Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Johnny Depp: what's your opinions? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    Rather be a one-sided feminist than someone who thinks it's okay to beat their significant other in a relationship
    I don't think it's ok, never said it was. In this particular situation, I think SHE is a snake. I'm not on about the nonexistent okays of beating someone. I did however say her bruises don't look as bad as her exploitative claims. You think it's okay to be a backstabber, a traitor, a user, which is far more likely to happen in several daily issues in an average person's life. So your morals and general life outlook are very worrying and quite frankly I would be absolutely ok with you not quoting me again.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by 0to100)
    First off I didn't quote you. Second: Because I said long ago he needs to be held accountable, though I said he won't be held accountable for much, and overall she wants money instead of justice, so your repetition demanding I answer you when I already expressed this, was not only bad reading comprehension from you it was also antagonising, was it not?
    You may have a purple name but please do not antagonise other posters.
    Nope, just trying to get a clear answer given you've said you think he should be accountable, but continue to give off an impression to many others that you're an apologist for abuse (Which may or may not have occurred I might add).

And to put your mind at ease, given it's the main angle you've been expressing, if there were many demons/issues he had, then that would be reflected in any sentence. If they contributed, as you've said, then I agree he won't receive much of a punishment. If the court of law deems otherwise, he'll get a stricter punishment.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    If she knew what he was like then why did she marry him? I think the stage managed leaks to the press dont do her any favours.
    I've no idea, much like anyone else here, as to why she married him. Could be any reason (Again, I'll say it because people here are very jumpy, yes, it could've just been money!).

ReputationRep:
    First off I didn't quote you. Second: Because I said long ago he needs to be held accountable, though I said he won't be held accountable for much, and overall she wants money instead of justice, so your repetition demanding I answer you when I already expressed this, was not only bad reading comprehension from you it was also antagonising, was it not?
    You may have a purple name but please do not antagonise other posters.
    It's good that you agree he needs to be held accountable if found guilty, because your last 20 posts really do suggest the opposite

ReputationRep:
    I'm not attacking anyone..?
    Yea but your obtuseness is antagonistic and gets people caught in circular arguments with you. Just stop.

ReputationRep:
    Yea but your obtuseness is antagonistic and gets people caught in circular arguments with you. Just stop.
    Who is caught in an argument with me apart from you?

ReputationRep:
    if u defend johnny pleb then youre worser than him

ReputationRep:
    It's good that you agree he needs to be held accountable if found guilty, because your last 20 posts really do suggest the opposite
    No they don't, long ago I said to reachingforthestars if he's charged, he might be held accountable similarly to the average person, I just said he might not get that long in jail, especially since he didn't do severe damage to her unlike her statements. And that she wants his money. People here are priceless trying to get others to agree with them. Immature and desperate and I will never agree with you by stating the obvious that it's illegal to touch someone. My whole premise has been focusing on her being a disgusting person, and you desperately ignoring/failing to see that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    If she knew what he was like then why did she marry him? I think the stage managed leaks to the press dont do her any favours.
    When someone is really in love with someone at first, they try to push away their past. Most of us think we can change how someone acts but we can't.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Seriously how much money do you think she should get for a years marriage to him? Should she be set up for life.

Imo she should get no more than half the joint net earnings - living expenses for the period she was married to him.
    If she wnats to release pictures to the press and get her friends to leak stories and taxts they have been saving up then she needs to press charges, otherwise its just a smear campaign.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ho.odo)
    if u defend johnny pleb then youre worser than him
    "Pleb?" He's one of the richest people in the world. And Heard has literally said, "he's very wealthy and refuses to give me anything." Lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mero22)
    When someone is really in love with someone at first, they try to push away their past. Most of us think we can change how someone acts but we can't.
    She wasn't in love with him I bet

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's ok, never said it was. In this particular situation, I think SHE is a snake. I'm not on about the nonexistent okays of beating someone. I did however say her bruises don't look as bad as her exploitative claims. You think it's okay to be a backstabber, a traitor, a user, which is far more likely to happen in several daily issues in an average person's life. So your morals and general life outlook are very worrying and quite frankly I would be absolutely ok with you not quoting me again.
    She's not being charged for being a backstabber, a traitor, and a user. He, on the other hand, is being charged for domestic abuse. If he claims he was abused emotionally by her, then I'm all ears. I want them both to get what they deserve. You need to calm down.

ReputationRep:
    She's not being charged for being a backstabber, a traitor, and a user. He, on the other hand, is being charged for domestic abuse. If he claims he was abused emotionally by her, then I'm all ears. I want them both to get what they deserve. You need to calm down.
    I really need to know that you have better things to do today than bicker with me while you're clearly in the wrong as a human being.

She can't be tried for being a backstabber as far as my legal knowledge takes me, but she definitely will suffer for her disgusting deceitful actions in other ways.

ReputationRep:
    Are you Amber Heard?

ReputationRep:
    Opportunist?

ReputationRep:
    Are you Amber Heard?
    :rolleyes: seems more intellectuals have stepped into the room.

No darling I'm not, are you? And I've been defending Depp this entire time unregrettably so why'd you even ask is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrueDetective01)
    Opportunist?
    And only.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Well according to her press leaks he was like this a year before she married him. Why would you keep those texts if not to use at a later date?

It makes a large part of it look planned and calculated. It may be on the advice of her lawyer, but its done for money and to destrou his reputation.

If it was about justice then she would have gone to the police.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what the truth is and will reserve judgement until I see some convincing evidence (I dunno if there's been any yet, haven't been keeping tabs..) of either abuse or false claims

ReputationRep:
    And only.
    Career is going nowhere (could be wrong but I don't follow the entertainment business), age 30, looks fading, in a bad financial state (been living beyond means).

Isn't she also (secretly) married to another person, or something?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.