The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Huge hugs to all who are struggling. Sorry I'm not being much help recently :frown:

TLG Update: Going to Oxford tomorrow. Not sure whether I am gonna bump into E and whether I want to bump into her or not :erm: Good vibes sent this way would be appreciated so that I don't flip out :colondollar:

:hugs: Sending you good vibes <3

Can give you my number if you want it, you can text me if you need someone... (you don't have to take my offer...)
Original post by Crystalz
Thanks for the reply, they're also my first point of contact... i can't really be visited at home though as i live with parents :frown:

That's fine. Let them know though so they don't just rock up.
Thanks for the reply, they're also my first point of contact... i can't really be visited at home though as i live with parents :frown:

Are your parents not aware of your mental health?

As for not visiting you, when I was under them they were mostly cool with just a phonecall - they only started visiting me in person when I was doing really badly. I know my keyworker was ok at meeting me in a coffee shop so if they want to see you you could try asking them that.
Huge hugs to all who are struggling. Sorry I'm not being much help recently :frown:

TLG Update: Going to Oxford tomorrow. Not sure whether I am gonna bump into E and whether I want to bump into her or not :erm: Good vibes sent this way would be appreciated so that I don't flip out :colondollar:

Did you sort out a plan? Really hope it goes well remember im now able to text and whatsapp! Good luck hun :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Noodlzzz
That's fine. Let them know though so they don't just rock up.

Will do when they call me, thanks :smile:

Original post by Sabertooth
Are your parents not aware of your mental health?

As for not visiting you, when I was under them they were mostly cool with just a phonecall - they only started visiting me in person when I was doing really badly. I know my keyworker was ok at meeting me in a coffee shop so if they want to see you you could try asking them that.

My mum doesn't believe in mental health.

Spoiler

There's a coffee shop round the corner so i guess i could suggest that, that would be great.
Will do when they call me, thanks :smile:

My mum doesn't believe in mental health.

Spoiler

There's a coffee shop round the corner so i guess i could suggest that, that would be great.

What if the crisis team spoke to your mum and explained that your mental health is serious and not made up or related to her as a mother. An external person like that may help her see.

:jumphug: Juts focus on yourself, Shan, that's all we want. :smile:
Voices

Spoiler

Original post by Noodlzzz
What if the crisis team spoke to your mum and explained that your mental health is serious and not made up or related to her as a mother. An external person like that may help her see.

I think she'd just get irritated, she's not a rational person lol
Even with facts, if you correct her she kind of just gets annoyed.
I told her my school counsellor encouraged me to seek out my university counsellor when i get there and she told me my school counsellor isn't doing her job properly because i'm fine. She can be quite stubborn. It's okay though, i think it'll be fine, moving out soon regardless which hopefully will do me a lot of good.
Thank you though, home situations are quite tricky

Spoiler

bad images

Spoiler

yet more proof that I'm useless and nothing I do makes any difference. the universe is really trying to tell me something today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cuppa
I feel horrid and I've STILL not revised since Easter. I revised... For half an hour in total maybe?

Spoiler

Sorry to hijack...

PLEASE can anyone advise me I had depression had art therapy, was fine, mum died got so depressed.

NOW l am looking at the OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH ,

seriously if I can't do it because I had depression for the 3 yrs on and off I will be going in a BAD PLACE AGAIN.
I am well now on medication, now

What does the health history show please.

Can I speak to my GP first.

Please help,past experiences , anything small will do , please.
and my mum has put a horrendous picture of me on Facebook I can't take how awful tonight has been

Posted from TSR Mobile
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH,

please help anyone, anything you know will help,

I applied for Adult NURSING,

now I had art therapy, 4 yrs ago, and on medication now, was badly depressed when I lost my mum.

NOW MEDICAL HISTORY, I am ssssssssh myself

should I speak to my gp

I am so confused,

what does he write

Can I go to new gp what
im a lost cause and i cant do this anymore
I feel so alone.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by tiaa911
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH,

now I had art therapy, 4 yrs ago, and on medication now, was badly depressed when I lost my mum.

should I speak to my gp

I am so confused,

what does he write

Can I go to new gp what

you're either not writing very coherently or im not lucid. either way i cant answer your question sorry
Original post by tiaa911
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH,

should I speak to my gp

I am so confused,

what does he write

Can I go to new gp what

afaik, you'll be fine, many nurses have/have had depression. you need to be honest and don't need to do anything else. as long as you're reasonably well and not a risk to yourself or others it will be fine and i'm sure you will pass.

Latest