The Student Room Group

AQA Sociology Unit 1 17/05 & Unit 2 23/05 - Official Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nc_x
There's a research method section one question worth 4 marks and one question worth 16 marks and the rest of the questions are on families an households

How would you structure the research methods question? And how long should it be

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hairhelp
the neo conventional family is the modern nuclear family - similar to the symmetrical family but just has a different name really

it just basically means that the nuclear family has the same structure but the roles within the family have changed - e.g. it's more equal now than it was before according to some functionalists (I think!)

Also the fact that women and men have joint/shared conjugal roles so there is equality in the relationship rather than the traditional n/f where the women and men take specific roles

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any predictions for the education repeat tomorrow??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Workangel_24
Our teacher told us to use PERVERT when structuring the 16m essay and I would write about 4 paragraphs

What's the 'PERVERT' method?
Original post by Sstudent25

Original post by purplebecca98
Anyone evaluating research methods my teacher taught us PERVERTPractical- time, money, training, requirements of funding bodies etc.Ethics- consent, deception, protection from harm, confidentiality etc.Reliable- Is it replicable/repeatable?Valid- Is it an accurate picture of society?Evidence- Any studies which have used this method?Representative- Is it the same result for all members of the population?Theoretical- Positivist or Interprevist?

PERVERT^^
anyone else last minute cramming?
Praying for a 20 marker on theories. Please Lord let it be true !! 😫😫😫😫

Also, how do you structure a 4 marker? (Research methods)
good luck for tomorrow guys - I won't be posting until after the exam :smile: I hope it will go alright, and as since I can barely remember any sociologists I really hope demography will come up..

Spoiler

Original post by chelseatrafford
anyone else last minute cramming?

Yes me!! 😂😂😂
Anyone else give up?? ME
Good luck y'all lets all take one for the team and fail ! Love low grade boundaries
Reply 910
Cramming so much rn :frown: what are the consequences of an ageing population guys?
Original post by Nc_x
Cramming so much rn :frown: what are the consequences of an ageing population guys?

increased pressure on welfare, as old people need to be cared for, eg NHS
Also, burden upon the dependency ratio, more people working to pay for welfare
I can't remember many sociologists, what are the mains for each section, like one or two... Gonna cry now fgs, two exams on the same day
i have came to accept my inevitable failure😀
Right. my crammings done hopefully - goodnight :smile:
tomorrow I will find out if sleeping on my sociology textbook will help me remember the information.
Original post by Sstudent25

Practical
Ethical
Representative
Valid
Examples
Reliability
Theoretical
I don't think demography would appear. It appeared last year and it was on the ageing population. I'm honestly hoping for childhood or divorce lol I know more theorists in these topics

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jasmine149
I don't think demography would appear. It appeared last year and it was on the ageing population. I'm honestly hoping for childhood or divorce lol I know more theorists in these topics

Posted from TSR Mobile

no it didnt tho?

last year childhood & social policy came up
They wont put demography before the therioes essay, it will be theories or couples.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending