The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by ItsJustMe17
Ohh I see! Lucky you haha :smile: Wish I had a twin sister! Must be so much fun all the time, best friend always there :P How come she wants to stay at home? You guys could just share accommodation together? :smile: But oh well if you don't mind thts good. I didn't know UoM does year abroads for law???

Hmmm she defo is my best friend lol (it may seem lame buh we share evrything e.g. Clothes nd same taste in clothes nd other things too! :-P) its awesome having a twin!! Ahh its not that she doesnt want to live in student accom. i just think it will be better to commute from home as its not even half an hour away from home nd if anythin happens our family is reall close by ;-) UoM does a semester abroad for the second yr of ur law degree (unfortunately they dont do the semester abroad for law with criminology or politics :-\)

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by zeb786
Im probably going to go over my P.S and refresh my memory :smile:. Can't wait to go. I'm looking forward to get a 'feel' for the university and the city. What about you?

Yeh that's pretty much what I plan to do as well! I'm excited to see the uni not really sure what it is like as I was unable to attend an open day. But goodluck for your interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aliakhan
Hmmm she defo is my best friend lol (it may seem lame buh we share evrything e.g. Clothes nd same taste in clothes nd other things too! :-P) its awesome having a twin!! Ahh its not that she doesnt want to live in student accom. i just think it will be better to commute from home as its not even half an hour away from home nd if anythin happens our family is reall close by ;-) UoM does a semester abroad for the second yr of ur law degree (unfortunately they dont do the semester abroad for law with criminology or politics :-\)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha that's so cool and must be so much fun! And yeah that's true plus it saves you money! :O that's so unfair! Cant believe that :frown:
Reply 783
anyone else get an invitation for interview for Chemistry on 12th December?
Reply 784
Original post by Sabrina09
Yeh that's pretty much what I plan to do as well! I'm excited to see the uni not really sure what it is like as I was unable to attend an open day. But goodluck for your interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didnt attend the open day either, I'm hoping its like an open day but a lot more representative of the actual university atmosphere because its term time. Good luck for your interview too :smile:
Reply 785
Original post by ItsJustMe17
Haha that's so cool and must be so much fun! And yeah that's true plus it saves you money! :O that's so unfair! Cant believe that :frown:

Ahh well AllahuAalim bro :tongue: i guess im special in a way as i have be blessed to share my life with someone who is exactly like me nd loves me more than words can say:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 786
Original post by Semsa
got offer for materials science AAB; my predicted grades are A*ABB.

Just accepted Manchester as firm; Exeter as insurance. Materials Science.
Reply 787
Had an offer of ABB for both philosophy and philosophy/politics, they only took a week to reply which was extremely surprising considering how bad my AS results were
Reply 788
Got an offer today for Accounting and Finance! Whoop :biggrin:
AAB
i already have an A in business so I'm guessing that A is included in my conditional offer? Stupid question I know but I'm worrying cuse they just said AAB and not AB
Original post by zeb123
AAB
i already have an A in business so I'm guessing that A is included in my conditional offer? Stupid question I know but I'm worrying cuse they just said AAB and not AB

Are you currently studying for three A Levels on top of your A in business?

If you're confused, I'd suggest emailing the department for clarification.
Reply 790
Anyone else got an interview for Biomedical Sciences on the 11th of December?
Any advice on how to prepare? :smile:
Original post by Rocket Queen
Had an interview yesterday, got an offer for Zoology with year in industry/abroad. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, how was it? the interview? :biggrin:
Original post by rebeccaj96
Hi,
I've got an interview for Biological Sciences: Physiology tomorrow and was just wondering if anyone on here has had one? I have no idea what to expect and any advice would be great!
How formal is it?And what should I prepare before I go?
Thanks!

Hey, what did you think of your interview? Mine is tomorrow :biggrin:
Original post by VK96
Quite informal for me, very friendly and I'm not sure about Economics, I was in the Life Sciences department :smile:.

Did they ask you any knowledge base questions? :3
Reply 794
Original post by zeb123
AAB

is your name actually zeb? I've never heard of anyone called zeb other than myself. There can only be one! :colone:
Reply 795
Original post by abbiemac
Hey, what did you think of your interview? Mine is tomorrow :biggrin:

Me too! :biggrin: I've got one for Chemical Engineering. What subject have you applied for? Is it me or do most people have the interview on the 11th, haven't heard many people having interviews on the 4th. :smile:
Original post by zeb786
Me too! :biggrin: I've got one for Chemical Engineering. What subject have you applied for? Is it me or do most people have the interview on the 11th, haven't heard many people having interviews on the 4th. :smile:

Hey :biggrin: Neuroscience! I haven't heard of many either? Could be just us two! :P how have you been preparing? I'm so worried haha!
Reply 797
Original post by abbiemac
Hey :biggrin: Neuroscience! I haven't heard of many either? Could be just us two! :P how have you been preparing? I'm so worried haha!

Just going through my PS and checking to see if i really know the stuff i claim to know by doing some extra research. I don't think you should worry so much, I've heard they're informal. One of my friends had a bio med interview last week and got an offer without much preparation. He said its pretty chilled out so don't worry too much:smile:
I'm more excited than nervous, can't wait to see the Uni and the city. Do you know if its like the open days where there's parents everywhere or are most people going solo like me? Are you going alone or with your parents?
Original post by zeb786
Just going through my PS and checking to see if i really know the stuff i claim to know by doing some extra research. I don't think you should worry so much, I've heard they're informal. One of my friends had a bio med interview last week and got an offer without much preparation. He said its pretty chilled out so don't worry too much:smile:
I'm more excited than nervous, can't wait to see the Uni and the city. Do you know if its like the open days where there's parents everywhere or are most people going solo like me? Are you going alone or with your parents?

Yeah same, I'm researching topics, reading articles etc :biggrin: Thinking of reasons why I want to go to Manchester! Really? Aww that makes me feel better! :') I can't wait to have a look around.. related topic, I heard the christmas market is on tomorrow? :P
Well, it says on the website you're only allowed one guest with you. And it's meant to be a small group so I doubt there will be parents everywhere :P my dad is taking me, he used to live in Manchester so is going to give me a bit of a tour!
Reply 799
Hey guys just wanted to update that I have now received my offer for Anatomical Sciences with Mandarin on Track :smile:!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending