The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone. Hope you all have good starts to your days today :smile: You probably won't remember me but I made a number of posts a few weeks back about how I was having a horrendous time at uni as a fresher. In the end I was so desperately miserable and hated the course so much that I dropped out. I don't regret my decision and I've been feeling better since I left, but having a really really down day for no reason today :frown: What types of things help you guys to cheer up?

--> rethink it all logically and make a plan of action
--> friends
--> small achievements (tidy room, good meals, bakery, sport)
--> watching feeling good movies
Poncho: maybe TLG is so awesome that she is great at discerning awesomeness in others, and thus can rightfully bestow the title of AWESOME upon them, including a certain Poncho who is certainly awesome? :p:

:ninja:

Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone. Hope you all have good starts to your days today :smile: You probably won't remember me but I made a number of posts a few weeks back about how I was having a horrendous time at uni as a fresher. In the end I was so desperately miserable and hated the course so much that I dropped out. I don't regret my decision and I've been feeling better since I left, but having a really really down day for no reason today :frown: What types of things help you guys to cheer up?

Glad you have been feeling a bit better since you left uni :hugs: Nathanielle is right about small achievements. Just try and find joy in the little things of life.

In addition to watching feel good movies, you should make a feel good playlist on iTunes :yep:
Reply 8602
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Poncho: maybe TLG is so awesome that she is great at discerning awesomeness in others, and thus can rightfully bestow the title of AWESOME upon them, including a certain Poncho who is certainly awesome? :p:

:ninja:

Glad you have been feeling a bit better since you left uni :hugs: Nathanielle is right about small achievements. Just try and find joy in the little things of life.

In addition to watching feel good movies, you should make a feel good playlist on iTunes :yep:

The film 'Yes Man'! It never fails in cheering me up, plus it causes me to say yes a little more often for about a day after watching it haha :h:

How are you anyway? I haven't spoken to you in a while and well I kinda just wanted to say hi :grin:
Original post by IDukem
The film 'Yes Man'! It never fails in cheering me up, plus it causes me to say yes a little more often for about a day after watching it haha :h:

How are you anyway? I haven't spoken to you in a while and well I kinda just wanted to say hi :grin:

I've never heard of it, let alone seen it! Maybe I need to educate myself :ninja:

I'm OK thanks - physically ill with an infection that makes me feel like absolute ****, but otherwise OK thanks. How are you? :smile:
Reply 8604
I've never heard of it, let alone seen it! Maybe I need to educate myself :ninja:

I'm OK thanks - physically ill with an infection that makes me feel like absolute ****, but otherwise OK thanks. How are you? :smile:

The film has Jim Carrey, Zooey Deschanel and Bradley Cooper in it. It's a lovely film to be honest but alternatively there's a book of the same name which the film is based on :smile:

Everyone seems to be having infections recently!! Some of my family has had ear infections due to the cold winds and rain. I'm glad you're feeling okay though :h:

I'm feeling all right I guess. Somethings are overwhelming and a real struggle, but I feel like I need to change my lifestyle a bit. Not for other people, but really for myself I guess...like running or something because then i'll be by myself and outside all rolled into one :redface:
Original post by IDukem

I'm feeling all right I guess. Somethings are overwhelming and a real struggle, but I feel like I need to change my lifestyle a bit. Not for other people, but really for myself I guess...like running or something because then i'll be by myself and outside all rolled into one :redface:

Running :afraid: I asked my GP today to refer me to a gym that's nearer my home, so hopefully I might somehow get some kinda motivation to exercise from somewhere :ninja:
Reply 8606
Running :afraid: I asked my GP today to refer me to a gym that's nearer my home, so hopefully I might somehow get some kinda motivation to exercise from somewhere :ninja:

I pick a great time to try running though when it's the wet,cold and windy season :lol: I tell you one thing though, when I was using a gym on a day where everything and everyone was making me upset/angry n'all, I got soooo much motivation and adrenaline that I managed to row and cycle longer than I usually did :smile:
Obviously some people are different and channelling all the negative emotions you feel into exercise might not work or be beneficial for people, but that instance it really did for me. I felt so much better afterwards cause I used up all my emotions and got tired really quickly and didn't think about bad things as much :smile:
Original post by IDukem
I pick a great time to try running though when it's the wet,cold and windy season :lol: I tell you one thing though, when I was using a gym on a day where everything and everyone was making me upset/angry n'all, I got soooo much motivation and adrenaline that I managed to row and cycle longer than I usually did :smile:
Obviously some people are different and channelling all the negative emotions you feel into exercise might not work or be beneficial for people, but that instance it really did for me. I felt so much better afterwards cause I used up all my emotions and got tired really quickly and didn't think about bad things as much :smile:

I'm sure it would do all the good things you say. It's just, I'm really lazy. Possibly the laziest woman on the planet :ninja:

Spoiler

Original post by Noodlzzz

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK! :biggrin:

Holiday was awesome, as was coming back home again. :h:

Hope everyone's well. :smile:
Original post by superwolf

:woo: glad you had a good time :yep:
We missed youuuu

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
:woo: glad you had a good time :yep:
We missed youuuu

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! :hugs: I asked Rob how things had been online and he said your posts were sounding more positive recently - was really pleased to hear it. :smile:

:hi:
:hi:

:hi: :hi:

Hope your holiday was awesome too!
:hi: :hi:

Hope your holiday was awesome too!

Twas indeed. There was lots of lobster and sisterly bonding involved :colone: NYC was pretty epic too. We saw Annie on Broadway, which was really nice. And ate even more lobster. I'm all lobstered out tbh :colondollar:
Twas indeed. There was lots of lobster and sisterly bonding involved :colone: NYC was pretty epic too. We saw Annie on Broadway, which was really nice. And ate even more lobster. I'm all lobstered out tbh :colondollar:

:five: Glad you had a great time too.

:lol: I ate probably about the same amount of cured ham as you did lobster. Went round all these tiny Spanish villages where all they sold was carpets and ham - there was even a 'ham experience' where you could go round the massive butcher's, watch a whole video about ham, and then visit the ham shop at the end. Brought my sister back some ham at the end of the holiday - she asked if I wanted some, and I said no ****ing way! :tongue:
Hey! :hugs: I asked Rob how things had been online and he said your posts were sounding more positive recently - was really pleased to hear it. :smile:

Guess they have been, currently falling apart due to a mixture of not wanting a birthday, an upset rory, missing my family and a million and 1 other things :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
Guess they have been, currently falling apart due to a mixture of not wanting a birthday, an upset rory, missing my family and a million and 1 other things :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: What is it you don't want about your birthday? If you don't want people making a fuss of you, you could try telling them that, and ask to just be given one or two small presents and give the money they would have spent to charity or something. If it's the growing older, I'm afraid I can't help there! :tongue: Hope Rory feels better soon - if you/he wanna talk you can always PM me. :smile: Do your family have skype? I talk to my sister regularly, which I find is almost as good as seeing her.
:hugs: What is it you don't want about your birthday? If you don't want people making a fuss of you, you could try telling them that, and ask to just be given one or two small presents and give the money they would have spent to charity or something. If it's the growing older, I'm afraid I can't help there! :tongue: Hope Rory feels better soon - if you/he wanna talk you can always PM me. :smile: Do your family have skype? I talk to my sister regularly, which I find is almost as good as seeing her.

Im scared my dads not even gonna give me a card this year, which i know sounds pathetic but i dunno. And my sister forgot due to baby brain and i just feel lonely even though i have rory :s-smilie:

My mum does but shes always busy, im phoning my sister tomorrow and she keeps sending photos of her baby, but i want cuddles from him :s-smilie:

Just feeling very lonely and pretty **** :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest