The Student Room Group

What do you think happens after death?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I'd like to believe that there is something after death, but I really don't know what to believe
You rot in some mud and wait to be forgotten about :biggrin:
decomposition
Reply 103
Original post by Sithius
This wouldn't be TSR unless members were treating their own opinion as fact.

It's no different really to religious faith. No proof but people feel they know anyway.

It wouldn't be TSR without kids dropping snappy little comments into threads in which people have been specifically asked what they think. Next time I'll be sure to provide statistics.
Reply 104
You rot obv.

Although I do believe in reincarnation (even if it's on another planet that has life), but you wouldn't remember in anything.

Oblivion doesn't really add up for me, because if you're brain doesn't work you won't be able to see black/nothing when you're dead.
Original post by bunty64
many people (from various cultures) have experienced the near death experience and all generally have a simialr experience. There are some who believe in the soul and its existence, cite the experiences of such individuals as justification of the beliefs (apart from their religous beliefs)

Just a nit-picking point here. People who have had Near-Death Experiences know what it is like to be dying, not what it's like to be dead.
Reply 107
Original post by RadioElectric
Just a nit-picking point here. People who have had Near-Death Experiences know what it is like to be dying, not what it's like to be dead.

there are some cases where the individual is clinically dead (albeit for a short period of time)and "come back from the dead" ......... it is the closest to being dead and coming back...
Reply 108
Original post by Converse
Nah, was just wondering why you would post that, instead of not posting. It wasn't really worthwhile now, was it?

aha i get what you mean, i dont think i really got the point of the thread tbh
gutting :frown:
I have no theories or ideas, but I'm pretty curious to find out.
You die and then worms eat your brain.

The sad truth is that if you spend your life pondering death, the afterlife, praying to a god and trying endlessly to win 'points' so that you can 'win' going to heaven or some other mythical place you've wasted your life. It's about making sure your time on this earth is worthwhile and enjoyable - we are such brief, tiny creatures. Our pointlessness is something we cannot comprehend, yet it adds to the eventual beauty of our lives - that they do indeed have no point but the one that we place on them.

For myself, life is the pursuit of happiness and that's the creed I choose to live by. And it does make me happy; and I am.
Original post by Soph1990
Everyone seems to have their own theories about this, none of my friends like my theory, which is basically you just die and nothing happens!
Whats your theory?

Same here. All this crap about afterlife is just made up by ppl with psychiatric issues who cant come 2 terms with the fact that their loved one is gone and no longer exists. I am not just being cynical coz I have had close relatives including my Mum die on me and I used 2 think she was in heaven but then i grew up and realised that whatever is left of her is buried in the graveyard and she is gone forever, upsetting as the truth may be its the truth and its no use living in a dream world.
Reply 112
I'd love to believe something happens after the big send off (cos it scares the heck out of me, the thought or just lying there for ever) . . . just find it really hard to believe the teachings of any religion.

I'm not gonna completely turn my back on religion just in case there is something.

I think the best thing anyone can do is live a good life and if there is some kind of judgement, they can't be rejected by any "God".
Nothing. My body is disposed of, it's atoms slowly recycled by the universe, and that's the end of that.
it might just be me but i'm really excited to see what really does happen after you die (if anything at all)...but you know most of us will be ****** if there is a god out there :rolleyes:
Best case scenario and the one I would like to believe : you die and you go to a better place possibly called "heaven"(?) where you meet all the beloved ones that died before you.

but I seriously doubt this really happen :P
You wake up and it's all a dream!
Reply 117
Original post by booksnob
It's no different really to religious faith. No proof but people feel they know anyway.

It wouldn't be TSR without kids dropping snappy little comments into threads in which people have been specifically asked what they think. Next time I'll be sure to provide statistics.

Kids? I'm probably older than you.

And this isn't about statistics. It's about an acknowledgement that you hold an opinion, not knowledge of truth.
Original post by Soph1990
Yeah it scares me too!

It's weird how dying scares people and not the thought that before we were born there was nothing (as I believe there will be once we die).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending