[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
Admissions Testing Service Exams Discussion Rules - Please read before posting! 02-11-2016

ReputationRep:
    Its making me worry that I barely have any acknowledgment emails let alone an offers yet. Is it just me who is still waiting for offers?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh everyone is applying already and I'm still struggling with which uni I should choose! I am predicted A*ABB but when I look at my list of uni I worry that I'm too ambitious? I feel like I'm aiming a bit high for my grades, can someone give me some pointers?

Here are the courses I'm thinking to apply for:
    - Durham PPE
    - Edinburgh politics and Econ
    - Warwick PPE
    - Kings PPE/ York PPE
    - Durham Liberal arts

basically most of the above has requirements for A*AA (York and liberal arts are AAA), but I know competition is fierce and people with much higher grades are applying for it. I'm not very confident about it, should I change anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie419)
    I got predicted A*A*A, sent my application in 3 weeks ago and still no offers :-( My friend who is predicted AAA got an offer from a Russell Group uni in a day. And she only put in her application last week
    If it's for biosciences....they need bums ion seats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fastturtleneck)
    Ahh everyone is applying already and I'm still struggling with which uni I should choose! I am predicted A*ABB but when I look at my list of uni I worry that I'm too ambitious? I feel like I'm aiming a bit high for my grades, can someone give me some pointers?

- Durham PPE
    - Warwick PPE
    - Kings PPE/ York PPE
    - Durham Liberal arts

basically most of the above has requirements for A*AA (York and liberal arts are AAA), but I know competition is fierce and people with much higher grades are applying for it. I'm not very confident about it, should I change anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The advice I was given was to take a very high choice (Oxford), three high (Manchester, St Andrews, Bristol), and one middling (Queen's Belfast)... that's with AAAA at AS, and predicted A*A*A*, although I don't know if they knew the predicted grades at the time! I imagine that advice could be consistent across the board... a very aspirational choice, 3 choices which either match your grades or are a bit higher (probably bit of both, to allow for significant improvement), and a safe option!

I don't know PPE at all, so that's all I can really say :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fastturtleneck)

- Durham PPE
    - Warwick PPE
    - Kings PPE/ York PPE
    - Durham Liberal arts

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think your choices are a bit risky. Maybe you can find a university that asks for AAB? But don't worry too much, last year my friend went to UCL with AAB but her offer was AAA.
    I personally adore York a lot, a very lovely place

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for rest of my decisions :/
    So frustrating 😂

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had offers for psychology from Birmingham, Nottingham, York, Manchester or Liverpool yet?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an offer from LSE yet? They said it would take 8 to 12 weeks for me. Got an offer from Queen Mary within 24 hrs for Actuarial Science!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimberlymegsx)
    Has anyone had offers for psychology from Birmingham, Nottingham, York, Manchester or Liverpool yet?
    I got an offer for psychology from Birmingham 11 days I applied. When did you submit your UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yusraali)
    I got an offer for psychology from Birmingham 11 days I applied. When did you submit your UCAS?
    Woo congrats! I only submitted it Friday haha I was just wondering how long I should expect to wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christie_xx)
    Woah it sounds like everyone else's teachers are being really stingy with the predicted grades! My teachers just predicted me 4 A*s, I didn't even have to bug them about it (at least not that much )
    But you got all Asright?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by etaggart542)
    The advice I was given was to take a very high choice (Oxford), three high (Manchester, St Andrews, Bristol), and one middling (Queen's Belfast)... that's with AAAA at AS, and predicted A*A*A*, although I don't know if they knew the predicted grades at the time! I imagine that advice could be consistent across the board... a very aspirational choice, 3 choices which either match your grades or are a bit higher (probably bit of both, to allow for significant improvement), and a safe option!

I don't know PPE at all, so that's all I can really say :-(
    Thanks! I was also advised to have 1-2 aspirational, 2 firm and at least 1 insurance uni choice. The courses I've mentioned are for the aspirational and firm choices. Im thinking of persuading my teacher to let me off with a A*AA at least. Gosh what I'd do to go back to last year and get better coursework grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grace_Cong1998)
    I think your choices are a bit risky. Maybe you can find a university that asks for AAB? But don't worry too much, last year my friend went to UCL with AAB but her offer was AAA.
    I personally adore York a lot, a very lovely place
    Don't worry, these aren't my 5 choices for UCAS. I'm hoping to maybe choose 3 out of these and then add a royal holloway or UEA behind them.

I'm going to ask my teacher nicely if he can change my economics from B to A, I think the reason I was predicted so low is because I never did his homework lol

Congrats to your friend! She must have written a very impressive personal statement! 🌟

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how long does leeds take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimberlymegsx)
    Woo congrats! I only submitted it Friday haha I was just wondering how long I should expect to wait.
    Thank you! I usually find that unis start replying after 10 days ish (based on my experience, I'm reapplying for UCAS again in my gap year.) but don't worry, hopefully you'll get offers rolling in soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yusraali)
    Thank you! I usually find that unis start replying after 10 days ish (based on my experience, I'm reapplying for UCAS again in my gap year.) but don't worry, hopefully you'll get offers rolling in soon
    Thanks for letting me know!

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about the others but Bournemouth gave me an offer the next day!
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Out of these choices which ones are the quickest with offers?

Nottingham
    Glasgow
    Liverpool
    Swansea
    Bournemouth

Princepieman

ReputationRep:
    Well for me deadline is january. I am applying to study law either with foundation year or not depends. Finished my personal statement and everything, since im applying through my sixth fom. I have to wait for my form tutor to write my reference and then upload it into my application. Then the head of my sixth form to approve of my application so it can get sent off.
    Cant wait for my ucas application to be sent off, so i can get offers.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got geography offer from anywhere yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjbeale)
    Anyone got geography offer from anywhere yet?
    Got an offer from Birmingham on Wednesday for Geography and German.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.