The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 1 PHYA1 20th May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
Original post by Seth James
I got that as well, did you do V/I=R then add 5000 to it and then do 90000-Ans

It's 30000 (5000/10000+X)*6=0.75
Reply 1101
I actually really liked this paper in the end but then again everybody seemed to, so I'm guessing the grade boundaries will probably be high. Do you think it will be around 50 for a B and 55 for an A?
Original post by Mr.Suhk
You dont add internal resistance- it said what is the total resistance of the circuit; this refers to the resistors not the battery itself so it is irrelevant

I added the internal resistance, surely the battery is part of the circuit? :confused:
Reply 1103
Original post by GeneralOJB
You had to add the internal resistance as well.

My problem was that I thought the resistance of the circuit meant the 'load resistance', not the 'internal resistance' of the battery'.

My bad, I guess I'd achieve one mark for showing that I worked out the resistance of the parallel combination?
How was the photon and W+ boson different?

I said the photon is the exchange particle in electromagnetic interactions, and W+ was the exchange particle in weak interactions but I had no idea :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by g.k.galloway
I added the internal resistance, surely the battery is part of the circuit? :confused:

Fair point... but typically you don't :confused: I thought it was a trick question anyway...

The battery supplies a certain amount of voltage to the circuit, so internal resistance already taken into consideration.

I'm not sure though... but that's how I thought of it
Reply 1106
No i agree with you, the internal resistance should be irrelevant

I added the internal resistance too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by x-Sophie-x

I said the photon is the exchange particle in electromagnetic interactions, and W+ was the exchange particle in weak interactions but I had no idea :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote the exact same thing
Reply 1109

Yeah, so did I. If you don't include the internal resistance when calculating total resistance, it's the first I've heard of it.
Is the paper out of 70 or 72 btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1111
How high will the grade boundaries be in your opinion?
54/55 for an A or higher?
Reply 1112

Posted from TSR Mobile

w+ is charged/ it has rest mass

Posted from TSR Mobile

Photon = infinite range, w = limited range but what you said is right too
Reply 1114

Posted from TSR Mobile

This was actually quite simple. I just said the W boson has mass but the photon doesn't. Alternatively you could have said the W boson is charged but the photon is not charged.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put the boson had a charge :confused: Or is that wrong...aaahhh I don't know
Reply 1116
Found the paper really easy so I'm guessing grade boundaries will be really high unfortunately.

Do you think 70 marks will be 120 UMS or will it be lower nonetheless, like 66+?
Reply 1117
I didn't include the internal resistance, as I thought the resistance of the circuit meant the load resistance (i.e, the resistance of the external components).
Reply 1118
I put the boson had a charge :confused: Or is that wrong...aaahhh I don't know

Yeah boson has charge, mass and short range (photon has infinite range)
Reply 1119
Is the paper out of 70 or 72 btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The paper is out of 70. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending