Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Spoiler:
    Show

They vary between teams but most of the time one or two will visit briefly everyday/ every few days as needed and talk to you about how you're feeling and possibly give you your medication if they deem you shouldn't be self administering

I didn't really know what to expect as when I was first with them it was my 1st point of contact with mental health teams. After being in services for a few years I've found that between and within teams are pretty similar in how they work

Thanks for the reply, they're also my first point of contact... i can't really be visited at home though as i live with parents
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Huge hugs to all who are struggling. Sorry I'm not being much help recently

TLG Update: Going to Oxford tomorrow. Not sure whether I am gonna bump into E and whether I want to bump into her or not :erm: Good vibes sent this way would be appreciated so that I don't flip out
    :hugs: Sending you good vibes <3

Can give you my number if you want it, you can text me if you need someone... (you don't have to take my offer...)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Crystalz)
    Thanks for the reply, they're also my first point of contact... i can't really be visited at home though as i live with parents
    That's fine. Let them know though so they don't just rock up.

ReputationRep:
    Are your parents not aware of your mental health?

As for not visiting you, when I was under them they were mostly cool with just a phonecall - they only started visiting me in person when I was doing really badly. I know my keyworker was ok at meeting me in a coffee shop so if they want to see you you could try asking them that.

ReputationRep:

TLG Update: Going to Oxford tomorrow. Not sure whether I am gonna bump into E and whether I want to bump into her or not :erm: Good vibes sent this way would be appreciated so that I don't flip out
    Did you sort out a plan? Really hope it goes well remember im now able to text and whatsapp! Good luck hun :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's fine. Let them know though so they don't just rock up.
    Will do when they call me, thanks

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Are your parents not aware of your mental health?

As for not visiting you, when I was under them they were mostly cool with just a phonecall - they only started visiting me in person when I was doing really badly. I know my keyworker was ok at meeting me in a coffee shop so if they want to see you you could try asking them that.
    My mum doesn't believe in mental health.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She thinks it's all the way i'm thinking and i just need to change the way i think. I can't really talk to her because i get asked "why are you making me seem like a bad mother" or "why are you making this up". It's irritating but ah well

There's a coffee shop round the corner so i guess i could suggest that, that would be great.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Will do when they call me, thanks

My mum doesn't believe in mental health.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She thinks it's all the way i'm thinking and i just need to change the way i think. I can't really talk to her because i get asked "why are you making me seem like a bad mother" or "why are you making this up". It's irritating but ah well

There's a coffee shop round the corner so i guess i could suggest that, that would be great.
    What if the crisis team spoke to your mum and explained that your mental health is serious and not made up or related to her as a mother. An external person like that may help her see.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers

:jumphug: Juts focus on yourself, Shan, that's all we want.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Voices

Spoiler:
    Show
    Keep hearing a high pitch noise and it's definitely just me hearing it cause Daddy can't. And the voices are shrinking away from it, they don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    What if the crisis team spoke to your mum and explained that your mental health is serious and not made up or related to her as a mother. An external person like that may help her see.
    I think she'd just get irritated, she's not a rational person lol
    Even with facts, if you correct her she kind of just gets annoyed.
    I told her my school counsellor encouraged me to seek out my university counsellor when i get there and she told me my school counsellor isn't doing her job properly because i'm fine. She can be quite stubborn. It's okay though, i think it'll be fine, moving out soon regardless which hopefully will do me a lot of good.
    Thank you though, home situations are quite tricky

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    me and 3 other people are starting an abuse survivors support group at uni. if you were to go to an abuse survivor support group, what would you like to do or expect? what kind of rules might be helpful? if anyone could help me out, either by quoting or PMing me that would be great

ReputationRep:
    bad images
    Spoiler:
    Show
    really bad intrusive gorey images.

ReputationRep:
    yet more proof that I'm useless and nothing I do makes any difference. the universe is really trying to tell me something today

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuppa)
    I feel horrid and I've STILL not revised since Easter. I revised... For half an hour in total maybe?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Also I'm wondering what's the point of going to uni if j don't even like ANY subjects and don't want a job or anything at all. I just want to like fckgn disappear or something. My smartness or whatever is my only good feature and I'm losing it because I'm not trying enough lol love it

Sorry to hijack...

PLEASE can anyone advise me I had depression had art therapy, was fine, mum died got so depressed.

NOW l am looking at the OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH ,

seriously if I can't do it because I had depression for the 3 yrs on and off I will be going in a BAD PLACE AGAIN.
    I am well now on medication, now

What does the health history show please.

Can I speak to my GP first.

Please help,past experiences , anything small will do , please.

ReputationRep:
    and my mum has put a horrendous picture of me on Facebook I can't take how awful tonight has been

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH,

please help anyone, anything you know will help,

I applied for Adult NURSING,

now I had art therapy, 4 yrs ago, and on medication now, was badly depressed when I lost my mum.

NOW MEDICAL HISTORY, I am ssssssssh myself

should I speak to my gp

I am so confused,

what does he write

Can I go to new gp what

ReputationRep:
    im a lost cause and i cant do this anymore
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I feel so alone.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I dunno why this time since I've been unwell, I just can't do music of any find it a too stiring/triggering. Never used to be like this it's pretty new and not easy to navigate when musics absolutely everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiaa911)
    OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH,

please help anyone, anything you know will help,

I applied for Adult NURSING,

now I had art therapy, 4 yrs ago, and on medication now, was badly depressed when I lost my mum.

NOW MEDICAL HISTORY, I am ssssssssh myself

should I speak to my gp

I am so confused,

what does he write

Can I go to new gp what
    you're either not writing very coherently or im not lucid. either way i cant answer your question sorry

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.