The Student Room Group

I HATE grime music

Scroll to see replies

The **** they are, i despise grime
Always been a fan of Hip-Hop music but recently I've started getting into Grime too. I don't understand all the hate against it. :s-smilie:
Grime sounds terrible.
Never understood the point of threads like these

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by splashywill
I really don't understand why so many UK teens are following this grime culture. The music is genuinely unpleasant to listen to and it promotes really chavy behaviour like taking drugs wearing a tracksuit... Anyone else think the same?

Yeah completely agree with you. It some ways it does. However I and other people listen to it for the flow and just the way in which they can present story's that seem relatable despite the fact that i've never been in that situation. Despite this I agree recently a lot of grime artists are focussing on the area that you've presented.
Original post by asif007
Always been a fan of Hip-Hop music but recently I've started getting into Grime too. I don't understand all the hate against it. :s-smilie:

Same.

The beats are good as is the flow. Not sure how people are saying it encourages anti-social behaviour... Probably the same kind of people who think GTA breeds murderers.
Original post by DarkEnergy
Same.

The beats are good as is the flow. Not sure how people are saying it encourages anti-social behaviour... Probably the same kind of people who think GTA breeds murderers.

Exactly. I just enjoy it cos it's good music. People who link it to anti-social behaviour obviously assume we can't think for ourselves to exercise some restraint in our own lives. What do they know?

Also GTA FTW. :biggrin:
Original post by asif007

It's not very good. Most of it is poorly produced. The content is mostly the same. The releases are very unreliable.

Good Grime is very difficult to find.

Listen to BIDC and call it a day. It pretty much starts and ends with that album, individual tracks aside.
OP is a backup dancer.
Original post by splashywill
I really don't understand why so many UK teens are following this grime culture. The music is genuinely unpleasant to listen to and it promotes really chavy behaviour like taking drugs wearing a tracksuit... Anyone else think the same?

Yeah, I kinda feel the same way as well. I much prefer rock music as it is more meaningful and authentic. The guitar solos pretty much pack the punch for rock music and that's why I love that genre of music. Some of my favourite bands are Coldplay, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Linkin Park, Foo Fighters, Paramore, All American Rejects and Imagine Dragons.
Original post by Shafy97
Yeah, I kinda feel the same way as well. I much prefer rock music as it is more meaningful and authentic. The guitar solos pretty much pack the punch for rock music and that's why I love that genre of music. Some of my favourite bands are Coldplay, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Linkin Park, Foo Fighters, Paramore, All American Rejects and Imagine Dragons.

Grime is shite but it's better than half the shite you just named.
Original post by l'etranger
OP is a backup dancer.

On TSR being a t!t, he's a backup dancer
Original post by Wilfred Little
Grime is shite but it's better than half the shite you just named.

savage af
Original post by DarkEnergy
On TSR being a t!t, he's a backup dancer

I wanna make my mum so proud :smug:
theres this EXTREMELY asian girl in my school, shes like full n asian will 8A* or whatever but she goes round school at lunch listening to grime/rap and her snapchat stories are always about grime rappers and she talks like a roadman and its not working out for her.

she literally goes round school listening to who knows who? talking like this "rah ting innit uno"
Original post by Castro Saint
savage af

It's not really relevant though is it? Besides each person has their own opinion if Wilfred doesn't like my taste of my music then fair enough.
Original post by Shafy97
It's not really relevant though is it? Besides each person has their own opinion if Wilfred doesn't like my taste of my music then fair enough.

This wasn't relevant either
Original post by Wilfred Little
It's not very good. Most of it is poorly produced. The content is mostly the same. The releases are very unreliable.

Good Grime is very difficult to find.

Listen to BIDC and call it a day. It pretty much starts and ends with that album, individual tracks aside.

That's fair enough bro. I agree that there isn't as much quality Grime music out there as much as other genres I love. But that's probably cos I haven't found it - I don't know a lot about the genre as a whole. I started getting into it just by following some of the figureheads of Grime like JME, 67, Bugzy Malone and Big Narstie. Always been a fan of Dizzee Rascal too so I've heard the BIDC album already.

I do think the Pure Grime compilation albums have got some decent tracks on them.
Original post by sfaraj
theres this EXTREMELY asian girl in my school, shes like full n asian will 8A* or whatever but she goes round school at lunch listening to grime/rap and her snapchat stories are always about grime rappers and she talks like a roadman and its not working out for her.

she literally goes round school listening to who knows who? talking like this "rah ting innit uno"

And your point is...?
Original post by asif007
That's fair enough bro. I agree that there isn't as much quality Grime music out there as much as other genres I love. But that's probably cos I haven't found it - I don't know a lot about the genre as a whole. I started getting into it just by following some of the figureheads of Grime like JME, 67, Bugzy Malone and Big Narstie. Always been a fan of Dizzee Rascal too so I've heard the BIDC album already.

I do think the Pure Grime compilation albums have got some decent tracks on them.

If you're really new to the genre I recommend the following:

Sets:

F Radio 3
F Radio 5
P Money's Valentine's Day Massacre set
P Money's Money Over Everyone set

Instrumental CDs:

Maniac - New Age Grime
Rude Kid - Are You Ready
Nocturnal - Nocstrumentals
Ruff Sqwad - White Label Classics
+ a lot of Preditah's stuff

CDs:

JME - History
Ruff Sqwad - Guns & Roses 1 & 2
Wiley - Race Against Time
Neckle Camp - Straight Necklin'
Maxsta - The Maxtape

This is obvious, entry level, well known stuff but it's a good place to start. The compilation CDs are OK as an introduction but the track selections tend to be a bit dodgy.

Quote me if you want individual tracks.

Quick Reply

Latest