The Student Room Group

why do people not want to be friends with me

i dont understand, everyone else seems to be able to make friends easily but i cant, is it because im ugly or autistic or something?
the first thing is to not assume its because you're ugly or autistic. a lot of the time, body language plays a large part in how people percieve you and your approachability. i'd recommend reading some books on how to improve this (Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People is a great start). as weird as it sounds, people are selfish and they like being asked questions about themselves. maybe try making acquaintances by asking people about themselves, and figuring out what you have in common, especially in lessons you may have or at clubs outside of school. try to seem enthusiastic when people are telling you about something, showing you're engaged in the conversation even if you aren't really that interested. it's going to be hard at first but keep practicing and soon it'll be second nature. this is all coming from someone who knows how hard it is to make friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending