The Student Room Group

Who else is ****ting themselves for A2?!

Scroll to see replies

ME! I'm so so stressed over Psychology... I went to my tutor (who's also my Psychology teacher) in tears the other day... :frown: I'm predicted AAB (got ABC at AS but was 7UMS total off AAB) and need ABB for my dream University.

Never gonna happen :frown: Might as well just give up.
XD, if you like chemistry why not do pure chem or chem engineering
Original post by emiloujess
ME! I'm so so stressed over Psychology... I went to my tutor (who's also my Psychology teacher) in tears the other day... :frown: I'm predicted AAB (got ABC at AS but was 7UMS total off AAB) and need ABB for my dream University.

Never gonna happen :frown: Might as well just give up.

don't give up JUST BELIEVE,JUST DO IT XD
Original post by TheGuyWhoPhysics
don't give up JUST BELIEVE,JUST DO IT XD

Far far easier said than done. Psych is horrific and I know that's going to be the grade that stops me from getting into Cardiff.
I got CDDE in my first AS year <-------- started from the bottom
then switched subjects completely
then I ended up with A*AA(C) in A2
then went to a Russell group uni and have come out of my first year with a 2:1 <-------- now we're 'eh
(edited 8 years ago)
I got BCCD at AS
Predicted BBC at A2
And all the unis for my course require BBB-AAB minimum entry requirements
:cry2: i dont think i will get any offers
And i tried asking my teachers if they can change my predicted grades from Bs to As as i have been doing well in recent tests like getting high Bs in maths exam (only 3 marks off an A:angry: yet my teacher wouldnt change it)
And i got 88% in my most recent chem exam
And the annoying thing is that i know people who got worst grades than me in AS and they have been predicted higher than me like how on earth is that fair.

I am applying to pharmacy and pharmacology

Sorry for the mini rant
(edited 8 years ago)
you can get there if you just push yourself a little bit more, maybe change up your revision techniques or if you haven't see your teacher/tutor about how you can improve, don't just give up, if its your dream uni then push yourself to get there. don't stop writing or learning until your brain and hand explodes XD.
I have to get A*AA. So far the extent of my revision has been (finally) sorting through my piles and piles of notes that I should have kept in order from the start, and sticking up one solitary poster on my bedroom wall about glycolysis.

I guess you could say it's going well.

*screams internally*
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I got BCCD at AS
Predicted BBC at A2
And i tried asking my teqchers if they can change my predicted grades from Bs to As as i have been doing well in recent tests like getting high Bs in maths exam (only 3 marks off an A:angry: yet my teacher wouldnt change it)
And the annoying thing is that i know people who got worst grades than me in AS and they have been predicted higher than me like how on earth is that fair.

Sorry for the mini rant

if your teacher is giving people with lower grades higher prediction, you should get your parents involved, this could affect you getting into your wanted uni, especially with pharamcy being a popular course, more than likely it won't be in clearing
if your teacher is giving people with lower grades higher prediction, you should get your parents involved, this could affect you getting into your wanted uni, especially with pharamcy being a popular course, more than likely it won't be in clearing

Ok will get them involved :smile:

And my sixth form wants us to send it off by monday so i will have to get them involved ASAP!!! Thanks for the advice though :smile:
Original post by z33
oh bro it will come so fast
save yourself and get 4 As this year!!
*realises*
oh **** it's 100% at the end ain't it?! ... daym you got it tough D'X
stay on top of your **** and don't skip ANYTHING you don't understand

ANYTHING

good luck :3

Taking a little out of Physics time to reply.
Funnily enough, the two year course hasn't been spread out to all subjects so physics is the only one I do at the end of two years (unlike computing and maths).
I was just in parents eve yesterday and my Physics teacher was telling me I needed to do more revision outside of class.
Good luck you you as well.
Ok will get them involved :smile:

And my sixth form wants us to send it off by monday so i will have to get them involved ASAP!!! Thanks for the advice though :smile:

no worries happy to help
you can get there if you just push yourself a little bit more, maybe change up your revision techniques or if you haven't see your teacher/tutor about how you can improve, don't just give up, if its your dream uni then push yourself to get there. don't stop writing or learning until your brain and hand explodes XD.

easy to say but when i constantly struggle with one subject:economics...i feel liike shiz...also any tips on how not to get angry when my parents ask whether im revising or not since its annoying me
just tell look im doing the exam not you its up to me when i should or feel like revising.
I can just about keep up with the work for this year but all these monstrous courseworks (40 pages for bio and like 70 for chem) literally have me in tears AND I need to go over this years content AND revise for AS retakes.

Those 3As look like a myth :frown:

Looks like those days of doing **** all has caught up to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
just tell look im doing the exam not you its up to me when i should or feel like revising.

shed ko me...sigh...just going to bang work now my mocks are over for now...
Yep, I'm completely ****ting it this year.
I need to get A*AA and I have an interview next week with Queen Mary for Law...which I'm not ready for...and I have to sit the LNAT (law national admissions test) in a few weeks time. I haven't even revised properly for the LNAT, idk how to.
I'm honestly so terrified, I was trying my hardest not to get attached to UCL, but after going to their summer school, I really want to study Law at UCL. If I **** up my LNAT, I can kiss goodbye to that dream.
....and here I am on TSR instead of revising lololol😊😊😊
(edited 8 years ago)
I got BCCD at AS
Predicted BBC at A2
And i tried asking my teachers if they can change my predicted grades from Bs to As as i have been doing well in recent tests like getting high Bs in maths exam (only 3 marks off an A:angry: yet my teacher wouldnt change it)

Sorry for the mini rant

You should be fine. I applied to Pharmacology last week with similar grades to you and I already have 4 offers. The course isn't that competitive and I've heard of people in my school applying with predicted grades lower than the entry requirement and the uni will make a lower offer for them. Also, you may want to apply for a foundation year as one of your choices just incase.
Original post by Jboyn247
You should be fine. I applied to Pharmacology last week with similar grades to you and I already have 4 offers. The course isn't that competitive and I've heard of people in my school applying with predicted grades lower than the entry requirement and the uni will make a lower offer for them. Also, you may want to apply for a foundation year as one of your choices just incase.

Ok thanks
I am applyig for pharmacy at 3 unis and pharmacology at the other two
And one for pharmacy is a foundation year :smile:
I aim to apply by friday :afraid:
Original post by scrawlx101
shed ko me...sigh...just going to bang work now my mocks are over for now...

What's shed ko me ?

Quick Reply

Latest