The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Brand new thread :bigsmile: 500 new pages to fill with support :h:

Thanks to bullettheory for providing me with the quote list :yes:

Nervous about going to the doctor regarding your mental health?

Use this great tool here to help you prepare :smile: Thanks to River Shadow for finding this website.

Just a quick message from the mods:

We all want TSR, and especially the Mental Health Support Society to be a safe place for users to get support and constructive, helpful advice. We do not want anyone to get triggered or feel worse as a result of posts on the site, whether that would be a response to your post, or a separate post made by another user. It is for this reason that we have rules relating to self harm and suicide discussion.

Please note that our current policy is that any discussion of suicide or self-harm is not permitted, whether that's writing about contemplating it, or discussing methods. We also cannot allow code words to get around the suicide/self-harm discussion ban. It is important to note that this includes anything written in spoiler tags. Please also remember that posts that do not directly mention self harm or suicide, but imply or hint about it, may also be triggering for users.

The reasons for this policy are:

- We are not professionally trained to deal with serious, potentially dangerous issues like this. We feel that directing people to appropriate help is safer than posting on TSR about it.

- Often messages about these types of feelings end up getting replies which are at best well-intentioned but unhelpful and at worst downright malicious. We would never want someone to be made to feel worse for posting about their feelings.

- There is a real risk of both triggering other users and increasing dangerous behaviour by allowing discussion of self-harm methods etc.

We do not want TSR to be seen to be a site which encourages or promotes self-harm.

Unfortunately, moderators are not able to monitor all posts in the site all the time, and therefore we rely on the report function to help us become aware of problematic posts. If you see a post about self harm, suicide or something that is triggering, please use the report function to bring it to our attention.

If you have any queries about moderation, please make a thread in Ask a Health & Relationships Moderator, and a moderator will reply to you as soon as possible.

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wahoo! :woo:
Reply 2
You know it wasn't actually me who set out that policy :tongue: I was only a user when it was introduced, one of the supermods asked if they could edit it into my opening post when I started the thread. There is today's history lesson :h:
(edited 10 years ago)
Hello people :biggrin:
Reply 4
Hellooooooooooo!!! 😬
Original post by Idle
You know it wasn't actually me who set out that policy :tongue: I was a user when it was introduced, one of the supermods asked if they could edit into my opening post when I started the thread. There is today's history lesson :h:

Whenever someone says supermods, I always imagine regular mods donning something akin to a Batman suit..don't know why I'm bothering telling you all this.. :eek2:
:danceboy:
Hello everyone!! ^_________^

Original post by 05autyt
I cant cope anymore. I dont know what to do. I wanted to get better but waiting for the CMHT to get back to me has made me give up. I cant do this on my own and I dont have anyone :frown: And I'm pretty sure the sertraline isnt working but i dont want to tell the doctor that... I dont feel like I can even talk to him. He knows about depression and stuff related to that but nothing about ED stuff because I dont know how to speak about it .. and yeah I dont know why I'm posting waahing again when theres people in much worse situations I just feel so awful and desperate and scared.
It scares me that I do these things to myself. I never thought I would be that person. And it scares me how desperate I'm getting. I just want a way out :frown:

Have you got a crisis team you can call? I got referred to them because I suffer from psychosis, but you can self refer if you want some extra support. They're much faster than CMHT in my experience, and give more intensive support if you need it. Even if you just need somebody to talk to, they're really really good. They can usually do home visits as well if you need a bit of extra support.

Have you tried writing things down? I don't know, it might sound stupid but it always helps me to say what I want to to my doctor. That way you can always just show them the notes you've written if you find you're struggling to say it out loud?

How long have you been on the sertraline? If it's any consolation, it did nothing for me. Psychiatry takes quite a while to get right, in my experience. I've been on more drugs than I can count now, but I'm finally on a combination that work for me. It took months and months, but it was worth persevering. So I know it's really hard, but don't be scared to admit that it just isn't working, because that isn't to say that nothing will work for you.

I really hope you're feeling a bit better soon! :hugs:

EDIT: Just remembered I have to have a blood test tomorrow because of my medication. I know it's necessary and I know I'm being silly yada yada but I'm so upset and worried about it!! Blood tests always make my anxiety levels sky-high, I'm so squeamish and I hate hospitals and I'm not even allowed to take any of my diazepam beforehand!! Not looking forward to this at all. Totally not going to sleep well tonight... D:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Whenever someone says supermods, I always imagine regular mods donning something akin to a Batman suit..don't know why I'm bothering telling you all this.. :eek2:

The reason we are purple is when modding we must be wearing a purple suit, supers get to wear a superman costume.

I should actually refer to them as Section Leaders now :tongue: Although I always forget :moon: Anyway my excuse is I was using the accurate title from the time :colondollar:
Reply 9
Hi, biiig old quote list there. Is it in spoilers or is it just that my phone can't see them? Just woke up from a nap so I'm not all together with it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ANONYM00SE
Wahoo! :woo:

we used to sing badger badger badger mushroom mushroom QUIFFFFFFF to my old maths teacher cos she had a mushroom haircute, and her fringe always quiffed because she had no style :ninja:

also hooray for new thread. and i still got away with not doing a speech in the last thread :colone:
Yay - new thread :biggrin:
Hello all :smile: How are we doing today? Caffeine poisoning is always fantastic..*groan*..
Reply 13
:wavey:

Got nothin' to say just want to be subbed.
Reply 14
Original post by Mouse Potato
Hello everyone!! ^_________^

Have you got a crisis team you can call? I got referred to them because I suffer from psychosis, but you can self refer if you want some extra support. They're much faster than CMHT in my experience, and give more intensive support if you need it. Even if you just need somebody to talk to, they're really really good. They can usually do home visits as well if you need a bit of extra support.

Have you tried writing things down? I don't know, it might sound stupid but it always helps me to say what I want to to my doctor. That way you can always just show them the notes you've written if you find you're struggling to say it out loud?

How long have you been on the sertraline? If it's any consolation, it did nothing for me. Psychiatry takes quite a while to get right, in my experience. I've been on more drugs than I can count now, but I'm finally on a combination that work for me. It took months and months, but it was worth persevering. So I know it's really hard, but don't be scared to admit that it just isn't working, because that isn't to say that nothing will work for you.

I really hope you're feeling a bit better soon! :hugs:

I dont know if I have a crisis team, but I dont really want to call them because my grandparents who I live with think I'm getting better and I dont want to worry them or let them down.. I think I'm going to have to write it down but its just terrifying .. Even thinking about it makes me completely panicky .. I'm just a mess atm, feel completely stupid and worthless. Doesnt help that I've probably driven all of my friends away .. none of them speak to me any more.. Mind you some of them didnt understand and were just like 'just get a grip' and 'just eat!' which didnt help and made me feel like more of a pathetic failure. But others were helpful and amazing, especially my best friend but she seems to have gone. I guess she gave up. I dont blame her. I think I have too. I think I've been on the sertraline almost 2 months now and I dont feel any better. Last time I saw my doctor I didnt speak at all apart from answering yes and no to a few simple questions and he was like the tablets must be working because youre brighter. I dont feel brighter and he literally saw me for 5 mins .. but I dont want to question him :/ I guess I have trouble speaking at all when I'm with him. Its hard to talk about anyway but it doesnt help that Ive always been anxious of doctors and hospitals since I was little.
Thank you for replying it means a lot. Dont know what I would have done without this thread recently!
Anon. no. 1 from the last thread. :wavey:
Original post by Anonymous
Anon. no. 1 from the last thread. :wavey:

And 3rd thread in a row where I'm Anon. No. 1... :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by PonchoKid
we used to sing badger badger badger mushroom mushroom QUIFFFFFFF to my old maths teacher cos she had a mushroom haircute, and her fringe always quiffed because she had no style :ninja:

also hooray for new thread. and i still got away with not doing a speech in the last thread :colone:

Hahahahaha poor maths teacher :tongue:
Tut tut tut
----------
OPENING
SPEECH
FROM PONCHO!
(edited 10 years ago)
Must change sleep pattern, at least its constant but going to bed around the 5am mark every day for last 2 weeks.
:worm:

Latest