The Student Room Group

going vegan ?

hi, i want to go vegan purely for my PCOS and endometriosis. its also for the animals partly too as im an animal lover and also to help me eat healthily.
can anyone tip me on vegan foods and what i can eat as i dont like nuts…
also do i have to not ever wear leather and does it also apply for clothes and seats for example?
It is your choice, but make sure you dont neglect your mineral and vitamin sources. If you aee going vegan,eat some dates, dark chocalate, a variety of fruit to get your essential vitamins and minerals. Drink plenty of coconut water. I personally dont reccomend those "healthy vegan milk" alternatives, its nonsense.

Just a note, I am not a vegan and I do not support their ideology, i am just a dabbler. I like to eat new stuff so I occasionally switch up my diet.

For your source of protien you can eat lentils, beans, and other stuff (my knowledge in this area is shallow)

But dont neglect the vitamins,minerals and protien sources. Theyre really important.
Reply 2
Original post by Master roshi1
It is your choice, but make sure you dont neglect your mineral and vitamin sources. If you aee going vegan,eat some dates, dark chocalate, a variety of fruit to get your essential vitamins and minerals. Drink plenty of coconut water. I personally dont reccomend those "healthy vegan milk" alternatives, its nonsense.

Just a note, I am not a vegan and I do not support their ideology, i am just a dabbler. I like to eat new stuff so I occasionally switch up my diet.

For your source of protien you can eat lentils, beans, and other stuff (my knowledge in this area is shallow)

But dont neglect the vitamins,minerals and protien sources. Theyre really important.

awww thank you!! ive been thinking about doing this for about 1-2 years now. my weight and cravings are so hard to maintain and im 1-2 stone over the normal weight for my height so im overweight and i think eating naturally will help me and reduce my cravings. i also take supplements so i have some things in me.
i will try it out and idk if people will make fun or if theres more cons than pros. i dont like coconut but ill try the coconut water 🤣
Original post by Anonymous
awww thank you!! ive been thinking about doing this for about 1-2 years now. my weight and cravings are so hard to maintain and im 1-2 stone over the normal weight for my height so im overweight and i think eating naturally will help me and reduce my cravings. i also take supplements so i have some things in me.
i will try it out and idk if people will make fun or if theres more cons than pros. i dont like coconut but ill try the coconut water 🤣

Oh if your aim is weight loss then I think my advice would help. Dont surpress your cravings, redirect it. Occasionally I used to eat sweets until I got my first filling, that was a wake up call. Now I satisfy my craving through fruits. You may be thinking "what is wrong with this lad", but trust me, it opened up a whole new world. Its tooooo tasty, I believe once you start eating fruits, you will fall in love with them. Also for weight loss, build muscle. By having muscle, you actively burn calories - even when your asleep. Start off at home,do knee push ups (if you cant, do it on the wall or stairs) and squats etc. Just get into the habit and then start gym if you can
Reply 4
Being vegan tends to be a journey. It is absolutely possible to eat extremely well and nutritiously, only additional requirement is to take Vitamin B12 supplements. I love being vegetarian, couldn’t go back to meat, do veganuary each year, but am struggling to give up dairy products. Will get there though. As to leather, wool, honey etc all part of the ethics issue to a lesser or greater extent. I don’t intend to throw away my leather belts but am thinking hard about future purchases

Quick Reply

Latest