So if your eating it, your helping the meat demand go higher therefore more animals get killed. Not sure but I think that’s what vegans are saying x
Comparing rape to eating meat is the silliest thing I've read here, acting like animals donny /don't kill each other.
Original post by Dontf*ckingabuse
Are you ****ing kidding me?!!?!?!!? Cows and chickens are ****ing killed!!! They dont have a ****ing choice!! They dont have the ****ing right to live peacefull cruelty free lives because you asses are buying stuff and basicly supporting their murder!!! They are inocent they dont deserve this ****!! Its like saying rape is ok Since it feels good to the rapist!! Same ****ing thing as saying animals are yummy so it's ok to eat them!! **** all of you animal abusers/murder supporters!!!!!
Reply 67
Utter claptrap and ********,
That is exactly what you said
This comment is so illogical it makes my brain hurt.Why would it be okay to kill something for meat but not for fun?? Killing is killing is killing. And if you care enough for people to not beat animals, you should care that their lives are being taken away for no reason.Which brings me to my next point: eating meat is not
I am a meat-eater, but that doesn't mean I don't care about animals. I care very much about animal welfare, I truly hate people who abuse or neglect animals, and I want animals that are to become my food to be treated well and slaughtered humanely.

Humans are omnivores anyway so it's only natural for us to eat meat. There's nothing wrong with avoiding animal products if you object to it, but you shouldn't denounce meat-eaters as hypocrites just for doing what comes naturally to us.
Reply 70
Please do some research!!!! For the love of animals! It’s not natural in this day and age, why do people think it’s justified because of thing we used to do thousands of years ago.

Latest