Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name the element named for a famous pyromaniac.

ReputationRep:
    The speediest element.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peter12345)
    The speediest element.
    helium?
    p=mv same energy same momentum less mass more speed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE)
    helium?
    p=mv same energy same momentum less mass more speed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope. Anything could have a higher speed than Helium. Speed depends on temperature as well.

Think mythology.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Anything could have a higher speed than Helium. Speed depends on temperature as well.

Think mythology.
    I think you're making this all up :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMaydom)
    I think you're making this all up :P
    Just because you don't know the answer doesn't mean my question is made up. Try harder. I'll improve the original clue.
    Speedy messages.

ReputationRep:
    Just because you don't know the answer doesn't mean my question is made up. Try harder. I'll improve the original clue.
    Speedy messages.
    Heyy I just clicked on the thread since Chemistry is my favourite subject, can I ask is the elemnt a halogen......

I dont have so much knowledge in Chemistry but Im just thinking is it a group 7 element

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aishag6)
    Heyy I just clicked on the thread since Chemistry is my favourite subject, can I ask is the elemnt a halogen......

I dont have so much knowledge in Chemistry but Im just thinking is it a group 7 element
    no

ReputationRep:
    Carbon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Think mythology.
    Mercury?

Only thing that comes to mind to do with mythology. I don't understand why it would be the speediest element though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exon)
    Mercury?

Only thing that comes to mind to do with mythology. I don't understand why it would be the speediest element though.
    Well done.

Mercury was known for his speed. The planet mercury is called that because it orbits the sun the quickest. The element is called that I presume because it's a fast flowing liquid at room temperature.

Ok next one

Wolf.

ReputationRep:
    What element was used to kill the aliens in the film Evolution
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It's time to revive this thread!

(Original post by Stannisbaratheon)
    What element was used to kill the aliens in the film Evolution
    I have never watched this film, but could it be that you meant Selenium ( I have read the plot)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    It's time to revive this thread!

I have never watched this film, but could it be that you meant Selenium ( I have read the plot)?
    yep
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stannisbaratheon)
    yep
    Fine! Its my turn! here is the clue:

This element belongs to the chalcogens (sixth main group). The discoverer of this element got a nobel prize in chemistry.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.