[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vogue2000)
    Sent my UCAS off last Friday, got unconditional from UoBirmingham today to do Modern Languages and Music so I think they're pretty quick!
    When did you receive your offer? Sent my application 12 days ago for Modern Languages and English at Birmingham and have had nothing

ReputationRep:
    Do offers EVER come over the weekend or is it absolutely never because most admissions people don't work on the weekends?

ReputationRep:
    Rumours yn gymraeg! It's the way of life here, it's terrible. Everyone knows everyone, like, you can't go out without knowing almost everyone you pass, as well as their whole life history hahaha
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    My sister went to Cardiff and all her north welsh friends said the same thing! One girl had to move unis to leave the rumors bc even though moving down south was away from north, everyone still knew her

ReputationRep:
    So man you of my friends have offers already. I've applied for medicine so I have a long wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJP98)
    Oh I'm from the North, nearer to Bangor but not that close, I am literally avoiding Wales like the plague. As soon as I finish school, I'm running away to somewhere that isn't full of racism, sheep and rumours!
    Ahahaha I've visited Wales several times, but always thought that was just a stereotype... Apart from the fact you do have more sheep than humans

ReputationRep:
    Sent off my UCAS application on Wednesday 😁 I thought I would feel relieved but I feel more anxious than ever!
    Kings - PPE
    Oxford - PPE
    Exeter - PPE
    Kings - War studies
    I have been predicted A*AA but still don't know if that will be good enough!
    I heard Exeter and Kings take forever to get back, is this true? Has anyone been invited for an interview at Kings yet?
    Congrats to all you offer holders!!!

ReputationRep:
    Do they give out offers over the weekend? Any unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richardhello)
    Not according to a TSR administrator on the Which? University guide

http://university.which.co.uk/advice...keep-your-head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BEARichards)
    When did you receive your offer? Sent my application 12 days ago for Modern Languages and English at Birmingham and have had nothing
    I got mine this afternoon - I really wouldn't worry as it might be that the English dept want to look at your ref/PS as well as admissions which could take time. Best of luck for when you do hear from them, could be any day now!! Is it your firm choice?

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle gave me an offer within 24 hours!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody have an idea how long it takes Liverpool to send out a receipt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atomix330)
    Anybody have an idea how long it takes Liverpool to send out a receipt?
    I applied yesterday morning and haven't had one yet, but have from all my other choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richardhello)
    You may receive emails - these are sent by automatic systems - but unless a Uni sends Friday's decisions to UCAS in the early hours of Saturday via another auto-system, no you wont get decisions over a weekend.

(So calm down and do some study)

ReputationRep:
    Got an email from Warwick saying they'd got my application at 10 o'clock on Wednesday (12th Oct), then an offer at 12. Got an offer from Bristol the day after . I think that gave me unrealistic expectations lol. I've been checking my emails ever five minutes waiting for the others!

ReputationRep:
    someone got an offer from UCL today

ReputationRep:
    Applied for:
    Oxford (Biology)
    QMUL (Biomed)
    Queen's Belfast (Biomed)
    Warwick (Biomed)
    Manchester (Biomed)

Got my QMUL offer today after 2 days! So happy about it

Do you if it possible to get an offer if my predicted grades lower than the entry requirements for pharmacy school !

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Computer Science at Cambridge/Warwick/St Andrews/Imperial/Bath on Wednesday and received an offer from Warwick tonight.

Pharmacy
    (Original post by banana222)
    what course??????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Newcastle gave me an offer within 24 hours!
    For what?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.