TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Notts or Manchester
    Deffo Notts!

Their econ department is top notch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Notts or Manchester
    What's your firm? I'll be applying to Manchester next/this year.

ReputationRep:
    I still feel weird about firming Nottingham over Durham... Durham is supposed to be better for physics but I just really did not like the feel of it anywhere near as much as Nottingham.

I don't know why I feel almost bad about it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    I still feel weird about firming Nottingham over Durham... Durham is supposed to be better for physics but I just really did not like the feel of it anywhere near as much as Nottingham.

Never, ever, choose somewhere you don't like the idea of. You'd set yourself up for failure and would thus cancel all the perceived benefits.

Nottingham's physics department is extremely strong anyway - not much of an issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)

I felt the same way about firming King's over UCL. But just go with where you like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binarythoughts)
    I felt the same way about firming King's over UCL. But just go with where you like.
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Never, ever, choose somewhere you don't like the idea of. You'd set yourself up for failure and would thus cancel all the perceived benefits.

Nottingham's physics department is extremely strong anyway - not much of an issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I didn't make the decision without being 100%, visited both unis twice to make sure, but Nottingham just felt right... Hope they get back to me on accommodation soon though!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Been aaaaaaaaages since I poked my nose in here How is everyone? Up to much over Easter?

University wise, I ended up with four offers to study veterinary medicine (lolwut) from Edinburgh, the Royal Veterinary College, Bristol and Liverpool. I'm grateful for all of them but I think I'll be firming Ed, 'cause it's awesome for exotic animal medicine (what I want to do), plus the city is lovely. Insurance will either be RVC or Bris. I prefer RVC but Bris offered me AAB conditions due to going to a particularly crappy school so that is sorely tempting...

Anyway, I'm on a train right now, off to Wales to spend the week lambing :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: Mock grades will suffer for it but c'mon, you can't argue with lil' baby sheepsies

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    What's your firm? I'll be applying to Manchester next/this year.
    Warwick!(for Economics)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    Been aaaaaaaaages since I poked my nose in here How is everyone? Up to much over Easter?

University wise, I ended up with four offers to study veterinary medicine (lolwut) from Edinburgh, the Royal Veterinary College, Bristol and Liverpool. I'm grateful for all of them but I think I'll be firming Ed, 'cause it's awesome for exotic animal medicine (what I want to do), plus the city is lovely. Insurance will either be RVC or Bris. I prefer RVC but Bris offered me AAB conditions due to going to a particularly crappy school so that is sorely tempting...

Anyway, I'm on a train right now, off to Wales to spend the week lambing :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: Mock grades will suffer for it but c'mon, you can't argue with lil' baby sheepsies

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Woop! 4 vet offers is so sick, congratulations!! You've been on these threads for years so it's fab to see you've got all your offers - deffo insure Bristol though, the city is beaut

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations LTC!! Have you finished watching Parasyte? The ethics in it probably really resonates with you since you want to be a vet :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Amazing!!!!! Well done woooooo

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations! And hey, maybe I'll see you in Edinburgh come September

Also, has everyone broken up for Easter already? We still have another week and it feels kind of like we are the only area that's doing that.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by emcat)

Also, has everyone broken up for Easter already? We still have another week and it feels kind of like we are the only area that's doing that.
    I haven't. We have another week, then 2 weeks off, a week back and study leave begins after that. My first exam is on 5th of May and my last is the 22nd.

Obviously, I'm in Scotland so it will be different.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emcat)

Easter holiday for me now, 3 weeks :cool:

Let the Easter grind begin :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Easter holiday for me now, 3 weeks :cool:

Let the Easter grind begin :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Snap (for 3 weeks)! Was in need of this

Crashed yesterday big time, I am so dead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    I haven't. We have another week, then 2 weeks off, a week back and study leave begins after that. My first exam is on 5th of May and my last is the 22nd.

Obviously, I'm in Scotland so it will be different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really? I have another week, two weeks off and then three weeks back before study leave begins. And it's absolutely terrifying now that I see it written out like that.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well done that's insane !!!!

(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Snap (for 3 weeks)! Was in need of this

Crashed yesterday big time, I am so dead
    Did you hear from St Andrews in the end ?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi!! Wales is great, I'm here ;-)
    Congratulations on your offers! I'm off to the theatre later but other than that I'm not doing much at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahiscool)
    well done that's insane !!!!

Did you hear from St Andrews in the end ?
    Rejected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Rejected
    oh well :lol:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.