Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by jill800)
    Congrats! Do you mind me asking what your gcse and a level grades are and when you sent off your application? I applied for English and philosophy on 5th November but was expecting to wait until next year
    I know it's not the same because you applied for joint honours but I applied for philosophy and got my offer on the 4th of December. So, (assuming the philosophy department is involved in reviewing your application and the English department doesn't take too long) you should receive an offer soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    I know it's not the same because you applied for joint honours but I applied for philosophy and got my offer on the 4th of December. So, (assuming the philosophy department is involved in reviewing your application and the English department doesn't take too long) you should receive an offer soon!
    Oh that's good to hear! Quite reassuring, thank you also congrats on your offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by jill800)
    Oh that's good to hear! Quite reassuring, thank you also congrats on your offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww thank you - hope you get yours soon!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received an offer for pure English yet? Well done to all those with offers already!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGN)
    Has anyone received an offer for pure English yet? Well done to all those with offers already!!
    Hey, yeah I've got an offer for straight English

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone not received any other emails from Durham besides the acknowledgement email? Kinda worried as they haven't sent me anything like the email mentions in previous posts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PunkyCupcake)
    I've applied for international relations.
    I'm the last one to hear, all my friends have their offers already

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've applied for international relations too! still waiting, fingers crossed we hear soon from them!

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for International Relations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PunkyCupcake)
    Still waiting for International Relations

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you mind me asking what your grades are like? I'm still waiting too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by na1198ch)
    Do you mind me asking what your grades are like? I'm still waiting too
    GCSE 9A* 2A
    AS: AAA (one Pre-U)
    Predicted: A* A and D2 (A*) in Pre-U

You?

Durham will be my likely firm so I'm praying

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone else still waiting for a biomedical sciences response??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty98)
    anyone else still waiting for a biomedical sciences response??
    I am!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It seems to me that the english department has vanished into oblivion. RIP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrotskyiteRebel)
    It seems to me that the english department has vanished into oblivion. RIP
    Same as the IR lot

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does anyone know which exact date we should start being allocated colleges? I received an email saying that for applicants who have received an offer by the 1st of February, college allocations begin in February and should be over by the 1st March.

I'm really hoping that means that the 1st Feb is the earliest day that I could receive a college allocation but I'm suspicious that they may start later in Feb. Can't deal with this anticipation! Just want to know if I got Castle (though I'm sure I didn't since only 1/20 do...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    Does anyone know which exact date we should start being allocated colleges? I received an email saying that for applicants who have received an offer by the 1st of February, college allocations begin in February and should be over by the 1st March.

I'm really hoping that means that the 1st Feb is the earliest day that I could receive a college allocation but I'm suspicious that they may start later in Feb. Can't deal with this anticipation! Just want to know if I got Castle (though I'm sure I didn't since only 1/20 do...)
    There is no specific date, although allocations are released in batches that depend on how early you applied.

(Original post by cerlohee)
    There is no specific date, although allocations are released in batches that depend on how early you applied.
    Thanks got my offer on the 4th of December so hopefully I will be in one of the earlier batches

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting on an offer for MMath (European Studies). Was really hoping to hear earlier than this as Durham is my first choice. Has anyone got an offer for this course yet? My grades are
    GCSE: 11 A*s
    AS: 4As
    Predicted: 4A*s
    I also applied for Cambridge and so my UCAS has been in since early October, I'm a bit worried because I've heard Durham are reluctant to give offers to people they think have applied to Oxbridge. Is there any truth in this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhamill864)
    Still waiting on an offer for MMath (European Studies). Was really hoping to hear earlier than this as Durham is my first choice. Has anyone got an offer for this course yet? My grades are
    GCSE: 11 A*s
    AS: 4As
    Predicted: 4A*s
    I also applied for Cambridge and so my UCAS has been in since early October, I'm a bit worried because I've heard Durham are reluctant to give offers to people they think have applied to Oxbridge. Is there any truth in this?
    None whatsoever. They don't even know that you applied to oxbridge, they can't see which other unis you applied for. No idea why people still believe that nonsense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.