The Student Room Group

OCR Biology A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 26, 2016 and Depth - June 7, 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Black Rose
Yep, what was the respiring tissues one again? and bohr effect apparently!

I wrote Bohr shift for that one too
Original post by nadeu01
Anyone know what the question to the pressures MSQ was? The lymph, tissue fluid, aorta and vena cava one? I think i did, High, Low, High, Low..

I got high, low, low, low
Original post by MrDogg
yep!

Is that the disulfide links..😫
Original post by nadeu01
*sigh* when u write bohr and then cross it out and write conformational cuz it said change in the question *sigh*

:console:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by anna096
I thought you just had to match one letter up to each!!

Sames i got A and D.. Dk which one was which tho
Original post by Simbak6
I got high, low, low, low

SHITTT😩
Reply 786
Original post by xsrajabx
Yeahhhh got that too

Posted from TSR Mobile

We might have got that wrong because amylase is an enzyme(protein) :frown:
Original post by nadeu01
Anyone know what the question to the pressures MSQ was? The lymph, tissue fluid, aorta and vena cava one? I think i did, High, Low, High, Low..

I put high low low low
Original post by nadeu01

thats what i put too :smile:

YESSS
Original post by cordeliaheath_
thats what i put too :smile:

Dude👌
Original post by indrx__
What did people get for the MSQ with a table of two different fields and the possible answers were about Simpsons index, species evenness and species richness? I think I guessed Simpsons index was greater in field G but it didn't make sense to me as a thought simpsons index was a measure of diversity?!
I did Simpson's index was higher in Field G too. I'm sure the species richness is the same because of the same number of species for both Field G and H, and species evenness was lower in Field H?
IT was kinda easy i can't lie :/ i finished in the first 50 mins and was just sitting there bored as hell lol. i know i lost quite a bit of marks but i'm confident in getting an A. Can someone tell me the predicted raw marks for 100 ums on the c2 edexcel paper?
Original post by Hmb28
Answer should have been Cl- for amylase ( left side ). And Zn+2 for the cofactors- if you hadn't read the specification you wouldn't have known. Really :/

Pretty sure you would know from GCSE Chemistry though?
It's also in the Pearson textbook I believe
Original post by nadeu01
Sames i got A and D.. Dk which one was which tho

the first one was C because it was asking for proof that it is an active process and this one mentioned drugs that inhibit respiration.
then the second was ADF or something like that cant remember.
Original post by FailedMyMocks
I wrote same as you. Ex Situ..

I failed my mocks too...

just checked my bio book, cgp one, page 253-4.
in situ conservation means conservation on site - it involves protecting species in their natural habitat. e.g.:
* Establishing protected areas such as national parks and wildlife reserves (aka nature reserves) - habitats and species are protected in these areas by restricting urban development, industrial development blah blah blah.

okay I'm so confused.
Original post by OddFuturez
At this rate I may need to get 80% on the depth paper lol?!

Bro i feel u, im sittin here like👀
Reply 797
Original post by Simbak6
The answer was either Cl2- and Zn+ OR Cl- and Zn2+.
I wrote the Cl2+ and Zn+ but many people who said they found the test quite good sounded extremely confident that it was the Cl- one so i got it wrong :frown:

Since when did chlorine form a 2+ ion
Original post by brodingoson
I put intracellular fluids i.e. amino acids for W, i had no idea either!

I put cytoplasm for W.. Unsure tho.. Got the same as your other ones tho
will Bohr shift give me the mark or was it meant to be Bohr effect?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending