Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can someone doing M1 quickly confirm if i need to memorise the SUVAT equations or if i will get them in the exam??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millerman)
    Can someone doing M1 quickly confirm if i need to memorise the SUVAT equations or if i will get them in the exam??
    I think they're provided on the data sheet. They were when I did it apparently, but I'd learnt them anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    Yes! How is the application business going?
    Sent off my application yesterday, now it's the waiting game!
    I'm just worried my personal statement wasn't very good - I had my Head of Sixth Form read it and she said it was good but I can't help but feel that I haven't used my 2000 characters effectively enough I used all but one of them haha
    How's it going for you? What have/are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    also is it worth applying to the oxford summer schools if I'm looking to apply to them next year?

ReputationRep:
    Which board?? I'm doing Edexcel and apparently we don't get any formulae for M1 at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieB1997)
    Which board?? I'm doing Edexcel and apparently we don't get any formulae for M1 at all
    im AQA

ReputationRep:
    im AQA
    Ahh well then I have no idea :s sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k_slatch)
    Ahh cool, where else are you thinking of applying? You'll be okay self-teaching D1, it's pretty straight-forward so far
    QUB and Trinity College, Dublin are definites. A Scottish university is likely and one of Oxbridge - the other two I don't know!

Yeah I was really relieved it was easy; finished the book so will just work at questions from now until the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarcastic-sal)
    Sent off my application yesterday, now it's the waiting game!
    I'm just worried my personal statement wasn't very good - I had my Head of Sixth Form read it and she said it was good but I can't help but feel that I haven't used my 2000 characters effectively enough I used all but one of them haha
    How's it going for you? What have/are you applying for?
    I wouldn't worry!
    Only starting to structure mine now, getting things together that I'm going to write in it, so early days yet! I'm going to apply for Maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I think they're provided on the data sheet. They were when I did it apparently, but I'd learnt them anyway.
    I've just found the specification online and it says you get a formulae booklet but the SUVAT equations are not included

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IsthatmaryX)
    Ohh great! Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you guys going to the SOAS one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Naw That'd be great, hopefully I'm not awkward enough to have a decent conversation with people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaddyCompson)
    Hi, I've been lurking on TSR for years but finally decided to make an account.

I'm doing ASs in English Literature (WJEC), French (Edexcel), History and Classical Greek (both OCR)

Thanks for putting it on, it must take so much time putting everyone's name on
    Welcome!! I'm Jennifer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leechayy)
    So sorry for replying late again ermm just D1 and M1 - I don't do FP1 until A2 alongside FP2 and others :')
    No problem! And sounds fun

ReputationRep:
    im AQA
    We do not get them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarcastic-sal)
    Anyone applying for the Oxford UNIQ summer schools?
    I plan on doing so. I didn't realise how hard it would be to write a personal statement though! I find it slightly odd that they ask for a personal statement, really, considering Cambridge's Masterclasses don't require one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jellie88)
    No problem! And sounds fun
    M1 sounds more fun than D1 - D1 is agonisingly boring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsjmcgrath)
    I plan on doing so. I didn't realise how hard it would be to write a personal statement though! I find it slightly odd that they ask for a personal statement, really, considering Cambridge's Masterclasses don't require one.
    are the masterclasses the things that cost £10 and are for just one day?

ReputationRep:
    are the masterclasses the things that cost £10 and are for just one day?
    Err... Yes, you are right there. My bad.

I genuinely didn't know that UNIQ was for a week! That actually makes things a little easier though, should I manage to get a place, because travel to Oxford or Cambridge for just one day would be a little hard to manage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Newcomers please quote me if you wish to be added )
    sorry to be a pain! French, chem, physics, maths and further maths All AQA

ReputationRep:
    The personal statement isn't too bad once you get going, it's just starting that's difficult!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.